ADVERTISEMENT

This is Good

Y.A.G Si Ye Nots

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 7, 2010
Home Wrecker
For years, I have blasted the Marshall marketing commercials. The ukulele one was incredibly bad. The main one still on the MU website uses "farther" instead of the correct "further" which I pointed out years ago and is embarrassing for an academic institution. But this one is actually good. Unfortunately, the Marshall website that has it embedded doesn't play it correctly, so you have to watch it on Facebook. It was released last week:

I want to see the version of this ad where she gets rejected, and the rest of the commercial is the whole family just wondering how TF that happened.

Reactions: Marine03
I think the forum should thank our own Aunt Bee for her consistent work in pointing out spelling and grammar errors. I do have to wonder if the New Yorker may have been confused over the words, further and farther, because my hick friends pretty much pronounce both the same. I know the New Yorker has greatly improved my vocabulary, and my friend Sistersville's as well. I also know that I have some grammar misstakes within my reply, but fortunately for me, I've always leaned to the side of not giving a fvck.

Has Marshall ever rejected anyone?
Out of state students with rrrrrreally bad grades, I suppose. If you're a West Virginian with a pulse, they pretty much have to take you.

Same goes for WVU, and all WV state schools for that matter. Its one of the reasons I always find the "my state school is better than yours" arguments to be kinda stupid.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I think the forum should thank our own Aunt Bee for her consistent work in pointing out spelling and grammar errors. I do have to wonder if the New Yorker may have been confused over the words, further and farther, because my hick friends pretty much pronounce both the same. I know the New Yorker has greatly improved my vocabulary, and my friend Sistersville's as well. I also know that I have some grammar misstakes within my reply, but fortunately for me, I've always leaned to the side of not giving a fvck.

I went ahead and liked your post, because it was so bad, I knew only '88 would like it.

But here, let me help your case. This was an ad for Marshall's coaching clinic from last week. At the bottom, it reads " . . . for staff OR 5 or more."

First, numbers under ten (or ten and under depending on the style guide) should be spelled out, but I can forgive that common error. What I have a hard time overlooking is the use of "or" instead of "of," which was what they intended to say. It is simply a case of being lazy/careless and not reading the ad before it was posted. The big things take care of themselves. The details are what separates conference champions from teams that win it once a decade:

WIbTCXY.jpg

Reactions: Fishn8ntEz
But here, let me help your case. This was an ad for Marshall's coaching clinic from last week. At the bottom, it reads " . . . for staff OR 5 or more."
The full sentence reads $20 per person or $15 per person for staff or 5 or more. Perhaps not well written, but I'm reading it to be $20 per person (i.e., non staff), $15 if you're a staff member, OR $15 if you're a non-staff and there's 5 or more of you (as a group). Not sure, but folks on this forum likely are involved with the writing of the ad.

The full sentence reads $20 per person or $15 per person for staff or 5 or more. Perhaps not well written, but I'm reading it to be $20 per person (i.e., non staff), $15 if you're a staff member, OR $15 if you're a non-staff and there's 5 or more of you (as a group). Not sure, but folks on this forum likely are involved with the writing of the ad.

You're worse than Sarah HuckaB.S.

So $20 per individual if you are a coach there without your staff. $15 per individual if you're a staff member (staff member of what, Marshall? You realize this is a COACHES clinic, right? Everyone is a staff member) . . . and $15 if you're a non-staff with at least four others (so a random collection of five people)? Again, you realize this is a coaches clinic, not a "Hey, fans, come hang out and meet the coaches" festival, right?

But you're a deplorable, so you're forgiven. Now, explain to me why this other ad for the same event reads " . . . $15 per person for staff OF 5 or more." They must have realized that your explanation was incredibly stupid, so they decided to change their pricing, right?

uJpHbWY.jpg

You're worse than Sarah HuckaB.S.

So $20 per individual if you are a coach there without your staff. $15 per individual if you're a staff member (staff member of what, Marshall? You realize this is a COACHES clinic, right? Everyone is a staff member) . . . and $15 if you're a non-staff with at least four others (so a random collection of five people)? Again, you realize this is a coaches clinic, not a "Hey, fans, come hang out and meet the coaches" festival, right?

But you're a deplorable, so you're forgiven. Now, explain to me why this other ad for the same event reads " . . . $15 per person for staff OF 5 or more." They must have realized that your explanation was incredibly stupid, so they decided to change their pricing, right?
I didn't read what it was all about, as I said earlier, where I tend to lean. However, I now see that one of the ads had a type-o. Go behead the bastard that placed an 'or' instead of an 'of' There's an email address on that ad. Write him and aunt bee his ass.

Reactions: 19MU88
Go behead the bastard that placed an 'or' instead of an 'of'

It's not worthy of a beheading, Sarah. However, it is indicative of a lack of attention to detail which is pertinent for every single person to do in a program. It's why Southern Miss can have two kick returns of over 30 yards against Marshall by showing a blocking scheme they hadn't shown all year. However, had you paid attention to details, you would have been able to figure out that Scotty Walden was actually the kick return coach for them, and they used the same scheme two years earlier when he was coaching at a D3 school.

There's an email address on that ad. Write him and aunt bee his ass.

Why would I do that? You said folks on this forum are likely involved with the writing of that ad, so they should be able to answer on here without emailing anyone.

I think a beheading is in order. Hell, I spent my lunchtime trying to find four other males willing to pitch in $15.00 apiece to see a bunch of coaches.

I went ahead and liked your post, because it was so bad, I knew only '88 would like it.

First, numbers under ten (or ten and under depending on the style guide) should be spelled out, but I can forgive that common error. What I have a hard time overlooking is the use of "or" instead of "of," which was what they intended to say. It is simply a case of being lazy/careless and not reading the ad before it was posted. The big things take care of themselves. The details are what separates conference champions from teams that win it once a decade:

WIbTCXY.jpg

Got to agree with you on this one! Poor grammar makes Marshall grads or students look foolish!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Very nice video. Using the Legacy as the vehicle was brilliant. The acceptance letter is a bit of a joke since she obviously had a pulse, but that moment is still special for families, even if a formality at MU. Wish they had not filmed the campus/statue shot on a dark grey winter day with no other students around... that looked pretty stark. They could have waited a day or 2 for that scene. But overall, well done.

couple of things.

• Much like other topics you think you "know" you were certainly wrong on that one.
  • it's good to see you still count likes like a middle school girl.

a new communication with another snafu... email went out today for away game tickets and other info to include the Annual Football Cookout... chance to pick up your "seaon tickets" :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT