ADVERTISEMENT

Stats thru yesterday

Well. According to Marshall fans they only care about winning. Fancher started 10-1 and that wasn’t good enough

Stone is 1-1. Terrible sample size right now to determine how he is or isn’t
Grant Wells started 7-0, Litton win 10 games as a freshman. Sometimes teams win in spite of QB play, or early success is quickly killed once opposing coaches have film. Once a weakness is shown as a pattern on tape you are cooked if you can’t correct it.

Grant Wells started 7-0, Litton win 10 games as a freshman. Sometimes teams win in spite of QB play, or early success is quickly killed once opposing coaches have film. Once a weakness is shown as a pattern on tape you are cooked if you can’t correct it.
I have to wonder if Grant had it all to do over again if he'd have bolted for what he thought were greener pastures?

The NCAA has 118 QBs with the minimum attempts to be ranked thru 3 weeks. Stone is ranked 116th, Fancher is 113th. So for the last 3 seasons we have had a starter that is in the bottoms 7 of all FBS QBs.

People wonder why enthusiasm is at historic lows?
Hey, you need to stop with this. We should just be thankful we have a quarterback at all. It is our honor to have a QB. Don't criticize, 116th is actually good!

I have to wonder if Grant had it all to do over again if he'd have bolted for what he thought were greener pastures?
Probably not. Yes he got to play at VT which could be fun, but he went into a mess. I'm not saying he would have been all that much better here, but I feel like overall during the same time span we were a better situation. Would he have led us to a championship? Probably not, but I feel like he would have been better than any of the QBs we've trotted out there as starter since he left.

QB is as much, or more, mental as it is physical. Wells had all the tools, he just couldn’t handle adversity. He was great until he lost, and that first loss was kind of it for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT