ADVERTISEMENT

The "cancer" is baaaaack

TheGreenhouseEffect

Silver Buffalo
Aug 17, 2012
SilverCometTrail
Much like a malignant bastoma the man who has done more harm to the Marshall Football program than the planecrash that killed 75 members Landon posts a new article.

Again he slants numbers per the small box I saw on the other board.

I wonder did he mention Docs bowl wins? Did he mention 3 straight 10 win seasons? Did he mention Doc had to drag us out of the hell that was the Kaye Snide duo of destruction? Did he mention we were playing a young team this year? Did he mention Chase was only a true sophomore? Did he mention we recruited so good our QBs that sits tranfered because they are good enough to play?

I really hate to say this one more time but ....

Chuck Landon you are SHIT!!!!!

Chuckie is a dark hearted, bitter, small man who will never say anything good about anyone associated with MU. It is shameful that the H-D continues to employ him. Of course, current rumors have the man named as "one the 20 biggest losers of Election 16" by the Wall Street Journal for having spent over $3M of his own money to lose a job that pay less than $120K/year by 15 points, just taking the widow Chilton's money and turning the H-D into the Huntington edition of the Gag-zette.

Then maybe Chuckie can just stand out in front of the Henderson Center and scream his rants at whoever walks by.

I just want to know who at the HD thinks its a good idea to use this photo this big on every Landon article.

58082cdc93ec6.image.jpg

Reactions: RedParallax
Much like a malignant bastoma the man who has done more harm to the Marshall Football program than the planecrash that killed 75 members Landon posts a new article.

I wonder did he mention Docs bowl wins? Did he mention 3 straight 10 win seasons? Did he mention Doc had to drag us out of the hell that was the Kaye Snide duo of destruction? Did he mention we were playing a young team this year? Did he mention Chase was only a true sophomore? Did he mention we recruited so good our QBs that sits tranfered because they are good enough to play?

3 10 win seasons and he has 3 losing seasons. SO, I guess they offset.

Not a Landon fan either. However, Im curious about which part of the article you actually disagree with?

I thought the "done more harm than the plane crash" thing trumped the cancer reference.
Great point and I totally agree that was a most insensitive post. Totally over the top and most inappropriate.

I'm guilty of seeing the word "cancer" and being blinded by everything else. Thanks for pointing out a most egregious and insulting reference to the plane crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: herdfam
3 losing seasons too, but two followed Snide Kayo debacle and you saw late 2nd season an improvement.

Sorry 2016 was a crazy year for many programs, and people too, me included. Unexplainable collapses happened with several programs. If Holliday doesn't bowl next season then sure maybe look at making a move , but 3 10 win seasons buys him a mulligan.

I live in Georgia I watched UGA fire Richt with a 9win average last year and Kirby Smart hire isn't looking all that smart now. Meanwhile Richt goes bowling and has Miami back on track.

For the HD to continue employing this idiot makes them look horrible.

I wonder why eerbillys still post here when they have chuck to be their best mouthpiece? Jock talker can you explain? I mean since you refuse to play and now that Trump is in office cross dressing is going out, why not lets just play home and home every year men's hoops and football?

I didn't read the article only the portion posted on another board. As long as CL cancer landon is writing at any newspaper I promsie I will NEVER subscribe. On the day I hear he's fired I will subscribe to the HD.

Great point and I totally agree that was a most insensitive post. Totally over the top and most inappriate.

I'm guilty of seeing the word "cancer" and being blinded by everything else. Thanks for pointing out a most egregious and insulting reference to the plane crash.

Using cancer as a sports reference is far from new. I have heard it for years. And sure cancer is an upsetting and terrible disease. But i feel like this is the PC Police here. Who hasn't been affected by cancer in some way by now? So no, not everyone here who has lost someone to cancer is up in arms because he used cancer as a sports reference. I can disassociate cancer from the lost loved ones and understand the sports reference. This thread is sensationalism at its finest. Comparing Chuck Landon to cancer and saying he did more damage than the plane crash is asinine. How has Landon actually affected MU? He just writes his bitter articles and whines. Does he affect attendance? Not really. Team support? Meh. Is he worthless? Probably. Has he almost destroyed the football team (and community and families) and reduced the team to a freshman team who struggled to win games for years? Uhhh no.

Really this is the problem with all news now. The more absurd or shocking the statement you write, the more people who will click and comment. Stop it.

Reactions: jocktalker
Greenhouse you should know that the three winning seasons are the past. They are history. It is only the present and future that matter. Wins are earned in any current season - not two years ago. My opinion he does not get a mulligan.

Some of you obviously need to look in a mirror - especially the first two posters above.

The photo of Landon - tells you how much the editor of the paper pays attention to the sports department- look like some of the mug shots you see in the paper regarding DUI's

Reactions: herdalicious
I would like to know how many of you that back Hamrick and Doc are personal friends and are you going to pick up the loss in the football program when a lot of us fail to buy season tickets and support the Big Green.

Reactions: Marshallgirl15
I would like to know how many of you that back Hamrick and Doc are personal friends and are you going to pick up the loss in the football program when a lot of us fail to buy season tickets and support the Big Green.

Off topic, but did you used to share a place with a guy named Steve?

New ***rolls eyes***

Indeed, his personal vendetta against Holliday and Hamrick has worn out his welcome.

Please someone needs to fire him so I can read the HD again.

As for donations, yes, I'll probably UP mine by 30% next year. All of our student athletes work hard and football revenues drive the bus, so with less revenues I'll do my part. In fact as we go forth I'll add an extra 5% per negative cancer Landon story until next season starts! LOL I'll probably be paying more than I can afford!!

Fire away again Cancer boy!

Greenhouse you and Sam probably live out of state, do not belong to Big Green, probably did not attend Marshall BUT because of internet anonymity want us to believe you are going to donate, increase, etc. Who cares unless you really want to show us right here on Herd Nation. Otherwise why should anyone care if you plan to increase your donation by 30 percent! To which I say PROVE IT! Otherwise people are right. I believe season ticket sales will drop next year as neither Doc nor Hamrick have the common sense to do the right thing.

Reactions: jocktalker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT