ADVERTISEMENT

The Future...

Sammy doesn't seem to believe in "talking a good game". Just a lot of empty words here:
adf4236ae15c13728f42233dee091772.jpg

images

991944720-stanfordfootballmoment.jpg

images

CB.jpg

Google UConn, or Akron, or FIU, or whoever, and you will find the same sort of ho-ha.

And, BTW, one of those is from Louisville. Which just got curb stomped by the Cats, and is 6-6, guess they need some more magic markers.

you will find the same sort of ho-ha.

And, BTW, one of those is from Louisville. Which just got curb stomped by the Cats, and is 6-6, guess they need some more magic markers.
Did you say the cats....

UniversityofKentucky-3.jpg

Yep. "HO HA" indeed.

Do you ever get tired of getting curb stomped.

Show me where anyone said signs lead to magic outcomes. If anything, most are saying that signs that reinforce mindset, when used in tandem with ACTION lead to positive outcomes. Do you want to compare the rise of Louisville's program over the last 10-12 years to ours or do you want to continue being myopic and look at singular outcomes that fit your narrative?

Reactions: greengeezer
I know that rational thoughts are difficult for a few on this board. However, I have a great idea. Let’s try uniting as a fan base, support the players, the coaching staff and see how that works out in the end. I am sure that any Coach that makes decisions based on fan reaction or comments, will be sitting as a fan sooner than later.

I wasn't the only eye witness to the fight. There have been several on the board that spoke up about it when it occurred. If you know any Huntington or Marshall police officers (and yes the HPD was called - even though the fight was on Marshall property - due to the size of the group) feel free to ask them their account of it. It wasn't 1 or 2 players, we are lucky that there weren't major injuries and fallout. If you can't correlate the complete meltdown of the way the football team performed (for its final 3 games) directly following a public brawl, and connect the dots that they are related - well, that's on you for choosing to be obtuse. It only takes a handful of players (especially when they are starters) to poison the chemistry on a team, especially when the challenge is against the starting QB.
As someone mentioned previously, I don't know why anyone would look to the current players to get the nod on removing the guy that recruited them. Of course they are going to favor the status quo, especially when there is an apparent lack of discipline/structure/favoritism, etc.
Ask any major program why they keep some coaches. They win. P5, G5, anywhere. The difference is some make national news while others are confined to a small message board.

Show me where anyone said signs lead to magic outcomes. If anything, most are saying that signs that reinforce mindset, when used in tandem with ACTION lead to positive outcomes. Do you want to compare the rise of Louisville's program over the last 10-12 years to ours or do you want to continue being myopic and look at singular outcomes that fit your narrative?
Sammy actually knows this. This is just another one of his disingenuous attempts to "compare" the last coach and this one without actually admitting he is slamming the performance of the current. As usual, he is a hypocrite and fraud for lecturing others about making comparisons, when doing the exact same thing.
If you are too slow to pick up on it, E V E R Y team has this sort of crap
But not every team puts those words into actions and lives by those principles. You are a perfect example of why SOME teams remain losers and some teams move to the top. You're the loser Sammy. Do you ever get tired of being curb stomped?

• Haha
Reactions: ru4_mu2
They were picked to win the division by CUSA media, coaches and most pre-season guides. Did not. Underperformed.

The over-under on season wins was 8 1/2. 7. Underperformed.

They were a favorite in four losses. Underperformed.

But, wait a minute. “Underperforming” is 3-9.? You are happy with 7-5? This is OK?

You accept mediocrity
Accept mediocrity? Just as we did with Doc in a vast majority of his years here.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
This is just another one of his disingenuous attempts to "compare" the last coach and this one without actually admitting he is slamming the performance of the current.

Actually, I never mentioned the “previous coach” at all. I just want to discuss this year. YOU reply to every discussion where anything but syncophantic praise of the current team with something that starts with “Doc…”

Not relevant. As stated, Doc could have been the worst coach in the world. Not relevant.
As usual, he is a hypocrite and fraud for lecturing others about making comparisons, when doing the exact same thing.
Actually, making no comparisons. As explained, just trying to talk about this team.
But not every team puts those words into actions and lives by those principles.
OK, thanks for that.

So we don’t need a new OC, a better QB, and for the line to hit the weight room hard all winter.

We need some SIGNS!!!!!

Good to know. I, for one, am willing to chip in for 20 “the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary” and 10 “pain is weakness leaving the body”. I think we can get unlimited “do it for baby dog” for free.

OK, thanks for that.
Anytime. Always glad to help illustrate just how big of an imbecile you seem be.

We need some SIGNS!!!!!

Good to know. I, for one, am willing to chip in for 20
Speaking of childish, immature responses....

I, for one, am willing to chip in for 20
Based on the understanding of principles you demonstrate here, keep your "20". You probably need it worse than anyone else. Besides, haven't you heard? Vinny has already chipped in $1 mil for the new locker room. Keep your 20.

Neither, adults trying to have adult discussions about THIS YEAR’s team, without being interrupted by children who are obsessed with the past.

Sam, in my opinion children do not dwell in the past - they are more concerned with their next feeding and when will mommy let them play with her phone?

Neither, adults trying to have adult discussions about THIS YEAR’s team, without being interrupted by children who are obsessed with the past.
Reading comprehension isn't your thing is it Sammy? I've been talking about THIS YEARs team throughout the thread. Keep trying. You'll catch up.

Reading comprehension isn't your thing is it Sammy? I've been talking about THIS YEARs team throughout the thread. Keep trying. You'll catch up.
You have yet to post one thing about this year’s team, in this or any other thread. Just your obsession with the past.

Grow up.

Who is “we”. You are just an individual troll, obsessed with the past and using it to make excuses for an underperforming year, with your stated intention to continue to do so for many more years to come.

I’m not “mad”. I am disappointed at this underperforming mediocre year.

Reactions: whf2
You'r so creative, can hardly grasp your creativity. Oh well, living in the past is a good place for you, apparently you choose to have Doc on your mind; miss him, do you?
well another poster asked about your "Experience with D1 coaching" and experience is typically in the past so.....

you and Sammy go gargle on.

well another poster asked about your "Experience with D1 coaching" and experience is typically in the past so.....

you and Sammy go gargle on.
Maybe we've found the HuffPuffers (couldn't resist) Don't really want to start that, just thought it was about time someone showed how childish this Doc stuff is.

Maybe we've found the HuffPuffers (couldn't resist) Don't really want to start that, just thought it was about time someone showed how childish this Doc stuff is.
I agree. Grown men gargling another grown mans …….well it’s very unbecoming.

Agree. Can’t we just all agree that Doc being gone is a good thing??

Who is “we”. You are just an individual troll, obsessed with the past and using it to make excuses for an underperforming year, with your stated intention to continue to do so for many more years to come.

I’m not “mad”. I am disappointed at this underperforming mediocre year.
You’re not mad at an underperforming year. You’re celebrating it. Thank goodness you’ll be watching NM St next year. We’ll be watching Marshall in the Sunbelt.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
I love how a middle schooler rants about others posts like his word is gospel. If you don't think Doc lost control and we had/have attitude issues, you just haven't been paying attention. Let's let Huff do his thing. I am totally on board with him. The Docsuckers can whine all they want, he ain't coming back and that's good for Marshall's football program.
This whole, "he lost the team" is BS if he really did, you wouldn't have had the past and current players expressing their disagreement with Doc not being retained.
Same with Huff, he hasn't lost the team and didn't this season.
The arguing and sideline stuff couldn't just be...you know...frustration a team you really hate, is whipping your ass?
wku on the opposite sidelines were talking trash to the crowd and even some coaches were just looking at it and allowing it to happen.
Also, a team with "cancers" managed to win 7 games for a guy who'd never been a head coach in his life.
I love how people in their 70's, who complain about loud rap music and wearing black on uniforms, somehow think they know the culture of a team comprised of 18-23 yr olds.

Speaking of culture, yeah, thats a change and not even limited to the players.
Doc's problem was he felt winning games was more important than fan service. Minus 2016, he mostly did win more games than he lost but he had the personality of a Ficus.
Huff's problem is he's applying fan service over winning games. He's saying all the right things and being completely social/vocal with the fans but has come up short in games MU should have won.
Huff's had 1 season so it's difficult to weigh how much this will continue and honestly he feels he has to make a good impact socially in year 1, understandable. But his change is to make decisions that fans may not agree with but may be what wins MU the game, maybe even not needing to have to explain everything, bench a popular player, move guys around, etc.
This whole, "he lost the team" is BS if he really did, you wouldn't have had the past and current players expressing their disagreement with Doc not being retained.
Same with Huff, he hasn't lost the team and didn't this season.
The arguing and sideline stuff couldn't just be...you know...frustration a team you really hate, is whipping your ass?
wku on the opposite sidelines were talking trash to the crowd and even some coaches were just looking at it and allowing it to happen.
Also, a team with "cancers" managed to win 7 games for a guy who'd never been a head coach in his life.
I love how people in their 70's, who complain about loud rap music and wearing black on uniforms, somehow think they know the culture of a team comprised of 18-23 yr olds.

Speaking of culture, yeah, thats a change and not even limited to the players.
Doc's problem was he felt winning games was more important than fan service. Minus 2016, he mostly did win more games than he lost but he had the personality of a Ficus.
Huff's problem is he's applying fan service over winning games. He's saying all the right things and being completely social/vocal with the fans but has come up short in games MU should have won.
Huff's had 1 season so it's difficult to weigh how much this will continue and honestly he feels he has to make a good impact socially in year 1, understandable. But his change is to make decisions that fans may not agree with but may be what wins MU the game, maybe even not needing to have to explain everything, bench a popular player, move guys around, etc.
Need I remind you that it’s the 70 year olds who are attending the games? Where are the students because they certainly aren’t at the Joan! I was a Sophomore at Marshall when the plane crashed .. Huntington died that day. The Old Folks don’t enjoy the DJ .. the students aren’t there so why play to an empty student section?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I think context is missing. Always thought with Doc vs Huff debate we were sacrificing a possible championship for 2-3 in the future with Huff. I think most expect at least a half a step back or maybe a championship appearance.
We lost several key players including an all American and are now playing a full season. Huff clearly focused on future recruits instead of the transfer; maybe not getting wells a better backup was a mistake but everyone seems pumped on Pete Z and Bebe Pennington so again choices. As a guy who was cool if doc got a 2 yr extension I’m pumped for Huff next years class looks amazing. I am also confident that we will see more herd in the pros. Maybe giving up a year to figure out things will be worth it. Are we only judging championships or how about a full Joan stadium or better atmosphere/attendance. I think the biggest challenge is when we get success. Doc was able to find good replacements when Heater and others left. Can Huff do the same?

I think context is missing. Always thought with Doc vs Huff debate we were sacrificing a possible championship for 2-3 in the future with Huff. I think most expect at least a half a step back or maybe a championship appearance.
We lost several key players including an all American and are now playing a full season. Huff clearly focused on future recruits instead of the transfer; maybe not getting wells a better backup was a mistake but everyone seems pumped on Pete Z and Bebe Pennington so again choices. As a guy who was cool if doc got a 2 yr extension I’m pumped for Huff next years class looks amazing. I am also confident that we will see more herd in the pros. Maybe giving up a year to figure out things will be worth it. Are we only judging championships or how about a full Joan stadium or better atmosphere/attendance. I think the biggest challenge is when we get success. Doc was able to find good replacements when Heater and others left. Can Huff do the same?
Doc should have been dismissed after 2016. He got very stale after that.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Need I remind you that it’s the 70 year olds who are attending the games? Where are the students because they certainly aren’t at the Joan! I was a Sophomore at Marshall when the plane crashed .. Huntington died that day. The Old Folks don’t enjoy the DJ .. the students aren’t there so why play to an empty student section?
What does being a sophomore during the crash have to with this? The 70 yr olds are also against modernizing MU and being something the students want to be a part of.
It was Huff's idea of a DJ, you know, the young and energetic HC of MU football, who came from the best college program in America!?
Oh wait, y'all complain about it. Let me guess, you'll protest about it by not showing up or financially suspending donations (which is a very dumb idea) and yet brag about being so loyal to MU during its absolute worst day ever.
It was year 1 of such an idea, and while he absolutely needs improvement, I'm not going to get rid of the guy.
As Huff said, it takes some time to change the culture of a program, and already you're against it.

Doc should have been dismissed after 2016. He got very stale after that.
That would've been the most confusing thing MU could have done. It would have also not been welcoming to any outsider HC to want to come to MU.
If Doc had 2 or 3 seasons of 3-9 prior, yes, I'd agree.
How many G5 programs can recover after a 3-9 season so quickly anyway?

Reactions: The Real SamC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT