ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game in the IPF

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
So our spring game is now being held in the Chris Cline Indoor Practice Facility. Does this mean then that the new turf is going down now which made this change necessary?

So our spring game is now being held in the Chris Cline Indoor Practice Facility. Does this mean then that the new turf is going down now which made this change necessary?
They're allowing fans into the Joan to watch it...also having activities for kids and families, which I imagine would be on the field?

This is different! Is the Joan stadium turf already removed? I wonder if there is going to put in some temporary stands to watch the game inside the CCAC?

i think you missed it.

I don't think the father or any of us wanted the field to be named Dick Small. maybe Richard but the clever folks would still get it.
I believe there is a building on another college campus that is named after him; however, finding it is difficult as Google provides a bunch of unrelated search results. Now I am worried my Facebook feed is going to be filled with unneeded "targeted" advertisements.

I believe there is a building on another college campus that is named after him; however, finding it is difficult as Google provides a bunch of unrelated search results. Now I am worried my Facebook feed is going to be filled with unneeded "targeted" advertisements.
Im sure that isnt the worst "targeted" advertising you have on your feed.

Im sure that isnt the worst "targeted" advertising you have on your feed.
True, this is probably one of the worst.
Fathers-Day-FB-mug-ad.jpg

Search Cornell college in Iowa. BTW he’s also in the wrestling HOF

Reactions: herdfan06
Thank you. I thought it was in the Midwest but could not remember the name of the school.
btw I'll help you out with a short bio

Reactions: herdfan06
So the turf is still down and they are going to set up inflatables inside the stadium on the field for kids. Why not reverse that and put them in the IPF and play the game in the Joan since the turf is still there? Enlighten me.

So the turf is still down and they are going to set up inflatables inside the stadium on the field for kids. Why not reverse that and put them in the IPF and play the game in the Joan since the turf is still there? Enlighten me.
Iirc Huff said stadium turf was unsafe.

My question exactly. Unsafe to play on but put the kids on the field!
I dont think little kids running around the field will be an issue. It's thread bear turf, uprooted seems that can catch a football players cleats when they cut and blow out a knee or ankle.

I dont think little kids running around the field will be an issue. It's thread bear turf, uprooted seems that can catch a football players cleats when they cut and blow out a knee or ankle.
Exactly.

Why can't people just stop overthinking things?
"WAAAH!!! WAAAH!!! OUR FIELD IS AWFUL!!"
"Huff is changing it and having the scrimmage in the IPF because the field is unsafe."
"WAAH!!! WAAH!!! I QUESTION THIS MOVE!!!"

Reactions: Pioneer_PA
Yeah, from what I have been told, the individual blades, many of them, have been detached and are gone. Seams are pulled and therefore dangerous.

It is the spring game. The IPF is fine. Show up for the fall games.
Based on injury statistics, I'd say Huff is doing what's best to protect his players.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Based on injury statistics, I'd say Huff is doing what's best to protect his players.
even though the spring game will be a little weird to go indoor, it is the right decision to protect the players. I didn't realize the game turf was in such bad shape.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
even though the spring game will be a little weird to go indoor, it is the right decision to protect the players. I didn't realize the game turf was in such bad shape.
The question is, how did it get so bad between the last game and now?

The question is, how did it get so bad between the last game and now?
Just go back and watch some games from this past season. Pay attention to our players and other teams players trying to cut hard on turf. It was terrible and probably should have been replaced before last season started.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
It's about time the turf gets replaced and needs to be Kelly Green color to remind everyone that this Herd territory and our players will play until the final whistle blows.

GO HERD!!!! 🏈🏈

The turf is replaced on a regular schedule that is the manufacturer's recommendation. This schedule has existed through all of the coaches, good and bad and all of the ADs, good and bad, for over 30 years. Nothing to see here, move on.
Exactly.
Some on here are treating this like its a big deal.
It's not.

Reactions: The Real SamC
2 years left on the warranty from the manufacturer but if coach wants it replaced, great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT