ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler King

If you knew anything about athletic injuries you would know that athletes and their parents sign waivers giving the medical staff permission to tell coaches about injuries. Either you have no idea what you are talking about with regards to athletic dept or are being intentionally obtuse due to your hatred of doc.

Did you bother to read what I posted? There's no way you did.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Me posting on a message board what I've heard from a couple of people unaffiliated with MU (outside of being alums) is a HIPAA violation?

No, 429 is a moron who thinks he knows everything about HIPPA because he sniffs jocks over in the Shewey.

#RIP to that guy’s beat writing career.

Oh I don't know about that. Everett Withers is 5-26 coaching in the Sun Belt, meanwhile that kid got the scoop (that probably nobody read because Everett Withers is 5-26 coaching in the Sun Belt).

Being shitty at your job is no excuse to get mad at somebody for being good at theirs.

The hippa violation is from the people telling you these things. If they are affiliated with the athletic department

Last edited:
Reactions: johns_1124
It had to come from someone within the program
I said they did NOT get a paycheck from Marshall. I can easily name 5 people that attend practice everyday that fit that description. Since I don't go to practice, there could be more.

I feel like that should be some kind of violation. Maybe not HIPPA but damn

I'm sure, at the very least, it violates Doc's own policy for his staff not to discuss any athlete injuries. The policy could easily include that violation of the ploicy will include corrective action up to and including termination.

Oh I don't know about that. Everett Withers is 5-26 coaching in the Sun Belt, meanwhile that kid got the scoop (that probably nobody read because Everett Withers is 5-26 coaching in the Sun Belt).

Being shitty at your job is no excuse to get mad at somebody for being good at theirs.

He’s 2-26 against FBS schools. 1 of those 2 FBS wins was against a transitional school that wasn’t yet eligible for a bowl game. He’s 1-18 against peer schools (the Sun Belt).

There’s an interesting dynamic going on down there. Most of the fan base are after the AD more than the head coach. At homecoming, they raised funds for a plane with a banner calling for the AD’s head. A former booster caught wind of it and has given a blank check so that the banner flies before and after every game for the rest of the season. Yet another booster - one who had recently given $9 million to athletics - publicly announced immediately after the hire that he wasted money by giving it to Texas State since they made such a bad hire.

And that writer is safe. He works for a huge newspaper and is well like by the players. Withers should be thankful such a large outlet even bothers to give his program any attention considering the far bigger programs down the road.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
THREADJACK: Wouldn't it be awesome if, up three scores at the end of a game we had steadily in hand, Doc let some of the underclassmen get live action reps? In addition to giving them the experience so they aren't peeing down their leg when their number finally gets called, the live play helps keep them engaged in weekly preparation, knowing there is always a chance they'll get to play. Sorry, my mind's all over the place, I have no idea what that might have to do with the OP.

POSTJACK: Ever notice how Marshall seems to struggle to establish any sort of continuity on our roster? Like how when players graduate, we're starting some wet-behind-the-ears true freshman because their upside is higher and the upper-classmen on the roster have no game experience? Sorry, my mind's all over the place, I have no idea what that might have to do with this post.

THREADJACK: Wouldn't it be awesome if, up three scores at the end of a game we had steadily in hand, Doc let some of the underclassmen get live action reps? In addition to giving them the experience so they aren't peeing down their leg when their number finally gets called, the live play helps keep them engaged in weekly preparation, knowing there is always a chance they'll get to play. Sorry, my mind's all over the place, I have no idea what that might have to do with the OP.

POSTJACK: Ever notice how Marshall seems to struggle to establish any sort of continuity on our roster? Like how when players graduate, we're starting some wet-behind-the-ears true freshman because their upside is higher and the upper-classmen on the roster have no game experience? Sorry, my mind's all over the place, I have no idea what that might have to do with this post.

Why does THREADJACK sound slightly ominous while POSTJACK sounds positively delightful?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT