ADVERTISEMENT

well Huff has his 3 wins look for extension coming soon

I keep telling you guys he will be back with at least a one year extension. We will win at least 4 more games as a minimum. Before the season I had no idea what the potential of this team would be with a new OC and so many portal players. After 5 games I think we are better than I thought and that makes me a happy camper. I do think that year 5 will determine if he stays long term

Last edited:
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I really hate to have to do this, but I have heard some really bad feedback on Spears over the past few weeks from people that would definitely know. I wouldn’t expect him to be here too much longer. Huff will likely outlast him.

Reactions: ohio herd
I really hate to have to do this, but I have heard some really bad feedback on Spears over the past few weeks from people that would definitely know. I wouldn’t expect him to be here too much longer. Huff will likely outlast him.
sluggo72 will be there to help him pack up his office. Sam will volunteer to drive him to Tri State!

He and Smith looked chummy during the homecoming festivities. Are they the same sources that someone on here was referring to when the claim was made... "Huff will be let go after the OH St loss, because he's misusing AD funds"?

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
Sam blowing up this thread in 3…..2…..
Not really. Sluggo posted an, IMHO, well thought out and reasonable opinion. We Are Marshall....we play for 5th place. It really is that simple. Where I disagree is that CH has some backup plan. Now, when he is eventually fired, yes, he will take his millions, or at least hundreds of thousands, and be reabsorbed into the SEC buddy-buddy career assistant community from whence he came, but nobody is going to give up being the head man and being paid that much money (and, yes, I realize if he was all that good he could make similar money as an SEC assistant, but he isn't) to be a position coach. He will stay on this gig and spend our money as long as they let him.

It is clear, out of CS's own mouth that 6-6 is somehow unacceptable, yet accepted. Is 5-7? 4-8? 3-9? Don't know, but I think it is. And there are, considering the lucky draw we got from the western division opponents we play, more wins to come. I said 6-6 and I still think 6-6. Which we know is acceptable to CS.

I do take exception that somehow it is a comeback to say Sluggo, or me or anyone, is a "CS hater" and "wants to make him look bad". No. Those of us who understand rightly criticize CS for his multiple failures. He looks bad without any help for the non-sycophant demanding better, wanting to win, Herd fan commuity, all on his own.

Reactions: sluggo72
And the AD.

This is basically a swipe at Spears.

You really need to find a new outlet for energy.
no Spears has nothing to do this, it is Brad Smith call to make. The HFC answers to the President, and has since at least the BP days. Spears job is to make sure they have enough paper in the copy machines to print the game plan.

no Spears has nothing to do this, it is Brad Smith call to make. The HFC answers to the President, and has since at least the BP days. Spears job is to make sure they have enough paper in the copy machines to print the game plan.

So Spears overstepped his bounds when he fired your underachieving coach?

Not really. Sluggo posted an, IMHO, well thought out and reasonable opinion. We Are Marshall....we play for 5th place. It really is that simple. Where I disagree is that CH has some backup plan. Now, when he is eventually fired, yes, he will take his millions, or at least hundreds of thousands, and be reabsorbed into the SEC buddy-buddy career assistant community from whence he came, but nobody is going to give up being the head man and being paid that much money (and, yes, I realize if he was all that good he could make similar money as an SEC assistant, but he isn't) to be a position coach. He will stay on this gig and spend our money as long as they let him.

It is clear, out of CS's own mouth that 6-6 is somehow unacceptable, yet accepted. Is 5-7? 4-8? 3-9? Don't know, but I think it is. And there are, considering the lucky draw we got from the western division opponents we play, more wins to come. I said 6-6 and I still think 6-6. Which we know is acceptable to CS.

I do take exception that somehow it is a comeback to say Sluggo, or me or anyone, is a "CS hater" and "wants to make him look bad". No. Those of us who understand rightly criticize CS for his multiple failures. He looks bad without any help for the non-sycophant demanding better, wanting to win, Herd fan commuity, all on his own.
How many times have you cut and pasted this as a "response" in a thread? Try some new material, or at least make a post acknowledging the team's solid effort the last 2 weeks. We know you cant, because Marshall isn't for you.

He and Smith looked chummy during the homecoming festivities. Are they the same sources that someone on here was referring to when the claim was made... "Huff will be let go after the OH St loss, because he's misusing AD funds"?
It’s from people that routinely interact with him in a professional capacity, people that I fully trust and have long relationships with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT