ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler King

I really hope Doc and staff never give any report/update on injuries, before, during or after any football season, just so the stupid people on this board will continue to have something to complain about....

Thank you doc and staff for a great win, continue to do what you do.....!

Hey, fellows, its LESS than 48 hours till the next, stirring, info crammed DOC press conference!! Let the anxiety filled countdown begin!!!!

It took 5 posts before the personal attacks began. Anyone that disagrees is “stupid.”

As a fan I have a keen interest in what is going on with the teams (and their players) I follow. I don’t expect Doc to shoot me an email to bullet point each practice or injury or game plan.

I was genuinely concerned for the young man’s well being. He was carried off of the field at the end of the game, covering his face in either pain or sadness. I felt bad for the kid after having a great season so far.

I was also concerned about the guy from FAU that was taken to the hospital. Thankfully, we got an update on him - he had to have surgery on his leg but is doing well.

My question was a simple one.

It took 5 posts before the personal attacks began. Anyone that disagrees is “stupid.”

As a fan I have a keen interest in what is going on with the teams (and their players) I follow. I don’t expect Doc to shoot me an email to bullet point each practice or injury or game plan.

I was genuinely concerned for the young man’s well being. He was carried off of the field at the end of the game, covering his face in either pain or sadness. I felt bad for the kid after having a great season so far.

I was also concerned about the guy from FAU that was taken to the hospital. Thankfully, we got an update on him - he had to have surgery on his leg but is doing well.

My question was a simple one.

Got no problem with the question .... but why ask the question only to reply to your own question with “ ZERO EXPECTATION ” of hearing a answer from staff... don’t be stupid.!

Last edited:
There is a post on the Herdfans Board saying King was walking around in the locker room after the game. It is a good thing to have a bye week to get all the players healed up and ready for the last stretch. The Herd could still end up in the Championship game.

There is a post on the Herdfans Board saying King was walking around in the locker room after the game. It is a good thing to have a bye week to get all the players healed up and ready for the last stretch. The Herd could still end up in the Championship game.

Thanks. My hope in asking the question was that someone on this board would have some info since we wouldn’t hear from the staff.

Reactions: chuck1069
Thanks. My hope in asking the question was that someone on this board would have some info since we wouldn’t hear from the staff.

Lmao, if it’s not approved from the AD it certainly won’t be approved on this board so don’t bother asking

I'll never forget that year we kept Bobby Petrino in the dark until an hour before kick, thinking Chase Litton was going to play. We wouldn't have done so well in that game had he known going in we were starting a true freshman who wasn't going to be able to throw the ball.

Similarly, opposing coordinators are hating this year, not knowing if Marshall will have our freshman QB with a foot injury (sorry Doc, don't yank my press credentials, I don't have them and it was on TV) or our backup QB with a shoulder injury. When Green comes running out of the tunnel in sweats, I'm sure opposing D-coordinators have to go into hysterics when they realize we can't throw a ball 15 yards down the field. "We spent the whole week telling our players that they had to run fast! What a waste! Damn you Doc!"

Color-Change-1.gif

goherdorgohome2 welcome. Glad you consider yourself a “stupid person” so you might fit in.

Did anyone notice Doc cringe when asked by a sideline reporter what King's injury was? It was hilarious. He looked at her like don't you know you're not supposed to ask questions like that?

I'm just glad Doc mellowed out with old age and decided to let our opponents have the advantage seeing our players' names on the backs of their jerseys and their numbers in a font that is legible from farther away than 15ft.

I’ll be honest, I liked the no names idea.

It is interesting that we know the FAU player broke his leg and had to stay in Huntington for surgery, but we don't even know if King is alive. FAU must be looking at a heck of a HIPPA lawsuit.

This won't apply to you Banker, as I'm sure you already know about HIPPA, but this HIPPA excuse as to why Doc won't discuss injury status cracks me up. The only way Doc or any other employee of the athletic department would know the specifics on any athlete's health issues, is because the athlete told someone. Once the individual discloses his/her health information, there is no guarantee those individuals won't tell someone else. They're not obligated under HIPPA law to not share what the patient already disclosed.

It's not like Doc goes into the exam room with the player, and the physician then discusses the issue/concern in front of Doc (or any other coach for that matter) without the athlete's consent. Doc is not an employee of any healthcare organization which treats any athlete. He can only share info that was already released by the athlete himself, and HIPPA doesn't apply to him. The athlete could later say he asked Doc not to tell anyone, but that's an agreement between the two of them. Doc is not a healthcare worker. HIPPA doesn't apply to him.

He doesn't discuss injury reports, because he is simple-minded and thinks it's either just the right thing to do or it somehow is showing his cards from a strategy standpoint.

Yeah....it’s terrible to promote a “team” concept.

It's moronic and a total PITA for fans to figure out who is doing what. If it were all that effective in promoting a team concept everyone would be doing it, yet the greater majority of teams do not.

This won't apply to you Banker, as I'm sure you already know about HIPPA, but this HIPPA excuse as to why Doc won't discuss injury status cracks me up. The only way Doc or any other employee of the athletic department would know the specifics on any athlete's health issues, is because the athlete told someone. Once the individual discloses his/her health information, there is no guarantee those individuals won't tell someone else. They're not obligated under HIPPA law to not share what the patient already disclosed.

It's not like Doc goes into the exam room with the player, and the physician then discusses the issue/concern in front of Doc (or any other coach for that matter) without the athlete's consent. Doc is not an employee of any healthcare organization which treats any athlete. He can only share info that was already released by the athlete himself, and HIPPA doesn't apply to him. The athlete could later say he asked Doc not to tell anyone, but that's an agreement between the two of them. Doc is not a healthcare worker. HIPPA doesn't apply to him.

He doesn't discuss injury reports, because he is simple-minded and thinks it's either just the right thing to do or it somehow is showing his cards from a strategy standpoint.

I am guessing that every single FBS program makes each athlete sign a HIPPA consent form shortly after they get on campus. It grants the team physician, trainers, etc. permission to discuss their injuries with the entire coaching staff. Most kids are also told to sign one for the NCAA for "research purposes." Every week (sometimes more than once a week) at every FBS school around the country the team trainer(s) meets with the entire staff to discuss every single injury on every single player. If an athlete doesn't sign the waiver, it would cause too much chaos, uncertainty, waste time, and leave people open to litigation. If refused, the kid wouldn't be around the program for very long.

Reactions: mlblack16.

I would delete this post if I were you. You obviously have no idea how hipaa and athletics work.

I would delete this post if I were you. You obviously have no idea how hipaa and athletics work.

You apparently do not understand how HIPPA works. Have you ever worked for a healthcare organization? I have for my entire career.

Support your claims then if you know otherwise.

You apparently do not understand how HIPPA works. Have you ever worked for a healthcare organization? I have for my entire career.

Support your claims then if you know otherwise.
I work in athletic sports medicine and understand how hippa works in that setting with regards to athletes coaches etc

Last edited:
In speaking to someone yesterday that is somewhat close the program, he said that the injury wasn't as bad as first thought. He estimated that he would most likely only miss the USM game. He felt the same about Anderson

Reactions: chuck1069
In speaking to someone yesterday that is somewhat close the program, he said that the injury wasn't as bad as first thought. He estimated that he would most likely only miss the USM game. He felt the same about Anderson
Yep. I’ve had a couple people tell me the injury is bad but not season ending. Meaning no tear or breaks.

I work in athletic sports medicine and understand how hippa works in that setting with regards to athletes coaches etc

If you are a healthcare provider, then you should understand that HIPPA law applies to employees and the "covered entities" which employ them.

Criminal penalties for HIPAA violations are directly applicable to covered entities including:
  • Health plans
  • Health care clearinghouses
  • Health care providers who transmit claims in electronic form
  • Medicare prescription drug card sponsors
Sorry, I don't see redneck coaches from Hurricane, WV as a covered entity.

If Doc or any other jock-sniffer working in the athletic department were to get into trouble, it would likely be the result of violating a policy which was created and enforced by either the University, the NCAA, or both organizations. If you work for a covered entity, then you would be subject to criminal penalties. If you're just an athletic trainer who stretches the athletes out before games, then the government will not go after you, because you got your information as the result of the patient authorizing the release of his personal health information.

Reactions: raleighherdfan

Yep. I’ve had a couple people tell me the injury is bad but not season ending. Meaning no tear or breaks.

And these are more than likely hipaa violations where as the medical staff telling doc what’s going on would not be.

And these are more than likely hipaa violations where as the medical staff telling doc what’s going on would not be.

If the medical staff discusses information from his chart without his consent, then the medical staff and the covered entity are violating HIPPA. The people out in the community can technically discuss it all they want.

If you are a healthcare provider, then you should understand that HIPPA law applies to employees and the "covered entities" which employ them.

Criminal penalties for HIPAA violations are directly applicable to covered entities including:
  • Health plans
  • Health care clearinghouses
  • Health care providers who transmit claims in electronic form
  • Medicare prescription drug card sponsors
Sorry, I don't see redneck coaches from Hurricane, WV as a covered entity.

If Doc or any other jock-sniffer working in the athletic department were to get into trouble, it would likely be the result of violating a policy which was created and enforced by either the University, the NCAA, or both organizations. If you work for a covered entity, then you would be subject to criminal penalties. If you're just an athletic trainer who stretches the athletes out before games, then the government will not go after you, because you got your information as the result of the patient authorizing the release of his personal health information.
If you knew anything about athletic injuries you would know that athletes and their parents sign waivers giving the medical staff permission to tell coaches about injuries. Either you have no idea what you are talking about with regards to athletic dept or are being intentionally obtuse due to your hatred of doc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT