ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgate Info

Dec 10, 2007
Good Afternoon Herd Nation,

Anyone have advice on where to tailgate at your place? Our 15 person Boilermaker group is coming over in a big van and have no idea where to set up camp. Also, any hotel recomendations? I see there are some decent options in Barboursville, but that is 10 miles in the wrong direction. We are looking forward to our first trip to Marshall. Any help would be much appreciated! Have a great day.

Good Afternoon Herd Nation,

Anyone have advice on where to tailgate at your place? Our 15 person Boilermaker group is coming over in a big van and have no idea where to set up camp. Also, any hotel recomendations? I see there are some decent options in Barboursville, but that is 10 miles in the wrong direction. We are looking forward to our first trip to Marshall. Any help would be much appreciated! Have a great day.

@jkar, check the visitors guide pinned at the top of this board. My suggestion would be to call the downtown Holiday Inn and Pullman Plaza to see if they've had any cancellations. Might be able to slip in that way. Staying downtown is where you want to be.

There are also a few hotels just a mile or two from the stadium and downtown. There is a Super 8, Red Roof Inn, Townplace Suites and a Hampton Inn, I think.

The Purdue Alumni Association and Purdue Club are holding a tailgate at Buddy's All American BBQ. You have to pre-register by Wednesday- LINK

If you're looking to park and tailgate near the stadium, here is a parking map.

Make sure you watch We Are Marshall 1st and then come see the filming locations.

Including those parking options, Arbys off of 5 th avenue behind the south end zone has some good parking spots, as well as behind the rail road tracks to the south of that and all around that area. And I would recommend walking through the west lot.

Including those parking options, Arbys off of 5 th avenue behind the south end zone has some good parking spots, as well as behind the rail road tracks to the south of that and all around that area. And I would recommend walking through the west lot.
Couldn't recommend that if it were Morganhole. Big difference between us and the idiots up north.

By the way Barboursville isn't far from downtown. It's a quick drive and you can enter from 29th st. Exit or from Hal Greer exit.

JKAR, you will be very lucky indeed to get any hotel rooms near downtown. I mean 15,000 people (along with local 16 to 18,000) will already be here. I think the only way you could get a room is through a cancelation so you better check that prior to getting here. B-ville would be a good thing to be honest, if you can get one there. during big games some people must stay in Charleston WV or Ashland KY. Herd Fans from all over the east coast will be in for this game.....just a thought.

The Pullman plaza has rooms available, that will be your best bet bet, unless the holiday inn has some left, but I think they are sold out!

Has the Pullman got it's act together yet? Seems the response to Pullman over the last few years is it has degenerated into a 2nd rate Hotel. I hope they have done something to change that image.

Thanks everyone for your help. Since its not too far, I think we will be staying in Barboursville. As for a tailgate location, we will swing by our Alumni gathering. However, we have several kids that will want to throw the football around ( I am one of those kids). Is there a tailgate or parking area near some green space? We have been spoiled in that our group has parking passes at home games on one of our golf courses. Lots of space for the kids to start a pickup football game.

Thanks everyone for your help. Since its not too far, I think we will be staying in Barboursville. As for a tailgate location, we will swing by our Alumni gathering. However, we have several kids that will want to throw the football around ( I am one of those kids). Is there a tailgate or parking area near some green space? We have been spoiled in that our group has parking passes at home games on one of our golf courses. Lots of space for the kids to start a pickup football game.

You're not going to find a lot of green space anywhere in this area that isn't campus itself. You'll have a big enough parking lot at Buddy's BBQ to toss around some, though.

Here is a Game Day Parking Map. Like @RedParallax mentioned, not a lot of green space.

Not much option for tossing football much. Let alone playing a game. It's a typical stadium in the city. Lots of concrete and buidlings.

The largest mall in WV is in Barboursville if you want shopping and Fat Patties is in Barboursville also. I suggest trying it.

I think we will try to set up camp in the RV lot north of the library. Short walk to the game, and a short walk to explore the campus. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT