ADVERTISEMENT

Thanksgiving Sandwich

-CarlHungus-

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 9, 2007
It's that time of year.
Let's be honest, Turkey isn't the best meat. But especially if you're smoking a turkey this year, I can't recommend this enough.
The Thanksgiving Sandwich. I think Moe's Original BBQ does it the best, but you can do it at home pretty easily. I recommend making your own Alabama white sauce, but you can get it in the store now.

That's smoked turkey, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, and alabama white sauce, +/- marinated slaw.

smoked-thanksgiving.jpg

We tend to make Lucy Buffett's Oyster cornbread stuffing which is excellent. You can smoke it in cast iron too if that's your jam.
RIP Jimmy.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
It's that time of year.
Let's be honest, Turkey isn't the best meat. But especially if you're smoking a turkey this year, I can't recommend this enough.
The Thanksgiving Sandwich. I think Moe's Original BBQ does it the best, but you can do it at home pretty easily. I recommend making your own Alabama white sauce, but you can get it in the store now.

That's smoked turkey, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, and alabama white sauce, +/- marinated slaw.

smoked-thanksgiving.jpg
You can’t beat Dukes

Not a super fan of Alabama White Sauce, but Moes is good. I really like smoked turkey and find myself buying it more and more when I go eat at a BBQ place.

I like a good smoked turkey sandwich, some green beans, and a side of Brunswick Stew.

I am going to smoke a turkey breast and Boston Butt tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Not a super fan of Alabama White Sauce, but Moes is good. I really like smoked turkey and find myself buying it more and more when I go eat at a BBQ place.

I like a good smoked turkey sandwich, some green beans, and a side of Brunswick Stew.

I am going to smoke a turkey breast and Boston Butt tomorrow.

agree. sometimes the boston butt/pulled pork is too fatty. Smoked turkey sandwich can be great.

You ever watch Malcolm Reed on YouTube? How to BBQ Right.

No. I need to.

I just have a Traeger (I know, it's like cheating). I just enjoy the art and camraderie of it all too. Fun group get togethers smoking, drinking, watching a ball game, eating together, etc.

I got to meet Rodney Scott at a prior Southern Foodways Alliance (their former director is John T Edge - he hosts/produces True South on ESPN) food event then he came out and did a private BBQ for a group of us. He literally drove up his smoker from Charleston to Highlands, NC and started smoking at 7 AM. What an awesome dude he is.

Reactions: i am herdman
Dukes mayo sucks

I have no mayo preference.

If you do alabama white sauce I rec'd making it at home, but Duke's does make it now so if you're not inclined to make it at home then the Duke's is fine.

I like to use it sparingly (it's rich) on bbq sandwiches or when I do redneck nachos (pulled pork, kettle chips, jalapenos, red onion, vinegar or tomato based bbq sauce and alabama white sauce).

No. I need to.

I just have a Traeger (I know, it's like cheating). I just enjoy the art and camraderie of it all too. Fun group get togethers smoking, drinking, watching a ball game, eating together, etc.

I got to meet Rodney Scott at a prior Southern Foodways Alliance (their former director is John T Edge - he hosts/produces True South on ESPN) food event then he came out and did a private BBQ for a group of us. He literally drove up his smoker from Charleston to Highlands, NC and started smoking at 7 AM. What an awesome dude he is.
Wow. That's awesome. Malcom has some good videos.. I am a novice but his videos are helpful.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Nothing wrong with Dukes. At the end of the day, it is Mayonaise.

90& of the time I grabbing Miracle Whip anyway, none of it should be the focus of your sandwich.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT