ADVERTISEMENT

That infrastucture deal, Pedo-Joe and his bleaters brag about?

30CAT

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
Just more lies from the left....They tell us, "This is how we're going to spend YOUR money, but really they are spending it to push an agenda.....and the bleaters bleat. This is what happens when you hire based on sexual preference, gender and race, like Pedo-Joe does. It's against the law for us mere mortals, but perfectly legit for the bleaters' messiah. On a side note, I wonder how the Democrat policy of decriminalizing Heroin and Cocaine in Seattle is working out? :rolleyes:

Democrats, their policies and their bleaters are destroying our country.

LINK: Billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars meant for infrastructure projects are tied to woke initiatives

An internal memorandum circulated among lawmakers by Senate Commerce Committee Republicans highlights how the Biden administration is tying billions of dollars in taxpayer funds to "woke initiatives."

The memo, first obtained by Fox News Digital, was sent late Monday evening and spearheaded by Commerce Committee Ranking Member Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who is planning to author legislation that would prohibit the Department of Transportation (DOT) from tying federal funds to left-wing priorities. It particularly targets DOT's management of three grant programs that serve as key vehicles to fund various types of surface transportation projects nationwide.

"Billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars meant for infrastructure projects are tied to woke initiatives that are more focused on dismantling America’s infrastructure in the name of ‘equity’ and ‘climate change’ than building roads, bridges, and highways to connect the country," the memo states.

"Congress must not allow the Department of Transportation to push the absurd concept of ‘racist roads’ to prevent Americans from getting much-needed improvements to their highways," it continued. "The funding notices issued by DOT should focus on the law as written, not woke priorities."

In June, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg announced that his agency had started accepting applications for the National Infrastructure Project Assistance, Infrastructure for Rebuilding America (INFRA), and Rural Surface Transportation Grant programs. The three programs received a collective $5.6 billion boost, most of which supports INFRA, under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act of 2021.

Buttigieg said the grants eventually awarded under the programs would support "transformational infrastructure projects across the nation." But the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) the DOT issued as part of its grant awarding process states recipients must broadly address equity and climate concerns.

"Projects that have not sufficiently considered equity and barriers to opportunity in their planning, as determined by the Department, will be required to do so before receiving funds for construction," the DOT's NOFO states.

"Projects that have not sufficiently considered climate change and environmental justice in their planning, as determined by the Department, will be required to do so before receiving funds for construction," the document adds.

The two funding conditions cite Pedo-Joe's day-one executive order titled "Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government."

Following Buttigieg's announcement, Cruz wrote in July to the Government Accountability Office, asking for confirmation that the NOFO is a rule and, therefore, is subject to Congressional Review Act (CRA), a law dating back nearly three decades that allows Congress to revoke federal regulations. The federal watchdog responded last month, saying it was, in fact, subject to the law.

According to the memo circulated Monday, Cruz will soon introduce a CRA resolution "challenging ‘woke’ anti-highway policy in DOT grants." The resolution would additionally target other DOT policies such as framing road building as increasing "automobile dependence," and condemning highway expansion projects that don't involve electric vehicle charging stations or bike lanes.

"Taken together, these additions, which severely deviate from the criteria in law, will favor states seeking to expand mass transit and bike paths over states wanting to build roads. The added requirements on grant agreements, which are necessary for money to be paid after awards are announced, are particularly pernicious," the memo adds.

"The DOT funding notice guarantees that applicants will not get construction funds unless they embrace the administration’s extreme views on climate and equity," it states, calling for Congress to support Cruz's forthcoming resolution that opposes the pedo administration's "anti-highway agenda."

For years, left-wing groups like the American Civil Liberties Union and activists have argued U.S. cities historically used highway infrastructure to further racist discrimination. Buttigieg has sought to reverse past racist policies that led to certain infrastructure decisions.

"There is racism physically built into some of our highways, and that’s why the jobs plan has specifically committed to reconnect some of the communities that were divided by these dollars," Buttigieg said in an interview with theGrio in 2021.

In June 2022, Buttigieg launched the $1 billion Reconnecting Communities program that aims to reverse infrastructure policies that divide communities and disconnect certain neighborhoods from economic opportunities.

"Transportation can connect us to jobs, services and loved ones, but we‘ve also seen countless cases around the country where a piece of infrastructure cuts off a neighborhood or a community because of how it was built," Buttigieg said at the time.

"But we can't ignore the basic truth that some of the planners and politicians behind those projects built them directly through the heart of vibrant, populated, communities — sometimes in an effort to reinforce segregation," he said. "Sometimes because the people there had less power to resist. And sometimes as part of a direct effort to replace or eliminate Black neighborhoods."

The DOT didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Senator Tommy Tuberville lauded the news Tuesday, celebrating the law’s impact on Alabama’s rural communities

Senator John Cornyn also tweeted an article boasting about Texas receiving a whopping $3.3 billion for broadband, more than any other state in the nation.

Representative Nancy Mace on Wednesday hosted a press conference celebrating the law’s allocation of nearly $26 million to a Charleston, South Carolina, regional bus hub featuring electric buses

Republican Rep. Tony Gonzales of Texas claimed in a post on his website in January that he secured $75 million for a creek restoration project in his district that came from the infrastructure bill

Republican Sen. Rick Scott of Florida in January toured a new embankment in the Everglades and tried to take credit for “securing an unprecedented $1 billion for Everglades restoration

Marsha Blackburn celebrated the “progress” on broadband in Tennessee

The beneficiaries included two highway improvement projects in Arkansas, which received about $50 million, drawing public praise from Republican Sens. John Boozman and Tom Cotton.

Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) similarly heralded the roughly $28 million awarded to the cities of Laurel and Meridian for road improvements

Rep. Robert B. Aderholt (R-Ala.), a top appropriator, delighted in the receipt of $1.6 million to replace a bridge in Courtland, Ala

Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.), the chairman of the House’s powerful Transportation Committee, said he was “proud” to share the news that the city of Maryville would receive $1.3 million to repair its portion of a local highway

Now we see why all those above^^^voted against the infrastructure bill.

Senator Tommy Tuberville lauded the news Tuesday, celebrating the law’s impact on Alabama’s rural communities

Senator John Cornyn also tweeted an article boasting about Texas receiving a whopping $3.3 billion for broadband, more than any other state in the nation.

Representative Nancy Mace on Wednesday hosted a press conference celebrating the law’s allocation of nearly $26 million to a Charleston, South Carolina, regional bus hub featuring electric buses

Republican Rep. Tony Gonzales of Texas claimed in a post on his website in January that he secured $75 million for a creek restoration project in his district that came from the infrastructure bill

Republican Sen. Rick Scott of Florida in January toured a new embankment in the Everglades and tried to take credit for “securing an unprecedented $1 billion for Everglades restoration

Marsha Blackburn celebrated the “progress” on broadband in Tennessee

The beneficiaries included two highway improvement projects in Arkansas, which received about $50 million, drawing public praise from Republican Sens. John Boozman and Tom Cotton.

Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) similarly heralded the roughly $28 million awarded to the cities of Laurel and Meridian for road improvements

Rep. Robert B. Aderholt (R-Ala.), a top appropriator, delighted in the receipt of $1.6 million to replace a bridge in Courtland, Ala

Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.), the chairman of the House’s powerful Transportation Committee, said he was “proud” to share the news that the city of Maryville would receive $1.3 million to repair its portion of a local highway

Now we see why all those above^^^voted against the infrastructure bill.

We all should have voted against it. It was the left's sneaky way to fowrd their agenda and nothing more. The money is going toward Democrat woke policy, not infrastructure....Leave it to you to be cool with it. Bleaters, like you, just bleat.

We all should have voted against it. It was the left's sneaky way to fowrd their agenda and nothing more. The money is going toward Democrat woke policy, not infrastructure....Leave it to you to be cool with it. Bleaters, like you, just bleat.
Yes, we can all see how upset the conservatives are about the infrastructure money. Proven by their praise of what it will do for them. You lying punk idiot.

Yes, we can all see how upset the conservatives are about the infrastructure money. Proven by their praise of what it will do for them. You lying punk idiot.

Are those recent comments or are those from right when it passed?

8eQN.gif

Are those recent comments or are those from right when it passed?

Recent. It was all terrible at first. Now the conidiots are trying to take credit for that terrible bill. You lying idiot.

For years, left-wing groups like the American Civil Liberties Union and activists have argued U.S. cities historically used highway infrastructure to further racist discrimination
There's nothing "left-wing" about this, it is absolutely true. Look, it's the 1950s or early 60s and you are planning an expressway, you going to put it through the rich, white part of town? Fvck no, those people won't allow it and have power. Now, the insidious part is when expressways were plowed through vibrant black commerce areas, or deliberately cut off black communities from the rest of the city. This happened frequently, and it shouldn't be a surprise...that's who and what we were. I-40 in North Nashville is a good example, it was curved north and took out 80% of black owned businesses there.

I'm not sure what we can do to "fix" this. The damage was done long ago.

There's a black man with a black cat
Livin' in a black neighborhood
He's got an interstate runnin' through his front yard
You know he thinks he's got it so good

There's nothing "left-wing" about this, it is absolutely true. Look, it's the 1950s or early 60s and you are planning an expressway, you going to put it through the rich, white part of town? Fvck no, those people won't allow it and have power. Now, the insidious part is when expressways were plowed through vibrant black commerce areas, or deliberately cut off black communities from the rest of the city. This happened frequently, and it shouldn't be a surprise...that's who and what we were. I-40 in North Nashville is a good example, it was curved north and took out 80% of black owned businesses there.

I'm not sure what we can do to "fix" this. The damage was done long ago.

There's a black man with a black cat
Livin' in a black neighborhood
He's got an interstate runnin' through his front yard
You know he thinks he's got it so good
The book, The Power Broker, discusses these occurrences in depth. NY City is where the "central planning" phenomena really began. Yes, mostly Democrat (racist) policy led the way with many of these decisions. The movie, Motherless Brooklyn was based on this interesting biography.

Oddly enough, as a city, Huntington WV made a conscious decision to not build I-64through the heart of the (black) community as was proposed via route 60-8th Ave. Huntington really never recovered from building I-64 around the city.

Yes, mostly Democrat (racist) policy led the way with many of these decisions.
Lol! Damn near everyone was racist then. That's how power works. Democrat, Republican, everyone was down with urban renewal.
Oddly enough, as a city, Huntington WV made a conscious decision to not build I-64through the heart of the (black) community as was proposed via route 60-8th Ave. Huntington really never recovered from building I-64 around the city.
While the Huntington economy may have been harmed by this decision, Huntington is in other ways better off for it. The city is quieter, less polluted, and more esthetically pleasing that if an interstate split it down the middle. The future of Huntington is more dependent on these qualities than the advantages I-64 through the heart of town would bring.

And as I understand, the decision had nothing to do with racial sensiblities/equity/whatever they called it then, but with downtown merchants not wanting it.

Lol! Damn near everyone was racist then. That's how power works. Democrat, Republican, everyone was down with urban renewal.

While the Huntington economy may have been harmed by this decision, Huntington is in other ways better off for it. The city is quieter, less polluted, and more esthetically pleasing that if an interstate split it down the middle. The future of Huntington is more dependent on these qualities than the advantages I-64 through the heart of town would bring.

And as I understand, the decision had nothing to do with racial sensiblities/equity/whatever they called it then, but with downtown merchants not wanting it.

Bottom line? Pedo-Joe is spending billions on something other than infrastructure. He and his gang lied. They are spending our money on things our money wasn't allocated for.

If you paid to have your roof replaced and instead, they used your money to make your neighbor's grass look greener, you'd be pissed. Not so surprisingly, you aren't pissed at Democrat policies, essentially, doing the same.

It's mind-boggling to see you defend these morons who are stealing our money. Yes. STEALING our money, to promote an agenda instead of spending it on what they said they would.

It's mind-boggling to see you defend these morons who are stealing our money.
Please point to where I did any such thing. My reply is to your copy-pasta assertion that only the "left-wing" believes what is actual, undisputed history. That infrastructure decisions were made with race in mind is not "left-wing", it is fact. My only comment on policy today is I am not sure how one fixes the present effects of these particular things that happened 60-70 years ago; please explain your interpretation of this as "defending" any policy today.

I'd say it's mind-boggling that you have the reading comprehension of a second-grader, but it's about what I expect from you.

Now, as I understand it, and please correct me if I am wrong, the Reconnecting Communities initiative is still spending on infrastructure, it's just about doing some projects a certain way. I'm wondering how this is "something other than infrastructure"? Your phrasing implies it will be spent on apple farms or some shit....maybe Black apple farms!

There are some instances in which I do support some "crazy ideas" in infrastructure....but I have to say I never thought "woke" (whatever that means, as Trump himself asked) about it. I supported dismantling I-64 in downtown Louisville and rerouting through traffic via Indiana, because I think that would make for a nicer riverfront. Admittedly, that is a view not in line with the status quo.

Last edited:
Bottom line? Pedo-Joe is spending billions on something other than infrastructure. He and his gang lied. They are spending our money on things our money wasn't allocated for.

If you paid to have your roof replaced and instead, they used your money to make your neighbor's grass look greener, you'd be pissed. Not so surprisingly, you aren't pissed at Democrat policies, essentially, doing the same.

It's mind-boggling to see you defend these morons who are stealing our money. Yes. STEALING our money, to promote an agenda instead of spending it on what they said they would.
You're a lying idiot.

Please point to where I did any such thing. My reply is to your copy-pasta assertion that only the "left-wing" believes what is actual, undisputed history. That infrastructure decisions were made with race in mind is not "left-wing", it is fact. My only comment on policy today is I am not sure how one fixes the present effects of these particular things that happened 60-70 years ago; please explain your interpretation of this as "defending" any policy today.

I'd say it's mind-boggling that you have the reading comprehension of a second-grader, but it's about what I expect from you.

Now, as I understand it, and please correct me if I am wrong, the Reconnecting Communities initiative is still spending on infrastructure, it's just about doing some projects a certain way. I'm wondering how this is "something other than infrastructure"? Your phrasing implies it will be spent on apple farms or some shit....maybe Black apple farms!

There are some instances in which I do support some "crazy ideas" in infrastructure....but I have to say I never thought "woke" (whatever that means, as Trump himself asked) about it. I supported dismantling I-64 in downtown Louisville and rerouting through traffic via Indiana, because I think that would make for a nicer riverfront. Admittedly, that is a view not in line with the status quo.

A Democrat deal and the buck stops at Pedo-Joe. This wouldn't have happened under a Trump administration.

A Democrat deal and the buck stops at Pedo-Joe. This wouldn't have happened under a Trump administration.
You're a lying idiot.
What has not happened under the Biden administration is that he has not incited an insurrection against the U.S. Constitution and he has not attempted to illegally overturn the results of a free and fair election. You stupid punk.

Huntington was dumb. That is why. They also turned down the mall. They put in in Barboursville in a cow pasture next to the highway that the dumbos in Huntington turned down and the rest in history, making the village per capita the richest little town in WV and probably within hundreds of miles in either direction.

It was plain stupid decision making made by the elite downtowners and power brokers who had the money and didn't want competition. Hey they went to Barboursville. Now, look what Huntington turned into.

Last edited:
You're a lying idiot.
What has not happened under the pedo administration is that he has not incited an insurrection against the U.S. Constitution and he has not attempted to illegally overturn the results of a free and fair election. You stupid punk.

Neither has Trump. In fact, we were much safer under the Trump administration. Fact.

You're a lying idiot.
What has not happened under the Biden administration is that he has not incited an insurrection against the U.S. Constitution and he has not attempted to illegally overturn the results of a free and fair election. You stupid punk.
You think Obama was in on the fake Russian collusion story?

Reactions: 30CAT
Neither has Trump. In fact, we were much safer under the Trump administration. Fact.
I don't beleive he was talking about the Trump administration. He has to mean the Obama administration they were the ones who tried to overturn a free and fair election by fabricating the Russian collusion hoax.

Reactions: 30CAT
I don't beleive he was talking about the Trump administration. He has to mean the Obama administration they were the ones who tried to overturn a free and fair election by fabricating the Russian collusion hoax.
Like I said, if there's a conspiracy theory anywhere, you'll find it and believe it. You stupid lying trumptard oath breaker.

You did say it but you are a dumbass so it does not mean a thing, you cocksucker
Like I said, if there's a conspiracy theory anywhere, you'll find it and believe it. You stupid lying trumptard oath breaker loser and sucker.

Huntington was dumb. That is why. They also turned down the mall. They put in in Barboursville in a cow pasture next to the highway that the dumbos in Huntington turned down and the rest in history, making the village per capita the richest little town in WV and probably within hundreds of miles in either direction.

It was plain stupid decision making made by the elite downtowners and power brokers who had the money and didn't want competition. Hey they went to Barboursville. Now, look what Huntington turned into.
As malls are dying, I think this will end up being a wise decision in the future. But yeah, it causes a lot of economic pain for quite a while.

I've noticed a bit of an influx of out of staters into the Allegheny Highlands area of the WV, as well as down around the New River. Huntington needs to find a way to tap into this. I'm sure it's part of what Brad Smith envisions Marshall helping accomplish, what with the emphasis on high tech.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT