ADVERTISEMENT

Stay out of Fayetteville, WV

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Had to spend Saturday there for a few hours, attending a funeral for a friend.

Saw a bunch of trannies walking around town, and then noticed they had a drag show going on at the corner bar. Imagine that. Place was nothing but good ole rednecks back in the day, and most of us even used to get drunk and fight at that same spot, right there on the sidewalk. Now, the northerners have rolled in to make a bunch of money off tourism, and we're left with fag shows at the local bars. Saw this one dude that must have been 6 foot 3, with big arms and legs, wearing a dress with a blonde wig. Somebody like that should be playing football for Concord. Instead, dressed up in drag walking around like he was something special.

I won't be going back unless it's for another funeral, and it will have to be for an immediate family member.

Why can't these northern people just stay where they're at? Bunch of damn carpet baggers.

Reactions: i am herdman

Saw a bunch of trannies walking around town, and then noticed they had a drag show going on at the corner bar. Imagine that. Place was nothing but good ole rednecks back in the day, and most of us even used to get drunk and fight at that same spot, right there on the sidewalk. Now, the northerners have rolled in to make a bunch of money off tourism, and we're left with fag shows at the local bars. Saw this one dude that must have been 6 foot 3, with big arms and legs, wearing a dress with a blonde wig. Somebody like that should be playing football for Concord. Instead, dressed up in drag walking around like he was something special.

I won't be going back unless it's for another funeral, and it will have to be for an immediate family member.

Why can't these northern people just stay where they're at? Bunch of damn carpet baggers.
Sounds like you didn’t say hi to the Ignored User and buy him and his friends a beer.

They try to ruin everything. Read on a community page here some of these Yankess moving in want people to not use their fire pits in the yards. Burning is bad and we burn trees. Go back where the hell you came from.

It's been hippies and granolas as long as I can remember...have you been around since before rafts were created?
Yes, but most of the hippies back when the rafting first took off were local hippies, and a few Northerners. Now days, it's mostly Northerners and all the local hippies have dropped dead from old age and smoking too much weed over time. This thing with drag shows is recent, and was all brought on due to the startup of all this woke stuff. People up there now are all brain washed with woke liberal ideology. Thinking if I were to move back, there's only a few select places I would consider, and that's up in the highlands, or in Monroe/Greenbrier area. Nicholas would be alright too, but the police are pretty prickly there. Still believe a smaller town with a decent main street is the better option, and there's very few of them in WV now days. They have that in Madison, Indiana, and other decent midwest towns. Hate to say it, but you almost have to have an 85% white population for things to not get ruined, but you have to have the 15% latino and asian makeup in order to have decent food and workers.

Strange. It is almost as if you had bitched about this before, yet you continue going back (regardless if it is for a funeral or not).

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I've got news for you: queer folks didn't just up and start rafting this year.
What year did you first go rafting?

Thing is, it's one thing being a fag, but it's another thing to rub the faggitry in everybody's face. At least with us rednecks, we do our parades out in the woods on 4 wheelers with a cooler strapped to the back.

What year did you first go rafting?
1988. I'm not quite as old as you, but I'm old enough.
Thing is, it's one thing being a fag, but it's another thing to rub the faggitry in everybody's face.
Who cares, they do their thing and you do yours. No one is killing my buzz, because I don't let them and I really just don't care.

They have that in Madison, Indiana
We were there Sunday, had a late lunch at the Taproom.

We were there Sunday, had a late lunch at the Taproom.
We're going back down in July. I love drinking around there, although I wasn't overly impressed with the Mad Paddle beers, but will go back to acquire a 2nd opinion. Taproom is probably the best place to slam a few, and they have some damn good food. Red on Main has the best food though. Still looking at houses to possibly retire there, but really need to talk to some locals about them. Upkeep on them could get pricy, if you purchase one of the old historic houses. You just can't go to Lowe's to buy the shit to keep them in the historic 'look'.

Need to go look when the boat races are this year.

Edit: We might end up going to Bardstown instead. Still debating it. I'm not a bourbon drinker, so not sure I would fit in well in Bardstown, but looks like a great place to visit. Guess I could force a few samples down though, even if I ended up puking later in the evening.

Taproom is probably the best place to slam a few, and they have some damn good food.
Their fried green tomatoes are really good. Also got the Wrangler burger, with the fried jalapenos on it. Good stuff.
Still looking at houses to possibly retire there, but really need to talk to some locals about them.
Do it now, a friend of mine is selling his house there. He did a lot of work to it, it's turn key.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/414-E-4th-St-Madison-IN-47250/85419047_zpid/

Their fried green tomatoes are really good. Also got the Wrangler burger, with the fried jalapenos on it. Good stuff.

Do it now, a friend of mine is selling his house there. He did a lot of work to it, it's turn key.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/414-E-4th-St-Madison-IN-47250/85419047_zpid/
Ironically, I just emailed my wife that house right before lunch. Waiting for her feedback, but it's pretty nice. Thought at $249k, it was a great deal. Houses don't last on the market too long, especially that close to main street. Plus, unlike most of them, he at least has a little bit of a yard, plus a damn garage. There's another one over on 3rd street I kind of like, but for some reason, it's been on the market now for 4-5 months, which is unusal, and they even dropped the price to $219K, which is very unusual. Has to be something fvcked up about it, but not sure what. Like most houses there, the wealthy buy them and turn them into rentals on VRBO.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Ironically, I just emailed my wife that house right before lunch. Waiting for her feedback, but it's pretty nice. Thought at $249k, it was a great deal. Houses don't last on the market too long, especially that close to main street. Plus, unlike most of them, he at least has a little bit of a yard, plus a damn garage. There's another one over on 3rd street I kind of like, but for some reason, it's been on the market now for 4-5 months, which is unusal, and they even dropped the price to $219K, which is very unusual. Has to be something fvcked up about it, but not sure what. Like most houses there, the wealthy buy them and turn them into rentals on VRBO.
I like that it has that nice little garage, you could buy a motorcycle or two and keep them in there.

The Madison home is the one he used when working in that part of the state. I know the guy well enough to know he didn't half-ass anything. I too would be wary of home that looks good but doesn't sell.

Investors and speculators are killing the cool little towns for us average guys, you are right about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT