ADVERTISEMENT

Walk On From Magnolia in New Martinsville

Hold on a minute - what in the world is Marshall doing recruiting kids from the panhandle?

This must be fake news. We've been told that doesn't happen.
wrong panhandle! Good one, but not from the Eastern Panhandle. Doc has had one kid from the Eastern Panhandle and that was a no brainer because it was the son of one of the all time great Marshall linebackers and he was attending school at Marshall no matter he played football or not.

and me..... I helped recruit all of them. I was there with Red Dawson and Andy Nemeth the night they signed Bill and Dave Forbes and Fuzzy Filliez.

Thanks HERDmeister for your good work.....
Magnolia has a special part of my heart. We [Mt. Hope] lost to you guys in WV's AA title game in cold Parkersburg my Senior year. I became friends with some of the Magnolia players that also attended Marshall when I did.

Hoping the kid is half as good as Fuzzy....and The HERD will have another winner from The Ville.

Zilla22

Last edited:
Thanks HERDmeister for your good work.....Magnolia has a special part of my heart. We [Mt. Hope] lost to you guys in WV's AA title game in cold Parkersburg my Senior year. I became friends with some of the Magnolia players that also attended Marshall when I did.

Hoping the kid is half as good as Fuzzy....and The HERD will have another winner from The Ville.

Zilla22
I was at the championship game it was super cold at Parkersburg's Stadium Field. That was my junior year. As the MHS drum msjor, I conducted the Nathional Anthem since our director was sick and missed the game.

I was at the championship game it was super cold at Parkersburg's Stadium Field. That was my junior year. As the MHS drum msjor, I conducted the Nathional Anthem since our director was sick and missed the game.

Meister....I too was ill....listened on the Radio from my sick bed....I understand it was "bitter cold."

Zilla22 in Charlotte

Herdmeister at sistersville i can remember how great the band was. One drum major had long hair way down on his back and was very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT