ADVERTISEMENT

Two stroke penalty

But the first rule I'd throw out is not allowing golfers to wear shorts.

This thread title made me think it was about Greed’s Friday night.

I really liked him in Miracle on 34th Street.
hahaha, Or Papa Smurf or one of the Seven Dwarfs

We were talking about Daly on our recent golf trip. If he had his head screwed on straight he would probably have won a couple more majors and countless other tournaments. The dude had serious game. Not just his driving but his short game was incredible.

Personally, if I had a say he would be in the Hall of Fame for what he did for the game and the average man loving the guy. Grip and Rip it. He was just a common guy, with faults, but he brought a lot of people to the game.

hahaha, Or Papa Smurf or one of the Seven Dwarfs

We were talking about Daly on our recent golf trip. If he had his head screwed on straight he would probably have won a couple more majors and countless other tournaments. The dude had serious game. Not just his driving but his short game was incredible.

Personally, if I had a say he would be in the Hall of Fame for what he did for the game and the average man loving the guy. Grip and Rip it. He was just a common guy, with faults, but he brought a lot of people to the game.
Considering that only 30 golfers have more majors than him in the history of the game, I don't think HOF is out of the question at all. I don't know if Daly totally removed the elitist, country club, image from the game but he certainly brought a market segment that didn't exist 30 years ago. I think it's all the human frailty that makes people like him. He's like everyone else fighting their own demons and makes the game more relevant to the average Joe.

Considering that only 30 golfers have more majors than him in the history of the game, I don't think HOF is out of the question at all. I don't know if Daly totally removed the elitist, country club, image from the game but he certainly brought a market segment that didn't exist 30 years ago. I think it's all the human frailty that makes people like him. He's like everyone else fighting their own demons and makes the game more relevant to the average Joe.
Typically the criteria is 15 wins(total of European, PGA,Japan, Sunshine, Asian, and Australian) and two majors(they also count the Players). Daly would be short, but I agree a guy like him did so much for the game. I would put him in.

Fred Couples got in and really he was technically short but his Presidents Cup captain years got him in. If he is in, Daly should be in. Fred has 15 wins and one major. I believe Daly is at 11 wins but has two majors.

Reactions: GK4Herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT