ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PICK THE SCORE THREAD UNT

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
I will say:
We shock even our most negative fan & come out on fire. UNT has a slow-start problem, and the Herd takes full advantage:

MU 38
Mean Green 24

Reactions: ru4_mu2
I said it last week... I will say it again... Eventually, there has to be a game where everything clicks (even if just for one week). We have traditionally sucked in Texas, but who knows maybe this is it.

Marshall - 40
North Texas - 31

If we can just stop shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties and turnovers we could be putting up 40 a game. Easily.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Ciucci hits a 34 yarder with under a minute to go to pull one out for The Herd, 20-17. Defense is steady, but offense struggles to score in a state where we always struggle.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Ciucci hits a 34 yarder with under a minute to go to pull one out for The Herd, 20-17. Defense is steady, but offense struggles to score in a state where we always struggle.
I'm not ready to buy into the defense just yet. They've gotten "better" in the last two games which is against two bad teams. In both games they had bad teams in 3rd and really longs and surrendered big runs for conversions. I know the point totals were low, but how are they going to look against the better QBs of the conference?

Down 21-17 with 1:05 to go NT QB throws to a player in Green for a touchdown. Only problem was that it was to a Herd player in green who runs it back for a TD to seel the deal.
Marshall 28
NT 17

Reactions: TNherdfan
I'm not ready to buy into the defense just yet. They've gotten "better" in the last two games which is against two bad teams. In both games they had bad teams in 3rd and really longs and surrendered big runs for conversions. I know the point totals were low, but how are they going to look against the better QBs of the conference?
You need to look at the defenses stats for the season, pass defense is the least suspect area of our D by the numbers.

You need to look at the defenses stats for the season, pass defense is the least suspect area of our D by the numbers.
We've played one pretty good QB, a decent one and below average to bad QBs. Playing NAVY really padded the stats.

Playing NAVY (130th), NCC (FCS), MTSU (60th), and ODU (117th) helps a lot.

Reactions: IslandHerd1
My prediction…Wells plays like crap for 45 minutes looks average for 10 and like Tom Brady for 5.

This is why stats can be garbage... We played Navy, who never throws, and MTSU with their backup QB, in a monsoon.

The stats also don't account for how many pass interference and defensive holding infractions we have committed in the secondary, many of those at critical times. Which we all know is a huge problem.

My prediction…Wells plays like crap for 45 minutes looks average for 10 and like Tom Brady for 5.
Are the WRs going to stay up right, run the right routes, not drop passes that hit them in their hands, and not run sideways and backwards after the catch?

We'd torch everyone on our schedule if our WRs secured passes, ran the intended routes, and actually turned up field after the catch.

Will Xavier Gaines actually have a game where he doesn't quit running in his routes and only show up for like 2 plays?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT