ADVERTISEMENT

The MAC probably had better bands

Kate Branson

Silver Buffalo
Dec 16, 2020
Do these other teams Marshall plays now ever bring their band? That was one thing about the MAC. They would bring their bands in and they had damn good bands. I hope it doesn't make me too queer to like the bands, but I like the bands.

Western Michigan and Toledo brought theirs in. Ohio brought their marching 110.

And I'm currently obsessed for some reason with Bowling Green's fight song. I play youtube videos of it over and over for a while until I think of something else. Just something about it. MAC bands though. I bet C-USA and this Sun Belt probably don't even have bands. They just play something recorded on a little Philco radio and set it on the sideline.

Do these other teams Marshall plays now ever bring their band? That was one thing about the MAC. They would bring their bands in and they had damn good bands. I hope it doesn't make me too queer to like the bands, but I like the bands.

Western Michigan and Toledo brought theirs in. Ohio brought their marching 110.

And I'm currently obsessed for some reason with Bowling Green's fight song. I play youtube videos of it over and over for a while until I think of something else. Just something about it. MAC bands though. I bet C-USA and this Sun Belt probably don't even have bands. They just play something recorded on a little Philco radio and set it on the sideline.
Bands like that are more of midwestern northern thing unless you are talking about the black southern bands which is a whole different ballgame. The big schools have them but, I think the midwestern schools take it much more serious with the marching and all that/. I have seen the southern bands from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, UNC, NC State, Clemson, Va Tech and they don't seem to do as much as the duck walking Russian Army marching thing that Ohio U or Ohio State does. I think the Michigan bands do that as well. The Southern Bands are good don't get me wrong, I just don't think they put as much emphasis on it. The Southern schools are more into the pagentry, dressing up for games, etc.

I only really care about the sound quality. The SEC has great bands. They all sound good except maybe Vanderbilt. They suck at everything, but the rest of them are real good.

I'd almost want to go to a game in every SEC stadium just to get to hear them all, but I can just watch youtube videos. Rocky Top over and over is an obsession I get every now and then. Right now though, still stuck on this Bowling Green.

If I was more familiar with it up there, I'd want to drive up there more. They have this nice water tower I like to stare at and almost wreck the car, and of course it's farther north so it has that great dim sun. But it makes me nervous now. Being this old, I always want to be sure to be as close to Chapman's Mortuary as I can be. Have to work here in Dayton now, but any other time I need to stick around where I came from probably.

I have not been on Pullman for a while. This Kate Branson sounds a little like Walden. Whatever happened to him?

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with liking the bands.

Hey, how have you been? You're the one from Mason County aren't you?

Damn, I really like Mason County. What do you think about Point Pleasant? I have gone to the Family Dollar there the past two Saturdays and then on up to McClintic to chew and spit and take naps in my car.

Anyhow, the people are really friendly in the Point Pleasant Family Dollar. It's a good place to slow down, take it easy, get a pile of cheap junk and go on about whatever you want.

Yea, I have lived in Point since 2018. Before that I was in Springboro, just below Dayton, for 20 plus years.

It's a shame Point Pleasant can't have a good grocery store though really. They've got Piggly Wiggly, but big prices and long waits in line in there. I got some molded fake yogurt in there last year, too.

Everybody goes over the bridge to Wal Mart for much of anything.

Springboro's nice, but crowded as hell just like everything else. That's all right I guess, but I daydream of living in the Friends and Family trailer park down in Gallipolis Ferry and spending most of my days sitting out at the locks waiting for pancreatic cancer to fester.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT