ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating in charlotte

thndrthihs

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Anyone have any experience with tailgating at charlotte? We've looked at the on campus options and they're pretty crappy! Only thing I've found is gas grill only and opens at 2 pm

Two years ago we parked on the roof of a parking garage on the other side of campus and tailgated... it was a pretty good time, but it seemed like miles to walk to the stadium.

2 years ago the Alumni - sponsored tailgat was a great deal. Location was close to stadium. I understand the local chapter president is no longer running the show. It would be nice if there was another University- organized tailgate for UNCC, Any word on this please post.....

Reactions: ilmherdfan
There is a BG event planned. I believe it's on lot 12. We will likely be starting in the West deck (can purchase online any tailgate parking ahead of time) and then going to the BG event from 330-530p.

There is only one open lot to tailgate that is not booster paid and that's the silver lot. It is a long walk.......

Overall, the experience is alright but it is mainly garage parking. The set up two years ago was great at the golf course.

There is a BG event planned. I believe it's on lot 12. We will likely be starting in the West deck (can purchase online any tailgate parking ahead of time) and then going to the BG event from 330-530p.

There is only one open lot to tailgate that is not booster paid and that's the silver lot. It is a long walk.......

Overall, the experience is alright but it is mainly garage parking. The set up two years ago was great at the golf course.

Leaving sucks a lot of uphill walking

Look, they're now 0-5. Heck, Herd fans may outnumber the locals. Then again its a night game so their students may be out in some numbers. (Its not like there's a lot to do at night in Charlotte- -Duh!).

Seriously, there seemed to be a lot of smaller parking lots and some street parking near the stadium, including across the street from one end zone. Game was an afternoon affair there 2 years ago and we had a fairly easy walk to our car. Don't know if tailgating is restricted in these lots or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT