ADVERTISEMENT

Stealing Money

Hamrick is your muse. He is the reason the department is in shambles; Fans have abandoned the program; Coaches are sub-par; The continual viral of this web blog. I have been "among you" for years and years...

This past few weeks are reason for me to actually respond. Hamrick is a cancer that is being treated with hope of getting better. Not unlike our country, Marshall supporters need to wake up and demand change before its simply too late. The coaches, our programs (all sports) and their productivity are but symptoms of the disease.

I go now, and fade back into the crowd.

Hamrick is your muse. He is the reason the department is in shambles; Fans have abandoned the program; Coaches are sub-par; The continual viral of this web blog. I have been "among you" for years and years...

This past few weeks are reason for me to actually respond. Hamrick is a cancer that is being treated with hope of getting better. Not unlike our country, Marshall supporters need to wake up and demand change before its simply too late. The coaches, our programs (all sports) and their productivity are but symptoms of the disease.

This is a tad much.

Not really. I feel the Athletic Dept fleeced the MU fans. Smoke and Mirrors and hiring your buddies. Hamrick is full of more crap than a Christmas Goose.

Please.

Mike Hamrick is an excellent AD who has done a ton of good at MU. Our football program is currently in shambles but to call him a cancer is ridiculous.

Please.

Mike Hamrick is an excellent AD who has done a ton of good at MU. Our football program is currently in shambles but to call him a cancer is ridiculous.

that is up for debate. In Greenville NC they have a different view. He has done some good, doesn't mean he isn't full of crap. His hiring of coaches is questionable.

He and Doc had a good thing going. Water down the schedules. Talk about recruiting. beat up on the sister's of the poor. Win a championship after teams leave. Hand out contract extensions like they are candy to your buddies.

They are the like WV DOT. He fired old Steve Logan at ECU. Let's see what he does with his buddy. Of course he hired another coach that had to be fired by another AD after two years.

Now the run is coming to and end and it has been smoke and mirrors. Unfortunately it is going to cost the school a ton of money.

Last edited:

You typed that with a Guy Fawkes mask on, didn't you?

Anyways, @i am herdman - I do think Hamrick's legacy as AD at MU will be severely tested over the next few months. The program is as down as it's been in a long time and it's his job to fix it.

Why did it fall so quickly? And, what is he going to do? Fire his friend? Where does he come up with the money? We would owe Doc how much?

This has all been smoke and mirrors.

Why did it fall so quickly? And, what is he going to do? Fire his friend? Where does he come up with the money? We would owe Doc how much?

This has all been smoke and mirrors.

I don't know what the hell has happened, I really don't. I do think we did it with some smoke and mirrors last year (I think we were good in 2014) but we weren't so completely fraudulent that we should be losing to teams like UNT, Charlotte and Akron a year later. It's perplexing.

I don't think Doc gets fired this year unless he refuses to make changes in his staff - which could happen I suppose.

Hammrick is a great AD! Yes doc " has some explaining to do" but if the era ends then so be it , thank him for his service and realize that Marshall is still a place coaches will want to come . hammrick and Marshall have made that investment , which again serves multiple purposes. From other sports teams (title IX). The soccer stadium was an easy investment plus the bonus of having soccer reginonals was a connection was needed. doc can get a pass because he did deliver a ship but if 4 or more coaches aren't replaced then he's next .

Legg and Mirabal need to be dismissed. A few players need to have a foot stuck up there ass! Wake up Doc!!

Shepard Smith reporting on Hurricane Matthew thinks this is too dramatic.

"If Mike Hamrick doesn't make changes Marshall fans will die and no one will feel sorry for them."

I don't know what the hell has happened, I really don't. I do think we did it with some smoke and mirrors last year (I think we were good in 2014) but we weren't so completely fraudulent that we should be losing to teams like UNT, Charlotte and Akron a year later. It's perplexing...

We were better last year for a few reasons. On offense we had a better running game. DJ had 94 carries and averaged 6.3 ypc which is outstanding when you have a running back that can do that especially when he was hurt. Remi had 80 carries for a 5.0 ypc average. Pittman carried the ball 64 times and averaged 5.1 ypc. That is 3 running backs averaging 5+ yard a carry. This year we only have one running back averaging more than 4.5ypc but for whatever reason he is sitting the bench most of the time. Our yards per carry average so far this year is a paltry 3.2. You also had the big Swede on the O line pushing people around but now he is gone.

On defense we lost Jarquez Samuel and Steve Dillion to plug up the middle. We also lost Evan McKelvey, Tiquan Lang, D.J. Hunter, Taj Letman, Cory Tindal, Antavis Rowe, Ricardo Williams, Armonze Daniel, Keith Baxter and you have a guy like A.J. Leggett that Doc ran off before the season started last year. That is a lot of talent and production on defense to lose to not expect some major falloff. That is the reason we are so much worse this year vs last year.

Hamrick's is good at finding money and getting stuff built. It's the other AD duties that seem to create issues sometimes. He was run out at ECU and was in the process of being run out of UNLV when he came here. It would be interesting to research how many total conference championships have been won by coaches he's hired.

Reactions: jocktalker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT