ADVERTISEMENT

Very classy WVU

Guess you couldnt read what happened

Oh no, I read it. I guess I didn't see the part where it was done in front of the kids or where the event organizers condemned any player behavior.

I did read where there were multiple instances of positive interaction between the players that grew up together but let's ignore that for the sake of the cyber witch hunt.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
I guess I'm challenged. I still, for the life of me, can't figure out why a school that refuses to play in Huntington seems to live on our boards on the internet???????

When the eerbillys travel remember Jessico White is the travel coordinator. That might explain the terminal illness throw down.

Fever, You say you don't like players that don't trash talk. Figured you would respect wvu for this.

No I love when players trash talk, but there is a time and a place. This was an event for terminally ill children and the WVU players took this as an opportunity to trash talk and otherwise soil a great event.

Reactions: ToesMU
Best part of the Article

"West Virginia defensive end Adam Shuler, a wide-eyed Longwood native whose numerous tattoos include the “407” zip code and the “100” emoji, was among the loudest. He seemed to irritate Miami safety Rayshawn Jenkins by asking him loudly and incredulously, “You play?”

The irony there: Jenkins, a senior from Tampa, has played in 48 games, has nine career interceptions and was an honorable mention All-ACC pick. Shuler, a redshirt freshman, is listed as a backup. He has one sack in 12 games this year."

Best part of the Article

"West Virginia defensive end Adam Shuler, a wide-eyed Longwood native whose numerous tattoos include the “407” zip code and the “100” emoji, was among the loudest. He seemed to irritate Miami safety Rayshawn Jenkins by asking him loudly and incredulously, “You play?”

The irony there: Jenkins, a senior from Tampa, has played in 48 games, has nine career interceptions and was an honorable mention All-ACC pick. Shuler, a redshirt freshman, is listed as a backup. He has one sack in 12 games this year."

"WVU talking trash at this children's event is classless" - Fever

"Miami talking trash at this children's event is awesome" - Fever

Reactions: jocktalker
"WVU talking trash at this children's event is classless" - Fever

"Miami talking trash at this children's event is awesome" - Fever

You mean Miami players responding to unnecessary trash talking? I understand common sense, cognitive thinking, and reading comprehension is not up the Mountaineer Fanbase totem pole

Reactions: ToesMU
Very classless but do you really think football players ESPECIALLY ONES FROM FLORIDA arent going to respond?

SOunds like to me you are excusing the WVU players behavior.

Basic psychology. Among the most basic human emotions in jealousy.

Miami is not what it was in previous decades, but it is still one of the storied programs. There are still 10s of 1000s of little boys who dream every night of growing up to play for one of the major 3 Florida programs. Not one, outside of WV, has ever really actually wanted to play for WVU. No one, really wants to play for a field filler in the Texas-Oklahoma conference. Especially kids in south Florida with only a vague understand of the cold and flat, (and 90+% white) states of the Little 8. It is no one's first, or 50th choice, other than some, or maybe most, of the handful of kids from WV.

Every person who ever wore the blue and chicken yellow, had at least one, and generally many dozen, coaches say "son, you just are not good enough to play for us."

So, here you have it. The Miami kids are there. Wearing the uniform that everyone there wished he could wear. With that "U" and that "ACC" logo.

It is natural. Simple jealousy. The Miami players are what the WVU players wish they were.

Now, I have no real opinon on the game result. This is, certainly, as good as WVU ever can be (3rd place is as good as it can EVER hope for) and Miami has a first year coach for a reason, but in the long run, everyone knows what is what and who is who.

Reactions: Herd Fever
I'm going to do something I rarely do, agree with Fever... o_O

I thought "Who cares?" too till I saw that it was a charity event, and dudes were heckling guys who were dancing with kids. And mocking people taking pictures with their families.

Gotta agree, this one is pretty classless.

lisa_simpsons.png

I'm going to do something I rarely do, agree with Fever... o_O

I thought "Who cares?" too till I saw that it was a charity event, and dudes were heckling guys who were dancing with kids. And mocking people taking pictures with their families.

Gotta agree, this one is pretty classless.

Appreciate your Reading Comprehension skills, That is something I come to expect from Marshall fans

Man I am enjoying the beat down. Miami and all their True Freshman is killing the Veteran WVU squad

Yet another Eerbilly bowl loss. Ho hum, another one. Whooooooo careeeeeesssss?

Let's play ball! Home and home , men's hoops and football starting 2017!

Keep much needed revenue in state and create a great new rivalry!

They can't do that, they have to pad their schedules in both sports. There is a reason Huggins has over 800 wins and nothing to show for it.

With the way WVU played today, they would severely damage our already weak OOC SOS. We can do better

Reactions: Surbadger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT