ADVERTISEMENT

Top TE's in Marshall History

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
I found this a challenge cause so many are really close IMO.

Bartrum
Hoskins
Rader
Kellet
Slate
Doctor
Yurachek

I know I am leaving a few off that were good but cant remember all the names

Last edited:
Lewis walked across the west end of the Cam once cripping from an earlier game and accompanied by two fine looking ladies. After they were seated just in front of me I knew he was feeling little pain as you could smell the liquor from ten feet. Dude was an underestimated receiver and tough for his size.

Eric was a great TE. Came in after Doctor who was also a terror in the secondary. Eric had size and speed. He actually worked personally with many of these other TE's mentioned over the years. I never thought Radar was that impressive.

Reactions: ohio herd
I found this a challenge cause so many are really close IMO.

Bartrum
Hoskins
Rader
Kellet
Slate
Doctor
Yurachek

I know I am leaving a few off that were good but cant remember all the names
Should Germaine Wiggins count? Left with Olandis Gary when Donnan went to U of Georgia. Both had NFL careers. Wiggins played 2 years at Marshall, leading in receptions one year.

Reactions: zz1038
Sean Doctor was probably the best all around athlete (although he was a little short, can't call him small because he was built like a truck). He was drafted by the Bills (his hometown) and played with them for maybe a season before getting hurt. He bounced all over though and played several years in various leagues from WFL to Arena Ball and everything in between.

Doctor to Ihnat to Bartrum covers 1987 to 1992 and was undoubtedly the era of the TE at MU.

It has been great to see it revived with Slate and Hoskins and now Yurachek.

Should Germaine Wiggins count? Left with Olandis Gary when Donnan went to U of Georgia. Both had NFL careers. Wiggins played 2 years at Marshall, leading in receptions one year.
I have no problem having him on the list. Anyone who can make it at the next level is worthy IMO. Guess I forgot him since he left for Georgia

How about Massey? Wasn't he a TE here too.

Also are we talking the modern TE or Gatski Era TE??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT