ADVERTISEMENT

THIS is CNN+

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
I didn’t quite see the logic behind CNN+ & given what is being reported about its first week, it still doesn’t make sense. If you didn’t know CNN+ premiered this week, that’s just a small part of their problem.

The number of streaming services is getting out of hand.
6ay4e7.jpg

The number of streaming services is getting out of hand.
The business model makes almost no sense. I’m not against paying for a subscription to a news publication, I do for the WSJ. But CNN the channel is free & mostly opinion. Their site - also free. But now they’re introducing a pay wall for content that would barely register on their free site?

My main thing is I don’t like watching news. I want to read it. I hate how instead of articles, half the time I click a link and it takes me to some video package. If I want that I’ll turn on the TV, just give me written articles.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
My main thing is I don’t like watching news. I want to read it. I hate how instead of articles, half the time I click a link and it takes me to some video package. If I want that I’ll turn on the TV, just give me written articles.
This. The only time I want to watch news is when something crazy has happened. The live video from the Japan tsunami, that's something were words did not do it justice.

And anymore, the REALLY GOOD video is streamed online by non-traditional sources. I watched live streams of riots, from right there in the middle of it all.

Warner reportedly spent a quarter billion to launch CNN+.

Granted, CNBC is a rival but they’re not the only ones pointing out their struggle

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT