ADVERTISEMENT

UCF QB not playing:

….."Unreasonable" in the dictionary has Marine03's picture beside it. Pay no attention to that man - plenty of folks over here don't like UCF (me included), but respect the hell out of what y'all have accomplished...……….it's kinda like the last scene in "Officer and a Gentleman" - You guys are Paula and we're the dumb blonde......
Yep, they really built good facilities and a good program with all that money they brought in from charging high student fees. We could do the same but it would only bring in about one-third of the amount UCF bring in with it.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
That's now what I am saying. I am just clarifying that UCF didn't really out recruit him from Georgia. The kid saw that he wasn't good enough to play there anytime soon compared with their superior talent.

LOL, the kid had scholarship offers from both USC and Georgia....who aren't giving out pity offers, he just showed how smart he was to go to a college with more opportunity than let his ego to compete get the best of him. Lest anyone forgets, he was the Walter Camp national player of the week after just his 2nd start. USC started 4 QBs this year.....he could have been one of them.

Reactions: JAFFX2
LOL, the kid had scholarship offers from both USC and Georgia....who aren't giving out pity offers, he just showed how smart he was to go to a college with more opportunity than let his ego to compete get the best of him. Lest anyone forgets, he was the Walter Camp national player of the week after just his 2nd start. USC started 4 QBs this year.....he could have been one of them.

Not only is your post factually wrong, but it is also extremely misleading.

First, USC started three QBs this season, not four like you claimed.

Worse, your post attempts to make it look like USC started a lot of QBs due to not having a good one. You claimed that since USC started four QBs (wrong), he could have been one of them. The problem is that he wouldn't have had any reason to think that USC would have their top two QBs go down.

In reality, USC has two really good QBs. However, their starting QB (Daniels) was injured for the season in the very first game of the year, and then their backup also was injured for many weeks. Their starter threw for 2700 yards last year as a freshman while not playing in all of the games. In other words, the UCF kid saw the writing on the wall and knew the guy ahead of him had three years left. Then, on top of Daniels having another three years of eligibility, the backup was highly touted. In fact, he threw for nearly 3300 yards this year at a 72% completion percentage with 28 TDs and 9 INTs. In other words, the UCF kid saw the writing on the ceiling. Then, USC had a third-string QB who had seen game action the previous two years. In other words, the UCF kid saw the writing on the floor.

The kid knew he wasn't good enough to unseat multiple QBs that were better than him at both Georgia and USC, so he took the easy way out. In other words, UCF didn't out recruit him over those schools as much as the kid realized he wasn't good enough to see the field at those schools.

Reactions: johns1124
The FACT is Gabriel had legit offers from Georgia and USC and decided to come to UCF.....So yes, UCF out recruited both schools. And saying he had no chance to play at the other schools during his 4-5 years is just stupid.....again, Walter Camp national player of the week....

The FACT is Gabriel had legit offers from Georgia and USC and decided to come to UCF.....So yes, UCF out recruited both schools.

No, that’s not how it works. He isn’t out recruited if he realized that he wasn’t good enough to see the field at a school and was being signed as just a down the depth chart guy.

If UVA offers a kid and tells him that he’s going to have to work hard for a redshirt year, then work hard for two more years, then may see the field in year four, is he out recruited if he signs at Marshall because he knows he can play immediately? No.

Just how much of a priority do you think this down the chart guy was for Georgia and USC? Do you realize he was committed to Army, a team that doesn’t even throw the ball, before UCF? Do you realize the kid has barely any offers other than those schools mentioned? Usually, a kid who has offers from Georgia and USC also has about 35 more offers from both a ton of FBS and a ton of FCS. This kid has eight between both divisions. There’s a reason for that.

And saying he had no chance to play at the other schools during his 4-5 years is just stupid.....

That’s not what I said. Don’t say things are stupid when you can’t read.

Again, Walter Camp national player of the week....

You keep me timing that as if it’s some unbelievable honor or verification that a player is a stud.
You realize that he wasn’t the only freshman QB to receive that honor this year, right? You realize a Buffalo running back received it this year, right? You realize that a Memphis senior receiver who had 32 receptions ALL YEAR received it, right?

I guess since a senior who has 38 career receptions received it, it somehow means he is a stud destined for greatness . . . after all 38 of his career receptions.

The kid knew he wasn't good enough to unseat multiple QBs that were better than him at both Georgia and USC, so he took the easy way out. In other words, UCF didn't out recruit him over those schools as much as the kid realized he wasn't good enough to see the field at those schools.

You are ignoring the facts here Spanky.........He beat out the ND Grad transfer, along with our at the time backup who set multiple records in the AAC conference championship last year.....When he committed to UCF over USC and GA, the odds of him winning the starting job over the other 3 QBs on the roster were in no way better at UCF. The fact is it had zero to do with his decision..........Newsflash he played at the same HS as Mckenzie Milton who actually played a significant role in recruiting him to UCF. Regardless of how they did it UCF out recruited USC and GA..........

Reactions: 19MU88
You are ignoring the facts here Spanky.........He beat out the ND Grad transfer,

You realize how bad of a QB Wimbush is, right? This is a kid who had a career completion percentage of 50% at Notre Dame and threw 4 TDs and 6 INTs last year for Notre Dame. Beating out Wimbush is a given as long as you can throw the ball to your team more than the other team.

along with our at the time backup who set multiple records in the AAC conference championship last year.....

He beat out the kid who had a career completion percentage of 51%? Well, I guess that's a slight improvement over beating out the guy who had a career completion percentage of 50%.

When he committed to UCF over USC and GA, the odds of him winning the starting job over the other 3 QBs on the roster were in no way better at UCF.

Are all UCF fans as dumb as you? If not, you're being a poor representative of them.

Let's compare the QBs at each school when he made his decision:

Georgia:

Jake Fromm: He had just finished a year in which he completed 67% of his passes for 2800 yards with 30 TDs and only 6 INTs while leading his team to an 11-1 record in the regular season . . . as a sophomore. In other words, he was an absolute stud for one of the best teams in the country and still had two years of eligibility remaining.

Justin Fields: The backup had just finished his freshman season in which he actually had a higher QB rating than the starter, albeit in limited action. He completed 69% of his passes for 4 TDs and 0 INTs . . . oh, and he just happened to be the top ranked QB in the country the previous year coming out of high school.

In other words, he had one of the top QBs in the country who still had two years of eligibility remaining and had the best QB in the country just a year earlier in high school who had three years left.

USC:

USC had JT Daniels who completed 60% of his passes as a freshman when he wasn't supposed to ever start. He threw for 2700 yards and was a five-star recruit with offers from Alabama, USC, LSU, Michigan, Texas A&M, Miami, Notre Dame, Washington, Wisconsin, Washington State, Arizona State, Cal, Stanford, UCLA, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Colorado, and more. In other words, just about everyone wanted the kid, and he proved them right by putting up good numbers as a fill-in starter.

UCF:

UCF had a Notre Dame transfer who was the backup QB at Notre Dame. His numbers at ND were awful, as I listed before. And it was his last year of eligibility, so even if Gabriel didn't beat him out, he would still have had four years to play after Wimbush left after this season. UCF also had a backup QB who completed 51% of his passes the previous year and had a good conference championship game.

Now, by all means, tell us which of the three schools had a far inferior roster at the QB position. To say that Gabriel had as good of a chance at starting at those other schools this year compared with UCF makes you the board moron of the week.

Reactions: johns1124
You realize how bad of a QB Wimbush is, right? This is a kid who had a career completion percentage of 50% at Notre Dame and threw 4 TDs and 6 INTs last year for Notre Dame. Beating out Wimbush is a given as long as you can throw the ball to your team more than the other team.

He beat out the kid who had a career completion percentage of 51%? Well, I guess that's a slight improvement over beating out the guy who had a career completion percentage of 50%.

Are all UCF fans as dumb as you? If not, you're being a poor representative of them.

Let's compare the QBs at each school when he made his decision:

Georgia:

Jake Fromm: He had just finished a year in which he completed 67% of his passes for 2800 yards with 30 TDs and only 6 INTs while leading his team to an 11-1 record in the regular season . . . as a sophomore. In other words, he was an absolute stud for one of the best teams in the country and still had two years of eligibility remaining.

Justin Fields: The backup had just finished his freshman season in which he actually had a higher QB rating than the starter, albeit in limited action. He completed 69% of his passes for 4 TDs and 0 INTs . . . oh, and he just happened to be the top ranked QB in the country the previous year coming out of high school.

In other words, he had one of the top QBs in the country who still had two years of eligibility remaining and had the best QB in the country just a year earlier in high school who had three years left.

USC:

USC had JT Daniels who completed 60% of his passes as a freshman when he wasn't supposed to ever start. He threw for 2700 yards and was a five-star recruit with offers from Alabama, USC, LSU, Michigan, Texas A&M, Miami, Notre Dame, Washington, Wisconsin, Washington State, Arizona State, Cal, Stanford, UCLA, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Colorado, and more. In other words, just about everyone wanted the kid, and he proved them right by putting up good numbers as a fill-in starter.

UCF:

UCF had a Notre Dame transfer who was the backup QB at Notre Dame. His numbers at ND were awful, as I listed before. And it was his last year of eligibility, so even if Gabriel didn't beat him out, he would still have had four years to play after Wimbush left after this season. UCF also had a backup QB who completed 51% of his passes the previous year and had a good conference championship game.

Now, by all means, tell us which of the three schools had a far inferior roster at the QB position. To say that Gabriel had as good of a chance at starting at those other schools this year compared with UCF makes you the board moron of the week.

You sure do talk a lot about UCF without knowing a few key facts. Such as, Wimbush was never in line to start. Our starting QB was Mack Jr who is an incredible talent and won an AAC title game last year. He hurt his ankle just before the season and missed a lot of the season, giving Gabriel a path to play.

Once he did play it was undeniable what an incredible talent he was.

But if Mack isn’t hurt he probably starts and it’s not a given that Gabriel would have started every game as he did.

You sure do talk a lot about UCF without knowing a few key facts. Such as, Wimbush was never in line to start. Our starting QB was Mack Jr who is an incredible talent and won an AAC title game last year. He hurt his ankle just before the season and missed a lot of the season, giving Gabriel a path to play.

Once he did play it was undeniable what an incredible talent he was.

But if Mack isn’t hurt he probably starts and it’s not a given that Gabriel would have started every game as he did.

There’s the answer that I was looking for. Jaff isn’t an anomaly in UCF fandom - the majority of you are morons.

I never said Wimbush was anointed as the starter. Jaff said that the path to play at Georgia and USC was no harder than the path to play at UCF. As a result, it’s logical and wise to look at the top couple of QBs at each of those schools to see which schools, if any, had a more established QB depth chart and which would be harder to break. As a result, I discussed both Wimbush and Mack since they were the top two QBs at UCF when Gabriel committed.

Try reading better.

Yep, when other programs were doing God knows what,

I know a guy that played basketball for a certain power program, he didn't have a pot to piss in out of high school but he suddenly had a new Infiniti when he got to college.

$17 bucks an hour for 8 hours a week...that isn't even middle-class cheating, it's like ghetto cheating.

Reactions: mlblack16.
There’s the answer that I was looking for. Jaff isn’t an anomaly in UCF fandom - the majority of you are morons.

I never said Wimbush was anointed as the starter. Jaff said that the path to play at Georgia and USC was no harder than the path to play at UCF. As a result, it’s logical and wise to look at the top couple of QBs at each of those schools to see which schools, if any, had a more established QB depth chart and which would be harder to break. As a result, I discussed both Wimbush and Mack since they were the top two QBs at UCF when Gabriel committed.

Try reading better.

You are a salty, arrogant, misinformed douche.........maybe it is just because your team is irrelevant in one of the crappiest if not the THE crappiest FBS conference in the country..........would it be a moral victory if you cover the 18 point spread?

;)

You are a salty, arrogant, misinformed douche.........

Tell me where I am misinformed. Everything I said has been accurate including the part about you being a moron.

Aren’t you the idiot who said Gabriel’s road to playing time was the same at UCF as it was at Georgia and USC? Moron.

maybe it is just because your team is irrelevant in one of the crappiest if not the THE crappiest FBS conference in the country.........

Over the last three seasons, it’s definitely the crappiest conference. It’s not “one of” - it is “the.” But that has nothing to do with me being salty. I just enjoy mocking morons like you who say stupid shit.

Tell me where I am misinformed. Everything I said has been accurate including the part about you being a moron.

Aren’t you the idiot who said Gabriel’s road to playing time was the same at UCF as it was at Georgia and USC? Moron.

Over the last three seasons, it’s definitely the crappiest conference. It’s not “one of” - it is “the.” But that has nothing to do with me being salty. I just enjoy mocking morons like you who say stupid shit.

You talk with authority as if you have insight into all of the underlying considerations but in reality you are speculating and making assumptions as to what really happened during his recruitment and what was important to him in making his decision......the only thing worse than being arrogant is being both arrogant and ignorant at the same time and apparently you hit the daily double..........

Im done with you now.........

When he committed to UCF over USC and GA, the odds of him winning the starting job over the other 3 QBs on the roster were in no way better at UCF

Yea... I'm not sure about that, Jake Fromm is fairly good! Now Daniels he is a whiny little b1tch!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT