ADVERTISEMENT

This is what happened to Doc

AllEers6

Bronze Buffalo
Sep 22, 2011
Doc goes for talent over grades and character, and this is the reason WVU fans were always nervous with his coaching. He has to have a balance on the roster of good hard working kids and some at risk players. Lets hope last years recruiting class/props come to school and stick, because right now this is at least a two year rebuild job. And, Doc just signed a new contract so he is not going anywhere.

Doc goes for talent over grades and character, and this is the reason WVU fans were always nervous with his coaching. He has to have a balance on the roster of good hard working kids and some at risk players. Lets hope last years recruiting class/props come to school and stick, because right now this is at least a two year rebuild job. And, Doc just signed a new contract so he is not going anywhere.

Well, Doc 'had' talent...and then he kicked them all off the team.

This season is a reflection of his actual coaching abilities. The sad thing is, they have slightly improved over the past 6 years.

Doc goes for talent?? You are delusional. There is zero talent on this team.

We saw real talent and coaching beat docs ass like a drum last night.
The real talent has been kicked off because of bad grades or poor behavior. The kids kicked off or left had talent but not the other part of being a college athlete. So, yes, no talent because Doc had to show his recruits the door due to poor off field habits.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Geez, How many scholarships do we have to give out this year? 50? Unfortunately, I think the limit is 25. But I guess there's some creativity in grey shirts, etc. Who can provide some insight on this?

If Doc continues to dismiss players from the team every year, then it's time for Doc to answer for all of the poor evaluations of players he made or maybe he could try being a coach and get those players to buy into a program and a history of recent success. You cannot continue to get rid of players. Kicking them off the team is not always the answer. Try coaching them up and give them a purpose and a place of importance. Respect.

A couple DBs, running backs, and WRs wouldn't save this team. ZERO talent at any position. I am not sure I saw a single tackle the 1 st qtr last night.

More importantly some have chosen to transfer out on their own, further demonstrating the real shit show and zero leadership behind the scenes.

Personally, this was my fear the minute Marshall hired WVU guys with no head coaching experience to rebuild our program.

The myth of Docs greatness should never be touted again. Sadly the excuse makers will rule the day.

Reactions: ohio herd
A couple DBs, running backs, and WRs wouldn't save this team. ZERO talent at any position. I am not sure I saw a single tackle the 1 st qtr last night.

More importantly some have chosen to transfer out on their own, further demonstrating the real shit show and zero leadership behind the scenes.

Personally, this was my fear the minute Marshall hired WVU guys with no head coaching experience to rebuild our program.

The myth of Docs greatness should never be touted again. Sadly the excuse makers will rule the day.
I don't think kids are transferring on there own. Doc is kicking them off to poor behavior. Yes, its a big time shit show, and Doc's ego is the cause. He thought he was the up and coming D1 coach in America.

He (doc) does have a bizarre way of utilizing players. Some players get a substantial amount of playing time then appear to go into the dog house for several weeks before doc decides to play them again

I agree, it's always puzzled me as to why that tactic is used. Maybe if we were privy to what happens between games it might make sense.

Deer Eeerbilly poster lurker and troll. Thank you for your comments and interest in the Marshall football program. As I'm certain you are aware many other state residents watch Marshall too and would like very much to see an annual home and home series. As you know every home and home game between the two schools was a sellout and keeps much needed revenue in state. Recently you played AAC 3rd place runner up and Big 12 Champion Oklahoma at home and did NOT sellout. Our thinking on this board is a home and home series between WVU aka MIFART and Marshall would do both schools and the state good. We hope you will lobby for this on your own board IF you ever post there. Thanks again for your comments and Go Herd!

Reactions: The Real SamC
Deer Eeerbilly poster lurker and troll. Thank you for your comments and interest in the Marshall football program. As I'm certain you are aware many other state residents watch Marshall too and would like very much to see an annual home and home series. As you know every home and home game between the two schools was a sellout and keeps much needed revenue in state. Recently you played AAC 3rd place runner up and Big 12 Champion Oklahoma at home and did NOT sellout. Our thinking on this board is a home and home series between WVU aka MIFART and Marshall would do both schools and the state good. We hope you will lobby for this on your own board IF you ever post there. Thanks again for your comments and Go Herd!
That ship has long since sailed.

I have degrees from WVU and Marshall, and agree the teams need to play but that and its not WVU's fault for Docs mess

needs to be a balance in football, some local/regional kids with skill players from the south

You seem to be talking in some kind of social demographic code. Care to explain what makes "skill players from the south" different from skill players from the north. Or east and west.

Reactions: pdbailey
You seem to be talking in some kind of social demographic code. Care to explain what makes "skill (like a lot of northern schools do
Don't build a roster of all florida kids, build part of your team with local/regional kids then go to florida to get your skill positions and speed. A lot of schools do this

Deer Eeerbilly poster lurker and troll. Thank you for your comments and interest in the Marshall football program. As I'm certain you are aware many other state residents watch Marshall too and would like very much to see an annual home and home series. As you know every home and home game between the two schools was a sellout and keeps much needed revenue in state. Recently you played AAC 3rd place runner up and Big 12 Champion Oklahoma at home and did NOT sellout. Our thinking on this board is a home and home series between WVU aka MIFART and Marshall would do both schools and the state good. We hope you will lobby for this on your own board IF you ever post there. Thanks again for your comments and Go Herd

in case you missed it first time eerbilly. let's not get in the weeds with your drunks, shall we? LET'S PLAY BALL!!!

Don't build a roster of all florida kids, build part of your team with local/regional kids then go to florida to get your skill positions and speed. A lot of schools do this
Only about 1/4 of the team is from FL. We actually have a diverse mix of Southern, Atlantic, and Northern states mixed in for our roster. Hell, there recently has been speculation that we aren't recruiting FL enough.

This post is 100% wrong and is an insult to our players as well as Doc.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Greenhouse what's insulting is our coaching staff and team. I for one do not believe this year is an anomaly but a omen of what is yet to come. Hamrick needs to completely rethink how he does contract extensions. If you win the conference or bowl game then yes a financial reward could be justified. Under Hamrick when those things happen it translate to both money and years. Now be honest. Who in the world in college sports wants either Doc or Dan or for that matter Hamrick? Right. No one so cut out the quick extensions. We can't afford it!

This post is 100% wrong and is an insult to our players as well as Doc.
LOL, I didn't say fire him, but have to admit we have major problems. The one thing no one has discussed that once this kids leaving hits the graduation rate calculation you may actually see Marshall losing scholarships. McFly, hello, we have real issues here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT