ADVERTISEMENT

US Troops To Israel?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
There are some reports coming across the wire the USA is prepared to send as many as 2,000 troops to Israel. The wording that I have seen is non infantry troops(of course there are other combat elements besides infantry). The wording is assist, advised, support, medical support.

I am not calling this one way or the other, but I have seen the reports coming out of Wall Street Journal and a couple of other places.

I would stay tuned to this. Not so sure on it. But, some of the platforms reproting this are pretty credible.

To scare off Hezbollah maybe? In terms of military might there is no comparison between Israel and Hamas, so if the conflict remains confined to just that it isn’t like Israel would need any help from us.

Edit: not that they’d need a lot with Hezbollah either

There are some reports coming across the wire the USA is prepared to send as many as 2,000 troops to Israel. The wording that I have seen is non infantry troops(of course there are other combat elements besides infantry). The wording is assist, advised, support, medical support.

I am not calling this one way or the other, but I have seen the reports coming out of Wall Street Journal and a couple of other places.

I would stay tuned to this. Not so sure on it. But, some of the platforms reproting this are pretty credible.
We tend to send hospital units abroad frequently. You can bet that US special forces are on the ground already in Gaza probably

We tend to send hospital units abroad frequently. You can bet that US special forces are on the ground already in Gaza probably
That would make sense. Gaza is already a humanitarian disaster and it’s getting worse by the hour.

To scare off Hezbollah maybe? In terms of military might there is no comparison between Israel and Hamas, so if the conflict remains confined to just that it isn’t like Israel would need any help from us.

Edit: not that they’d need a lot with Hezbollah either
Pay the 6 billion to Jordan instead of releasing to Iran and move the Gazans and West Bank folk to reunite with their fellow Jordanians that they’ve been seperated from and left floating in limbo

Yeah let’s just forcibly move 5 million people and cause Jordan’s population to immediately jump up 50%, that’ll be easy.

According to multiple outlets, our State Department issued very strict talking points to our diplomats - any talk of de-escalation is forbidden. We have a second carrier strike group in the region. The 101st got re-routed from Europe to the region. It's certainly looking like we're sending in troops.

It has to be a deterrent force to keep anybody from coming to Hamas’ aid. Israel is going to be able to blow up as much of Gaza as they please without any help.

It has to be a deterrent force to keep anybody from coming to Hamas’ aid. Israel is going to be able to blow up as much of Gaza as they please without any help.
Very possible. A lot of countries who were making threats if Israel retaliated have backed off their rhetoric. Of course, that could just mean they're going to fund Hamas through secretive channels. I really, really hope we don't have to engage.

Just so people are aware. Those US troops would become targets..

We are entering a very dangerous situation.

There's been a lot more air traffic in and out of Pope (am I allowed to use that name) over the last week.

Yeah let’s just forcibly move 5 million people and cause Jordan’s population to immediately jump up 50%, that’ll be easy.
Hence the 6 billion payment. To take the edge off. The gazans and West Bankers are the Remnants of those trapped in Israel from the 1967 war. Leaving the Trans Jordanians in Israel doesn’t benefit either side. There isn’t going to be a Palestine and leaving those folks in there doesn’t give them much opportunity for success being in conclaves like that.

This should have all been expected when they cheated to elect a weak, frail, mush-brained president. Trump warned everybody about what would happen. Herdman and I even warned everybody on this forum multiple times starting well before the 2020 election.

If you voted for mush, then shame on you.

Polls show 62% of mush voters won't make that same mistake. The other 38% must be people like greed.

Hence the 6 billion payment. To take the edge off. The gazans and West Bankers are the Remnants of those trapped in Israel from the 1967 war. Leaving the Trans Jordanians in Israel doesn’t benefit either side. There isn’t going to be a Palestine and leaving those folks in there doesn’t give them much opportunity for success being in conclaves like that.
Something tells me the going rate for taking in reluctant refugees by the million is a bit north of $1200 a head.

Shipping 5 million people to Jordan is not a serious proposition. Maybe Israel should stop being an apartheid state?

This should have all been expected when they cheated to elect a weak, frail, mush-brained president. Trump warned everybody about what would happen. Herdman and I even warned everybody on this forum multiple times starting well before the 2020 election.

If you voted for mush, then shame on you.

Polls show 62% of mush voters won't make that same mistake. The other 38% must be people like greed.
You're a lying idiot.

Something tells me the going rate for taking in reluctant refugees by the million is a bit north of $1200 a head.

Shipping 5 million people to Jordan is not a serious proposition. Maybe Israel should stop being an apartheid state?
wouldn't matter, terrorist, groups like Hamas and others would still fight them.

Palestinians do not want to become Israelis, and there is no country of Palestine for them to be in. That’s why they should go to Jordan. Their prospects are far greater there and they can throw gays off of roofs there. They won’t be allowed to do that in Israel. Jerusalem should be and remain and international jurisdiction.

wouldn't matter, terrorist, groups like Hamas and others would still fight them.
Hamas would have much fewer resources if Israel wasn’t spending so much time radicalizing Palestinians by killing them, blowing up their houses, playing games with their water, etc.

Hamas would also have fewer resources if Netanyahu would stop supporting other countries giving money to Hamas as part of a “keep the Palestinians from uniting” campaign.

Hamas would have much fewer resources if Israel wasn’t spending so much time radicalizing Palestinians by killing them, blowing up their houses, playing games with their water, etc.

Hamas would also have fewer resources if Netanyahu would stop supporting other countries giving money to Hamas as part of a “keep the Palestinians from uniting” campaign.
disagree. you have a group of people who would eliminate every Jew if they could. If Israel had no weapons they would be slaughtered by Hamas and other groups.

In fact, Israel would take better care of the Palestians that Hamas would.

disagree. you have a group of people who would eliminate every Jew if they could. If Israel had no weapons they would be slaughtered by Hamas and other groups.

In fact, Israel would take better care of the Palestians that Hamas would.
What do we disagree about?

That Hamas and others would stop fighting Israel. Hell, you have to follow it back to Iran and some others.
I don’t think Hamas will ever stop fighting Israel. Hamas != Palestinians

I think Hamas would be much less capable of doing so if Israel didn’t encourage other countries to give them (Hamas) money, and if Israel didn’t radicalize Palestinians by doing what they do to Gaza.

I don’t think Hamas will ever stop fighting Israel. Hamas != Palestinians

I think Hamas would be much less capable of doing so if Israel didn’t encourage other countries to give them (Hamas) money, and if Israel didn’t radicalize Palestinians by doing what they do to Gaza.
If you take the Palestinians out of Gaza and put them in Jordan there wouldn’t be anything to fight about.

Damn, look at hokie spouting out the Jew hate. I've said it before, but liberals are the true Nazi sympathizers. At least greed now has someone that thinks like him.
Just for fun, what that I’ve posted would you consider to be Jew hate?

The world decided that matter. Israel is a country.
70% of the UN says Palestine is a country. At the end of the day, though, what matters is who has the bigger stick and who has the bigger friends, and that is still Israel.

But are you saying that you consider relocating 5 million Palestinians to a country with a population of 11 million people to be a workable solution?

Just for fun, what that I’ve posted would you consider to be Jew hate?
It's a tactic right out of the greed play book. Openly support one side, talk about how bad the things the other side is doing, and then claim you're not against that particular side. So far though, you're only defending Hamas. If by chance you start defending Iran, China, and Russia, then you'll reach greed status.

70% of the UN says Palestine is a country. At the end of the day, though, what matters is who has the bigger stick and who has the bigger friends, and that is still Israel.

But are you saying that you consider relocating 5 million Palestinians to a country with a population of 11 million people to be a workable solution?
I think they need to get out of the way right now and let Israel do what they are going to do.

Or, clean house themselves which they are not going to do

Or, be part of a productive country or region with Israel. They are not going to do.

So, unfortunately the solution is to settle it on the battlefield.

At this point I am for letting Israel destroy whoever is in their way or threat.

The downside to that is we are inching closer to being involved.

It's a tactic right out of the greed play book. Openly support one side, talk about how bad the things the other side is doing, and then claim you're not against that particular side. So far though, you're only defending Hamas. If by chance you start defending Iran, China, and Russia, then you'll reach greed status.
Recognizing the reasons Hamas is able to do what they do is not defending them.

Hamas are monsters. Hamas regularly uses tactics to ensure the greatest possible loss of Palestinian lives to drum up support from other Arab countries. If Hamas could be wiped off the face of the earth it would be a better place.

Gaza would have more resources if Hamas didn’t turn water pipes into missile launchers. Gaza would have more resources and more kids if Hamas didn’t brainwash and recruit families to “martyr” their children as suicide bombers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT