ADVERTISEMENT

We lose 111-70 and FAU wins in OT at OSU

There is very little talk about actual games on this site. It's mostly who is butt hurt and pissed off at various MU employees, and other posters, for commiting a variety of affronts toward "Herd Nation". :cool:

Reactions: The Real SamC
Once I realized it was actually a game I tuned in. Channel Checking other hoops games and saw the score on the bottom feed , switched to it and watched the last 10 min + the OT.

Basketball is all about matchups. With their big 7 footer, FAU had a much better inside presence against the bigger Buckeyes that did Marshall especially with Taylor out of the lineup.

Reactions: ohio herd
And if I recall correctly OSU shot very well that game and we were without Ryan Taylor.

Seriously doubt that Taylor would have made a 41 point difference. Major difference in how FAU played the game. Having watched both games ( the last 10 min + OT of the FAU game) it was obvious that one , OSU did not shoot as well as they did against us but that FAU exhibited a lot more patience offensively as well as played D , two areas where we seriously failed.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Seriously doubt that Taylor would have made a 41 point difference. Major difference in how FAU played the game. Having watched both games ( the last 10 min + OT of the FAU game) it was obvious that one , OSU did not shoot as well as they did against us but that FAU exhibited a lot more patience offensively as well as played D , two areas where we seriously failed.
seems to me that we live or die by the 3 point shots

Reactions: jocktalker

I don't if it would or would not have made a difference...however mentally it would have. Having one of your better players hurt as someone else has to try and step up. In the three games after OSU, Taylor had 17 pts 11 Rebounds, 19 and 6, 15 and 8. That is a lot of production. I still think the biggest issue is they shot fantastic and we didn't throw in their size as well. Had OSU not shot as well and we have one of our most experienced guys there we would have been much better. Whether we would have won or not...who knows. FAU beat OSU and OSU only beat NC Central by 6 so anything could have happened.

I am really looking forward to getting Thompson and Burkes back....our team can be pretty fun to watch and I think we will do well in CUSA.

Would agree with the idea of possibly making a mental or psychological difference with the rest of the team. But that night we were in over our heads for sure. Marshall is just too small to go up against teams that have sizable power forwards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT