ADVERTISEMENT

Speaker of the House clusterfvck

How do Republicans consistently step on their own dicks when they've all got such small weiners?
DirtyOrnateChamois-size_restricted.gif

He's no longer a member of Congress but I think you don't technically have to be. I think he volunteered to do it on twitter. Unless he was joking.

Can you imagine the uproar on MSM if they were to elect Donald J. Trump as speaker of the house?
He wouldn't get the votes either, and then it would hilarious when he accused his own party of rigging the vote.
It sounds like some of the members who have voted against McCarthy have met with him to tell him what they needed from him to get their vote, but he refuses to agree.

I guess if I felt these items were important enough I'd tell him to go fvck himself too.
Um, no. See below.
Basically they wanted to be able to remove him much easier than you currently can remove a Speaker.
Bingo. They want it so one member can make a motion to dismiss the speaker and a vote to be held. It would be a shit-show every time one of these crybabies didn't get their way.
They want him to not be a pushover and actually have a spine.
No. They want him to have zero spine and cave to their demands every single time on every single thing.

Has Bobby Pruett removed his name from consideration yet?

At the end of the day, who gives a F*** who the speaker is. Nothing is going to get done for the next two years in a divided house.

You're looking at mostly executive orders and court challenges to executive orders.

With over 300,000,000 people in the United States, one would think the Senate and House wouldn't have a clown ratio of 9:1.

And apparently they are better at it than your team of misfits.
Only a liberal that believes himself to be a "libertarian" can't see that the Democrats are the party of bigger government (when compared to the Republican party of big government)...

Reactions: 19MU88
We are not talking ideologies here. We are talking about actually being able to....function. It's sad really.
And one ideology has been traditionally better at sticking together than the other. That is why Republicans seemed destined to be an opposition party. I have consistently said Republicans don't know how to win, or lead.

And one ideology has been traditionally better at sticking together than the other.
Has it though? 60's through 80s, dozens of Democrats switched to GOP. Senate Republicans do a good job of sticking together, probably because they have a crafty leader. Maybe it is a question of leadership in the House, plus the whole notion that the House is where the people elect flakes.

Oh my gosh i cant function because we don't have a speaker of the house for 48 hrs.
It's not indicative of a productive two years because of the slim majority. This isn't exactly a respected bunch throwing a wrench in it...maybe respected by nuts like you bastards on this board, but yes this is, let's say, the trailer trash of the GOP; like I said, when MGT is the voice of reason things are getting weird. I'd bet on some real shenanigans on the committees after they do manage to elect a Speaker. The next two years will be...interesting.

Has it though? 60's through 80s, dozens of Democrats switched to GOP.

This was absolutely ideological as the Democratic Party moved left. The Party left them, not the other way around.

Senate Republicans do a good job of sticking together, probably because they have a crafty leader.

It's a whole lot easier to keep 50 on the reservation rather than 250...

Reactions: SamSwimmer
It's not indicative of a productive two years because of the slim majority. This isn't exactly a respected bunch throwing a wrench in it...maybe respected by nuts like you bastards on this board, but yes this is, let's say, the trailer trash of the GOP; like I said, when MGT is the voice of reason things are getting weird. I'd bet on some real shenanigans on the committees after they do manage to elect a Speaker. The next two years will be...interesting.
I like the grid lock, not necessarily the group in the GOP House. Gridlock in DC is sometimes wonderful to have. Hopefully for two years of it.

Plus, it is historical and fun to watch. Shows how we have a good system.

It is funny how things today turn into the worst thing ever and what will we do. The system is working as designed.

Reactions: FreddyReef
The best part of this is that he had already moved into the office after Pelosi moved out.

This was absolutely ideological as the Democratic Party moved left.
Considering who most of them were, I wouldn't call it a move left and more a move towards decency...hopefully we can agree segregation is not a "right" thing, it's just fvcking wrong.
It's a whole lot easier to keep 50 on the reservation rather than 250...
I'd say it is more indicative of the higher quality people that usually populate the Senate.
and fun to watch.
It is, which is why I am here talking shit.

Considering who most of them were, I wouldn't call it a move left and more a move towards decency...hopefully we can agree segregation is not a "right" thing, it's just fvcking wrong.

Playing the race card like a true liberal would...

You said 60s through the 80s but immediately respond with a reference to segregation...

Both parties have moved leftward, likely mirroring the rural-urban shift over the last couple of generations. Democrats have just moved faster.

When you posted about Democrats leaving the party I immediately thought about Billy Tauzin. He left the party in the 90s saying there was no longer room for conservatives in the Democrat party.

So yeah, nothing has changed. You think of yourself as a "libertarian" and me as a RWNJ. I think of you as a liberal and myself as a thoughtful and intelligent person. One of us is wrong. You playing the race card proves it was you...

FYI McCarthy just lost the 4th round of voting and is now probably going to try to cut a deal with democrats to lower the majority threshold

FYI McCarthy just lost the 4th round of voting and is now probably going to try to cut a deal with democrats to lower the majority threshold
If he does that the Democrats only need 6 votes and they can elect a speaker. I think it is 6. Heard that this morning.

If he does that the Democrats only need 6 votes and they can elect a speaker. I think it is 6. Heard that this morning.
The deal would be for enough of them to just go home to lower the threshold for him to win.

If I were the Dems I wouldn’t trust any deal McCarthy made.

You said 60s through the 80s but immediately respond with a reference to segregation...
Preceded by "Considering who most of them were", which should be an obvious clue that my next comment was directed at the big exodus in the 60s. Obvious to non-morons, at least.

Of course, Jesse Helms defected in 1970, but we know what he was about.

Billy Tauzin
There's a name that is synonymous with everything wrong with Washington DC, and it has nothing to do with party.

Preceded by "Considering who most of them were", which should be an obvious clue that my next comment was directed at the big exodus in the 60s. Obvious to non-morons, at least.

Of course, Jesse Helms defected in 1970, but we know what he was about.

There's a name that is synonymous with everything wrong with Washington DC, and it has nothing to do with party.
Byrd never left the party or possibly the klan (he did get caught lying about his involvement.)

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan

Well non-morons like me wonder why a moron like you would have to go back 60 years to try to prove a current point...

Well, he was a member of both parties so that is bipartisanship at its finest...

Soooo... Are you denying that the Democrat Party has become more liberal over the last couple of decades? Notice I didn't have to go back 60 years to frame my question...

"As Gallup has previously reported, the percentage of Democrats nationally who identify as politically liberal has been increasing. This has occurred in three distinct phases: 1) 2001-2006, when the percentage was trending steadily upward; 2) 2007-2012, when liberalism held steady near 40% for several years in a row and 3) 2013-2018, when liberalism resumed its upward trajectory.

The percentage of Democrats identifying as politically liberal averaged 32% in the first period, 39% in the second and 46% in the third. At the same time, the percentages identifying as conservative and moderate fell equally."

This is what happens when you divide the party and country as such…. They all look like clowns rn.

It sounds like McCarthy made the big concession they wanted (which I still fail to see the true significance of but whatever) so they may get this sorted today.

Traditionally speaking?

Traditionally is a conservative trait. I doubt a liberal or a "libertarian" (in at least one circumstance they are one and the same) gets it...

But when that's all you've got...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT