ADVERTISEMENT

Trump on Columbus Day

Why? What does it matter if your name is on something or not?

Originally, it was for privacy: the same reason I don't use my real name on social media. I can screenshot the number of people who used to write me (and still do when they discover my accounts) for help in music. A few major artists/producers publicly named me for various reasons on their social media, contrary to what Murox claimed, and it led to a million requests and messages. And yes, I can take a couple of hours and sort through all of their social media posts from 6-10 years ago to prove it.

Over the last six years, it has elevated. It's the same reason I don't tell colleagues on coaching staffs, players, etc. about it. They are able to see first-hand that some things don't add up. How is a guy who isn't making anything/turning down money able to drive that and that? How can he live there? How is he able to take all of those young guys to dinner? How does he dress like that? He went where and where on our three weeks off? He let you use his beach condo for your family vacation that was sitting empty?

A high number of coaches I have worked with are extremely cheap . . . not all, but many . . . to the point of being bad people. The coordinator I coached under last year would routinely send the GAs/interns to the grocery store to get snacks. He would give them $10 and send them on their way. Many times, what he requested would cost more than $10, but he wouldn't give them the money to make up for it. Then, he didn't ever consider letting them keep the change even though they used their own car/gas to go to the store. And these are usually young guys who aren't making shit. On our bye Saturday, that same coordinator asked me for a favor. All three of the other defensive coaches (besides the DC) had very young families: one guy had four kids, the oldest of whom was 8 or 9; one had a newborn; one had two children both of whom were under 5, and they were all married. Then, there was me, who didn't have a family, so me doing a favor wouldn't take me away from a family as it would the others. So he asked if I could pick him up at the airport (35 minutes away) since he had to return a rental car there. When I went to pick him up, he was there with his high school aged son which was odd. The DC was allegedly coming back from going to watch a game the night before, so why would his son be with him? In truth, the coach had actually gotten home the night before. However, he didn't return the car at that time, because it would have required either somebody in his family (his wife or teenage son) spending their gas to drive over an hour roundtrip or him taking an Uber. Even though he would be reimbursed a month later for an Uber, he didn't want to be out of that money for a month. So he asked if I would do him a favor and meet him at the airport. Initially, of course, I thought he was just getting back into town, so I didn't have a problem with it. After I realized that he had gotten home the night before, then drove back up to the airport to drop the car off when he went right past it the previous night, and simply didn't want to his wife/son having to spend their own gas to pick him up, I was annoyed. He took me away from over an hour of free time, had no problem using my car/gas, all because he didn't want to use his own gas or be out of his Uber money until he was reimbursed for it.

So when somebody is completely opposite of being a selfish cheap-skate, it is noticed in the industry. Eventually, coaches/players figure it out when they talk to mutual coaching friends or discover my social media.

There is one thing I have noticed a lot (not all) of head coaches hate - that is not having total control of their staff. If a guy needs that paycheck to put food on the table, he is going to accept you mother fvcking him in front of everyone. He is going to keep his mouth shut when you do something unethical. The head coach has him just where he wants him: in his pocket. When a guy doesn't need the paycheck, he isn't scared. That's extremely unsettling to many head coaches, and that's why I keep it quiet as long as I can which includes continuing to not use my real name.

Originally, it was for privacy: the same reason I don't use my real name on social media. I can screenshot the number of people who used to write me (and still do when they discover my accounts) for help in music. A few major artists/producers publicly named me for various reasons on their social media, contrary to what Murox claimed, and it led to a million requests and messages. And yes, I can take a couple of hours and sort through all of their social media posts from 6-10 years ago to prove it.

Over the last six years, it has elevated. It's the same reason I don't tell colleagues on coaching staffs, players, etc. about it. They are able to see first-hand that some things don't add up. How is a guy who isn't making anything/turning down money able to drive that and that? How can he live there? How is he able to take all of those young guys to dinner? How does he dress like that? He went where and where on our three weeks off? He let you use his beach condo for your family vacation that was sitting empty?

A high number of coaches I have worked with are extremely cheap . . . not all, but many . . . to the point of being bad people. The coordinator I coached under last year would routinely send the GAs/interns to the grocery store to get snacks. He would give them $10 and send them on their way. Many times, what he requested would cost more than $10, but he wouldn't give them the money to make up for it. Then, he didn't ever consider letting them keep the change even though they used their own car/gas to go to the store. And these are usually young guys who aren't making shit. On our bye Saturday, that same coordinator asked me for a favor. All three of the other defensive coaches (besides the DC) had very young families: one guy had four kids, the oldest of whom was 8 or 9; one had a newborn; one had two children both of whom were under 5, and they were all married. Then, there was me, who didn't have a family, so me doing a favor wouldn't take me away from a family as it would the others. So he asked if I could pick him up at the airport (35 minutes away) since he had to return a rental car there. When I went to pick him up, he was there with his high school aged son which was odd. The DC was allegedly coming back from going to watch a game the night before, so why would his son be with him? In truth, the coach had actually gotten home the night before. However, he didn't return the car at that time, because it would have required either somebody in his family (his wife or teenage son) spending their gas to drive over an hour roundtrip or him taking an Uber. Even though he would be reimbursed a month later for an Uber, he didn't want to be out of that money for a month. So he asked if I would do him a favor and meet him at the airport. Initially, of course, I thought he was just getting back into town, so I didn't have a problem with it. After I realized that he had gotten home the night before, then drove back up to the airport to drop the car off when he went right past it the previous night, and simply didn't want to his wife/son having to spend their own gas to pick him up, I was annoyed. He took me away from over an hour of free time, had no problem using my car/gas, all because he didn't want to use his own gas or be out of his Uber money until he was reimbursed for it.

So when somebody is completely opposite of being a selfish cheap-skate, it is noticed in the industry. Eventually, coaches/players figure it out when they talk to mutual coaching friends or discover my social media.

There is one thing I have noticed a lot (not all) of head coaches hate - that is not having total control of their staff. If a guy needs that paycheck to put food on the table, he is going to accept you mother fvcking him in front of everyone. He is going to keep his mouth shut when you do something unethical. The head coach has him just where he wants him: in his pocket. When a guy doesn't need the paycheck, he isn't scared. That's extremely unsettling to many head coaches, and that's why I keep it quiet as long as I can which includes continuing to not use my real name.
All total BS. Walden was dead on about you making crap up. You keeping quiet is a joke.

Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT