ADVERTISEMENT

Tamar Slay

Yeah, topic of this thread sure has drifted away from "straight down the fairway". W-S and Twolf apparently are working hard on their slices, hooks, etc., etc., on many courses throughout the Tri-State!!!!
olde! Good morning! Look forward to your 3:37 a. thoughts.
Hell, haven’t swung a club in a while, but it sure was fun growing up in a safe town being able to be a kid & do the ⚾️, 🌭, 🥧 & Chevrolet things that are beyond today’s yutes…….

olde! Good morning! Look forward to your 3:37 a. thoughts.
Hell, haven’t swung a club in a while, but it sure was fun growing up in a safe town being able to be a kid & do the ⚾️, 🌭, 🥧 & Chevrolet things that are beyond today’s yutes…….
Hey W-S, give a guy some credit. When I posted that, there was still "daylight" outside!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I appreciate the info. I know we all want a person to recover, improve their life, and move forward. But the powers that be have to know and realize the other 40K citizens of this city who try to make a living every day, and call this home, want a safe city and a growing city, one with a bright future. Frankly, I don't think they do. It almost seems like they take great pleasure in being Americas recovery house.
Been out of town for a couple days and did not have time to respond. Folks in recovery homes are seeking the same thing. They are helping themselves. They are less likely to do anything to harm someone than folks with an alcohol/drug problem and have not acknowledged it. They are still actively involved and are more apt to cause harm. I realize this conversation is way off topic. It took a turn earlier and I wanted to respond. I apologize for keeping this going.

Been out of town for a couple days and did not have time to respond. Folks in recovery homes are seeking the same thing. They are helping themselves. They are less likely to do anything to harm someone than folks with an alcohol/drug problem and have not acknowledged it. They are still actively involved and are more apt to cause harm. I realize this conversation is way off topic. It took a turn earlier and I wanted to respond. I apologize for keeping this going.
I don't have an issue with those who are in recovery and want to better themselves, who would.
My issue is with those who take advantage and city officials who seem to turn a blind eye and have allowed this issue to dominate our city and what it has become. The citizens deserve better.
No one is gonna move here unless we do a 180 on this topic.
My apologies as well for going off topic.

I don't have an issue with those who are in recovery and want to better themselves, who would.
My issue is with those who take advantage and city officials who seem to turn a blind eye and have allowed this issue to dominate our city and what it has become. The citizens deserve better.
No one is gonna move here unless we do a 180 on this topic.
My apologies as well for going off topic.
Correct, I don’t hate the player just the game… it’s not a dis on the folks that use the resources, it’s the fact that they had resources to use. They are funded directly with government funds and funnel directly to the owners of these so call “recovery” houses. Doctors, Lawyers, politicians, wealthy businessmen, etc have all found out how easy it is..

and now with cheap houses starting a tax recovery business is super cheap..

We should be asking the questions like, should we have a jailing system, public school system, should we have medical insurance/Medicare, should hospitals be allowed to over charge…

The recovery process has to come from within, not a house.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Correct, I don’t hate the player just the game… it’s not a dis on the folks that use the resources, it’s the fact that they had resources to use. They are funded directly with government funds and funnel directly to the owners of these so call “recovery” houses. Doctors, Lawyers, politicians, wealthy businessmen, etc have all found out how easy it is..

and now with cheap houses starting a tax recovery business is super cheap..

We should be asking the questions like, should we have a jailing system, public school system, should we have medical insurance/Medicare, should hospitals be allowed to over charge…

The recovery process has to come from within, not a house.
Well said.

Search me. Are all the Fannins in jail or just a few of them. Lol.
I played my first nine holes of golf on that property, I think it was Rolling Meadows golf course.
I played on the hilltop several times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT