ADVERTISEMENT

Very classy WVU

Yet another Eerbilly bowl loss. Ho hum, another one. Whooooooo careeeeeesssss?

Let's play ball! Home and home , men's hoops and football starting 2017!

Keep much needed revenue in state and create a great new rivalry!
JJ has more important things to do with the state in near financial collapse than force Shane Lyons and Mike Hamrick to the table.

WTF?
WVU_69.jpg

Hoppy and Tony were crying on their show this morning. You would have though there was a death in the family. After his meltdown, they are all starting to realize they made a mistake in extending ole Holgieson's contract. Best thing that could have happened for us!

On a more serious note, the Mountaineers did have a death in the family when Billy Noel, Jerry West's nephew and one of their strongest supporters ever, passed away of cancer, after a quick, four-month on illness, on Dec. 17. Bill, his dad Jack and I worked on the railroad together; we attended many ball games in both Morgantown and Huntington (back when we had Randy and Chad). Bill had a sports talk radio show in the Charleston area, and he loved WVU so much that he donated his body -- as a final act of giving -- to their medical school.

Hoppy and Tony were crying on their show this morning. You would have though there was a death in the family. After his meltdown, they are all starting to realize they made a mistake in extending ole Holgieson's contract. Best thing that could have happened for us!

On a more serious note, the Mountaineers did have a death in the family when Billy Noel, Jerry West's nephew and one of their strongest supporters ever, passed away of cancer, after a quick, four-month on illness, on Dec. 17. Bill, his dad Jack and I worked on the railroad together; we attended many ball games in both Morgantown and Huntington (back when we had Randy and Chad). Bill had a sports talk radio show in the Charleston area, and he loved WVU so much that he donated his body -- as a final act of giving -- to their medical school.
I wondered if you knew about Bill. Fran will hold memorial service for him on Jan. 7.

Jocktalker, yes I have talked to Fran. I'll be there Jan. 7. Talked to Bill twice in the weeks before he died -- he lost 45 lbs.in four months and told me he couldn't take five steps without getting out of breath. I will miss him dearly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT