ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Fires 548 VA Employees

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
The Trump administration has reportedly terminated 548 VA employees, another 200 were suspended, and 33 demoted.

The disciplined parties include “22 senior leaders, more than 70 nurses, 14 police officers, and 25 physicians.”

I'm not sure why you hate veterans, but it will help them in the long run. Why would you be against firing people for misconduct and performance?

because he's an idiot who's never been outside of the tri-state area.

I've worked some with the VA and I know quite a few people who are employed at VA medical centers. Those facilities are chock full of lazy, entitled workers who truly don't care about the patients and draw a paycheck for doing very little.

I'm not sure why you hate veterans, but it will help them in the long run. Why would you be against firing people for misconduct and performance?

No, it won't help them in the long run, unless you can show me those doctors and nurses are being REPLACED. And my dad is a veteran.

Those facilities are chock full of lazy, entitled workers who truly don't care about the patients and draw a paycheck for doing very little.

According to cons, everyone is lazy and feels entitled except themselves, moron.

I didn't say hiring, I said REPLACING.
According to what I've read, between 2013 and 2016, the Veterans healthcare system has added about 10,000 jobs per year. Each year the number of VA patients has increased by about 150,000. If you've got other figures let's see them, but at that rate the number of patients to employees (and they're not all doctors and nurses) is not improving.

According to what I've read, between 2013 and 2016, the Veterans healthcare system has added about 10,000 jobs per year. Each year the number of VA patients has increased by about 150,000. If you've got other figures let's see them, but at that rate the number of patients to employees (and they're not all doctors and nurses) is not improving.

A huge portion of those 150K (if that number is accurate) Vets do not live near any VAMC (myself included). Therefore, they are permitted to seek treatment at civilian health care facilities.

You don't need to be hiring/adding to an already grossly overstaffed organization. Most of those positions in question were redundant positions people within the VA system created to give themselves higher paying jobs for which they weren't even qualified. Again, I witnessed this first hand.

This would be easier for you if you had any background knowledge, but clearly you do not.

A huge portion of those 150K (if that number is accurate) Vets do not live near any VAMC (myself included). Therefore, they are permitted to seek treatment at civilian health care facilities.

You don't need to be hiring/adding to an already grossly overstaffed organization. Most of those positions in question were redundant positions people within the VA system created to give themselves higher paying jobs for which they weren't even qualified. Again, I witnessed this first hand.

This would be easier for you if you had any background knowledge, but clearly you do not.

The disciplined parties include “22 senior leaders, more than 70 nurses, 14 police officers, and 25 physicians.”

If they terminated 25 physicians, that amounts to 2 out of every 100 they'd hired over a 3 year period. If you don't understand that might not help patients in the long run or short, I do, and I don't need to visit the VA to know that.

They are obviously replacing. They have thousands of job openings and fired 500 bad employees. The legislation that is allowing the VA to rid itself of bad employees was supported by both parties and requested by a guy that Obama appointed. You have nothing to be upset about.

If they terminated 25 physicians, that amounts to 2 out of every 100 they'd hired over a 3 year period. If you don't understand that might not help patients in the long run or short, I do, and I don't need to visit the VA to know that.

and clearly you have no idea that nurses and physicians are not always in direct patient care roles. Depending on the organization, nurses and physicians occupy administrative positions in which they aren't always qualified.

Do you have proof these physicians and nurses were working in direct patient care?

If they are doing a shit job then, yes it is a good move.

I would rather have 30 inexperienced, lazy soldiers that feel entitled to help me fight a battle as opposed to 25 of them. Dont be taking 5 of mine until AFTER you replace them.

Extra say you are actually busy with your business. Let's say you hire extra help. That help is terrible and doesn't do their job. Do you keep them?

We're not talking about cabinets, moron. Would you rather have a poor doctor or no doctor?

and clearly you have no idea that nurses and physicians are not always in direct patient care roles. Depending on the organization, nurses and physicians occupy administrative positions in which they aren't always qualified.

Do you have proof these physicians and nurses were working in direct patient care?
ha ha i work for a huge hospital system. So glad to know that the physicians and nurses in management are all unqualified. LOL

They are obviously replacing. They have thousands of job openings and fired 500 bad employees. The legislation that is allowing the VA to rid itself of bad employees was supported by both parties and requested by a guy that Obama appointed. You have nothing to be upset about.

Tomorrow, you and the other cons will be complaining about how long veterans have to wait to see a doctor. Let's fire half the doctors and nurses and surely that will give patients better care and fix the backlog.

No. Do you have proof they weren't doing their job?

Aint that precious. Now use that same Google and see how many more patients the va hospitals are treating year to year.
what does that have to do with a small group of bad workers losing their job? The article shows they are hiring so YOU just proved my point. They have no problem hiring new people. Hiring 500 new workers will not be hard.They may end up needing to hire more but that is a different discussion. I am sure they would love to get a phone call from you since you know more about how to run the VA than they do.

No. Do you have proof they weren't doing their job?
Good doctors are not easy to retain.Like any other proffessional they can be lured away by a better offer. I doubt they would fire any doctor without just cause. And believe me some are better than others.

what does that have to do with a small group of bad workers losing their job? The article shows they are hiring so YOU just proved my point. They have no problem hiring new people. Hiring 500 new workers will not be hard.They may end up needing to hire more but that is a different discussion. I am sure they would love to get a phone call from you since you know more about how to run the VA than they do.

Has anyone said they weren't hiring? No.
Are they REPLACING them. If they don't hire faster than the patient load increases, the ratio of caregivers to patients gets worse. Now go ahead and complain about the backlog and complete the conservative "logic".

Good doctors are not easy to retain.Like any other proffessional they can be lured away by a better offer. I doubt they would fire any doctor without just cause. And believe me some are better than others.

Of course. No one gets fired without good cause, right?

I would rather have 30 inexperienced, lazy soldiers that feel entitled to help me fight a battle as opposed to 25 of them. Dont be taking 5 of mine until AFTER you replace them.
Then, you are an idiot that would get your ass shot off and your men killed.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Tomorrow, you and the other cons will be complaining about how long veterans have to wait to see a doctor. Let's fire half the doctors and nurses and surely that will give patients better care and fix the backlog.
I'm not a con and your argument is so weak that you have resorted to making stuff up. They fired 500 which is a fraction of a percent of their staff, not half. The positions weren't eliminated they just removed the bad employees to make room for someone better.

I know you're already too committed to being outraged by this to back down, but you should probably abandon thread.

Then, you are an idiot that would get your ass shot off and your men killed.

So, you'd rather go into battle with 25 inexperienced, lazy, entitled feeling soldiers rather than 30 inexperienced, lazy, entitled feeling soldiers. That half year of higher education you thought you got really was a delusion.

Has anyone said they weren't hiring? No.
Are they REPLACING them. If they don't hire faster than the patient load increases, the ratio of caregivers to patients gets worse. Now go ahead and complain about the backlog and complete the conservative "logic".
OMG you are beyond help. If they are hiring people they are replacing people. If the hire someone without replacing the guy they hired then maybe they were overstaffed or have decided to wait until they find the right person. Plus when we are talking about an entire system it is normal to be replacing a doctor at any facility at any given time. Happens all the time. Guess what? People aren't left dying in the streets and laying in the hallways.

I'm not a con and your argument is so weak that you have resorted to making stuff up. They fired 500 which is a fraction of a percent of their staff, not half. The positions weren't eliminated they just removed the bad employees to make room for someone better.

I know you're already too committed to being outraged by this to back down, but you should probably abandon thread.

You are a con, my argument is fact, and I've made nothing up.
Let's fire half the doctors and nurses and surely that will give patients better care and fix the backlog
sarcasm, con.

OMG you are beyond help. If they are hiring people they are replacing people. If the hire someone without replacing the guy they hired then maybe they were overstaffed or have decided to wait until they find the right person. Plus when we are talking about an entire system it is normal to be replacing a doctor at any facility at any given time. Happens all the time. Guess what? People aren't left dying in the streets and laying in the hallways.

You're full of malarkey. If you have 100 employees but you need 1500 more, fire 10, hire 5. Did you replace the 10? No. You didn't.

So, you'd rather go into battle with 25 inexperienced, lazy, entitled feeling soldiers rather than 30 inexperienced, lazy, entitled feeling soldiers. That half year of higher education you thought you got really was a delusion.
I said you are an idiot that would get your ass shot off and kill your men. That is pretty self explanatory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT