ADVERTISEMENT

The Sun Belt Cheats

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Last week, Arkansas State was losing to FCS Central Arkansas with less than 10 seconds to play. On 3rd down from the seven yard line, Arkansas State attempted a pass in the end zone. As the official right next to the play ruled, it was an incomplete pass . . . and it wasn't even close to being complete.

But, the call was reviewed. The Sun Belt review committee ruled it a touchdown, giving Arkansas State the win.

Judge for yourself. Is this a completed pass for a TD when the receiver didn't even catch the ball?

Then, yesterday, the Sun Belt came out with a statement admitting they messed up. They claimed that they were only looking at the receiver's foot being inbounds and didn't see that the receiver didn't even catch the ball.

• Angry
Reactions: Rye_uns_bald_spot
I saw a story on this yesterday... How do they F that up so bad?.. You can't tell me the review official was so zoomed in on the guys foot that he couldn't see the ball come loose. And it shouldn't have been reviewed to begin with considering the official was in the correct position and less than 10 feet from the play.

We've all seen blown calls, even after review, but that was horrifically poor.

I saw a story on this yesterday... How do they F that up so bad?.. You can't tell me the review official was so zoomed in on the guys foot that he couldn't see the ball come loose. And it shouldn't have been reviewed to begin with considering the official was in the correct position and less than 10 feet from the play.

We've all seen blown calls, even after review, but that was horrifically poor.
The Sun Belt excuse was that the television footage that the reviewer was watching didn't show the ball being dropped. The footage that I posted was not a television broadcast camera.

Regardless, you have a ref just feet away with a great view. Why would you rely on a reviewer with limited views hundreds of miles away when a ref is sitting right there and can easily make that determination? I can understand if it was a difficult/close call. Refs should be willing to have that reviewed. But when it is that obvious of a call, the refs have to take precedence. Almost as bad, the review took about eight minutes of stoppage, and they still fvcked it up that much.

Last edited:
Reactions: RhinoD
It was a td and they won. It’s history now, however it was at the very least negligence and most likely cheating. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT