ADVERTISEMENT

Speaker of the House clusterfvck

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
This is gold.

“I am not going away,” Mr. McCarthy defiantly told Republicans in a closed-door meeting on Tuesday, which devolved into bitter squabbling as the leader berated his detractors and his critics vented their spleen, according to lawmakers who attended.

In a room in the basement of the Capitol, Mr. McCarthy made the case that the lawmakers opposing him were selfishly disrupting what was supposed to be a day of unity for their own personal gain.

“I earned this job,” Mr. McCarthy said.

“Bullshit!” came the response from Representative Lauren Boebert of Colorado, one of the hard-right Republicans opposing him.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/01/03/us/house-speaker-vote

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I hope they never elect a speaker. Would be great for America for congress not to do anything for two years.
There's enough moderate Republicans that something would get done, like paying the bills.

For shits and giggles, the Democrats should get with the moderate Republicans and have them nominate Liz Cheney. Heads would explode lol. I'd say Paul Ryan, but he would tell them to shove the job offer up their asses.

giphy.gif

Dude wants to be Speaker and his best argument to whip the party is "I earned this." Doesn't look promising 🤣

Can you imagine Henry Clay or Tip O' Neill saying that? I'll give Pelosi some due here: she didn't take any shit.
Democrats are more loyal to party.. They are hell bent on power and government. They March in line. I give them that.

Can you imagine the uproar on MSM if they were to elect Donald J. Trump as speaker of the house?

Damn, that would be something worth watching for the next couple of years.

I hope somebody steps up and nominates Trump, just to see if he can garner 218 votes. Marjorie Taylor Greene should nominate him next round.

Good job Democrates,

You mission to invaginate the Republican party has worked perfectly.

THey love govt, power, and control. Their loyalty is to their party and govt. The govt and the power from the govt is their sole existence. Govt is their answer to everything.
Democrats can’t worry about just going to work and enjoy their lives. They have to worry about how to mess things up
Dude wants to be Speaker and his best argument to whip the party is "I earned this." Doesn't look promising 🤣

Can you imagine Henry Clay or Tip O' Neill saying that? I'll give Pelosi some due here: she didn't take any shit.
i am not a fan of McCarthy. We were supposed to have a 240 plus seat majority and Kevin fumbled on the 10 yard line with no defenders around. Trump wasn’t on ballot, terrible inflation and poor Biden policy and he couldn’t get the W.

To be honest though I wish things like contested speakerships weren’t so taboo. It’s funny to sling shit at the GOP for not falling 100% behind a candidate but at the same time we would be better off if not everybody voted party line all the time anyway.

Reactions: HerdFan73
It sounds like some of the members who have voted against McCarthy have met with him to tell him what they needed from him to get their vote, but he refuses to agree.

I guess if I felt these items were important enough I'd tell him to go fvck himself too.

It sounds like some of the members who have voted against McCarthy have met with him to tell him what they needed from him to get their vote, but he refuses to agree.

I guess if I felt these items were important enough I'd tell him to go fvck himself too.
I know that happened beforehand when he made his rousing “I deserve this!” Speech.

Basically they wanted to be able to remove him much easier than you currently can remove a Speaker. He chose this circus over that Sword of Damocles.

There could be more they wanted but from what I’ve read that was the big one.

I know that happened beforehand when he made his rousing “I deserve this!” Speech.

Basically they wanted to be able to remove him much easier than you currently can remove a Speaker. He chose this circus over that Sword of Damocles.

There could be more they wanted but from what I’ve read that was the big one.
They want him to not be a pushover and actually have a spine. He wants to keep power, so you can see where the hood up is

Maybe George Santos will make a run for it.
Apparently Santos subscribes to the Kamala Harris campaign strategy of tell whatever lie you need to in order to win. He should resign. So should Biden, Warren, & Harris for the exact same reason.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT