ADVERTISEMENT

What a Shitty State

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
It’s not extremely rare to have one area in a shithole state to offer citizens financial benefits to relocate there. It’s happened numerous times over the last few years in places like Arkansas and Oklahoma.

But to have to apply to at least five places in a state, especially one the size of West Virginia? What a shithole. I can understand why Middle Class Murox, seven years ago, said that he couldn’t wait to move out of the state and was making plans to do so (before, of course, he realized that being middle class in WV means lower-middle class and the places he wanted to move to).

as long as they keep their liberal attractant centers away from cabins, wv, zero fuhks given. we deal enough with the faggits from nova on the daily while they vacation in our shit hole (imagine that), don't need them moving here and fuhking everything up.

Take West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and, at least, northern/central Florida. That’s basically the landmass of California. Tell me what area you would rather live in if you could claim all six of those states as one home like you’re able to with a place the size of California?

We will have a better southern border (the rest of Florida), better people, better food, better hiking, better sports, better entertainment, better politics, more freedom, less taxes, and more things to do. What you basically have that we don’t are the Redwood Forest and MS 13.

Reactions: ohio herd
Take West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and, at least, northern/central Florida. That’s basically the landmass of California. Tell me what area you would rather live in if you could claim all six of those states as one home like you’re able to with a place the size of California?

We will have a better southern border (the rest of Florida), better people, better food, better hiking, better sports, better entertainment, better politics, more freedom, less taxes, and more things to do. What you basically have that we don’t are the Redwood Forest and MS 13.
Somebody’s never really spent time in California, huh?

I lived in West Virginia for multiple years. I lived in Virginia for multiple years. I lived in Florida for multiple years and own property there. California is far superior in almost every meaningful way, and it’s not even close.

The entire premise of your argument proves my point. My point is that WV is a shithole, perhaps the smelliest pile of shit of all in the country. Your argument is that if you combine six or seven states and take the best from those six or seven states, then that shithole isn’t so bad and can compete with a singular state’s best aspects? Thanks for proving my point.

Reactions: big_country90
I’m betting it will be an out of state contractor doing the destruction.
Good bet. West Virginians are too lazy to work, hence the reason they are one of the leaders in federal welfare per capita.

The good part of that is the job will probably be done correctly since it will be an out-of-stater.

Man, why so much hatred towards WV?
I don't hate it. I empathize with the extremely small amount of decent, hard-working, and intelligent West Virginians who have to put up with living in such a shithole.

Hate West Virginia? You need to talk to Middle Class Murox about that. We need to get him back here so he can explain why he despises the state to the extreme that he does. Hell, the guy has been trying to save up money to leave the state for years now. He even tried knocking up an out-of-state Hooters waitress in hopes that he could get custody of the baby and be paid some of her waitressing tip money towards child support to help finance his move.

I lived in West Virginia for multiple years. I lived in Virginia for multiple years. I lived in Florida for multiple years and own property there. California is far superior in almost every meaningful way, and it’s not even close.

The entire premise of your argument proves my point. My point is that WV is a shithole, perhaps the smelliest pile of shit of all in the country. Your argument is that if you combine six or seven states and take the best from those six or seven states, then that shithole isn’t so bad and can compete with a singular state’s best aspects? Thanks for proving my point.
WV gave you a chance to play ball, didn't it? Gave you an education? I am guessing part of it paid for. If WV sucks why did you go to Marshall?

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes

You have the benefit of having a much, much larger land mass to call yours. How about we compare Putnam County to Compton? Nobody in their right mind would choose to live in Compton over Putnam County. By your logic, that makes WV the superior state. I’m simply applying an apples to apples comparison by using an area that’s comparable in size.

California has sun and beaches, just like the east coast. None of the beaches are comparable to the gulf side of Florida, and if you say they are you’re simply lying. The people side of the coin isn’t even close. Liberals ruin everything.

As a whole, East coast beaches are much better for beach days and being in the water... West coast beaches are much more scenic.

WV gave you a chance to play ball, didn't it?
I had the same changes in just about any other state.

Gave you an education?
No. From an academic standpoint, I learned very little at Marshall. The education had to be dumbed down to accommodate the locals and give them a chance at passing in order to continue getting their tuition money (that people from out of state, like me, had to subsidize for them).
If WV sucks why did you go to Marshall?
We went over this. It's the same reason that beauty pageant girls enter a competition in a state where they don't really live. I had a choice to become a god in West Virginia or become just a stud in other states. I had already been a stud, so I wanted to see what the deity life was like. From day one, I was given Huntington's version of a key to the city: a lifetime supply of Oxy and as many bleach-blonde, fake-baked-tanned girls from Chapmanville as I could handle.

You have the benefit of having a much, much larger land mass to call yours. How about we compare Putnam County to Compton? Nobody in their right mind would choose to live in Compton over Putnam County. By your logic, that makes WV the superior state. I’m simply applying an apples to apples comparison by using an area that’s comparable in size.
Your attempt at logic includes no logic. We aren't hand-selecting only certain parts of states. We are looking at states overall. And in doing so, California crushes just about every other state.

As you said, California has a significantly bigger landmass than WV, yet at least five parts of WV are having to beg people to move there by giving them a significant amount of money. If things were equal, California would then be doing the same in dozens of locations, but that isn't the case.
California has sun and beaches, just like the east coast. None of the beaches are comparable to the gulf side of Florida, and if you say they are you’re simply lying. The people side of the coin isn’t even close. Liberals ruin everything.
So now you want to compare an entire coast to one state. You said something about apples to apples, but that is more like apples to dumptrucks.

The Emerald Coast of Florida has the best water quality color and best looking sand in the continental U.S. California (and along the West Coast) has better looking views of the beaches, thanks in large part to the cliffs and rocks.

The people side isn't even close? Would you rather be surrounded by educated and wealthy or rednecks? Most people choose the former, which is why the redneck areas have to bribe people to move there.

I had the same changes in just about any other state.

No. From an academic standpoint, I learned very little at Marshall. The education had to be dumbed down to accommodate the locals and give them a chance at passing in order to continue getting their tuition money (that people from out of state, like me, had to subsidize for them).

We went over this. It's the same reason that beauty pageant girls enter a competition in a state where they don't really live. I had a choice to become a god in West Virginia or become just a stud in other states. I had already been a stud, so I wanted to see what the deity life was like. From day one, I was given Huntington's version of a key to the city: a lifetime supply of Oxy and as many bleach-blonde, fake-baked-tanned girls from Chapmanville as I could handle.

I have followed Marshall sports all my life. God like figures would be Chad Pennington and Hal Greer. Studs would be someone like Larry McCloud. The God guys you just know as Chad or Byron. Even Skip Henderson through all his legal troubles is known as Skip. John Taft is know as Taft. Everybody around town knows who you are talking about. Studs like Larry McCloud get the sayings like Larry McCloud from out in Wayne County would not your dick stiff. Remember when McCloud hit that guy from Ole Miss? John Wade? Stud. Randy Moss? God. The Freak or just Randy. Say 88 in Huntington we know who you are talkinga bout. Troy Brown? Remmeber when Troy played for the Patriots and got those rings?

I think you qualify more as Legend In Your Own Mind.

the studs in and gods from marshla played in the professional league of their respective sport and got paid. those wanting to be a stud or god at marshla that didn't, failed.

Rifles idea of being a God has more to do with his unmatched physique and stunning good looks as opposed to his athletic prowess. Even his athletic prowess places him in the top 2 percent.

I know what he's talking about here, because the same thing happened to me when I moved to Michigan in '99, ironically about the same time rifle received his wings in WV.

Reactions: riflearm2
I have followed Marshall sports all my life. God like figures would be Chad Pennington and Hal Greer. Studs would be someone like Larry McCloud. The God guys you just know as Chad or Byron. Even Skip Henderson through all his legal troubles is known as Skip. John Taft is know as Taft. Everybody around town knows who you are talking about. Studs like Larry McCloud get the sayings like Larry McCloud from out in Wayne County would not your dick stiff. Remember when McCloud hit that guy from Ole Miss? John Wade? Stud. Randy Moss? God. The Freak or just Randy. Say 88 in Huntington we know who you are talkinga bout. Troy Brown? Remmeber when Troy played for the Patriots and got those rings?

the studs in and gods from marshla played in the professional league of their respective sport and got paid. those wanting to be a stud or god at marshla that didn't, failed.
It has nothing to do with athletics and everything to do with overall reputation. It's why we have a former NFL guy on here who has repeatedly said that each time he saw me, I was with a different smokeshow (by WV standards).

While at Marshall, my crank was treated like the Eucharist at a Catholic mass: It was believed to have magical power, there was a line of people wanting a taste of it, nobody cared about a little backwash or sloppy seconds from others, sometimes other people watched while you engaged with it, it was treated with the utmost respect and care, and you came back weekly to wait in line for another round.

CA has some very good beaches but yeah the East Coast has better beaches for like vacationing. It’s just a geography/ocean temperature thing for the most part. But I’ll be in San Diego next week and won’t be complaining.

The surfing is better on the West Coast but the people are fake as hell.
You contradict yourself with this. Are there "fake" people? Sure. But you can't tie surfing into that comment, as the surfing community is about as "real" as it gets with people. They don't try to be anything other than surf bums who ride their electric bikes with the surfboard stand attached, surf all day, then grab a beachside meal and work whatever nightly gig they do to pay their bare minimum of bills.

You contradict yourself with this. Are there "fake" people? Sure. But you can't tie surfing into that comment, as the surfing community is about as "real" as it gets with people. They don't try to be anything other than surf bums who ride their electric bikes with the surfboard stand attached, surf all day, then grab a beachside meal and work whatever nightly gig they do to pay their bare minimum of bills.
Overall, the majority of folks I’ve interacted w/ are fake (I’ve got three deals right now with Californians.).
When I was living in SC, I had to spend a good amount of time in CA helping train a new office & meet w/ insurance heads. They weren’t mean or dumb (necessarily), just noticeably inauthentic.

Man, Herdman, you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Reactions: i am herdman
better hiking
Yeah, this one is wrong. And I'm a big time fan of Appalachia hiking. The AT is wonderful. But California has the PCT, John Muir Trail, the Tahoe Rim Trail...you've got coast, desert, rainforest, the highest peak in the Lower 48, volcanoes, the oldest living things on Earth, so many different environments and mountain ranges. California is incredibly scenic, second only to Alaska but far more diverse.

I hear Florida has some decent trails, but fvck that, cottonmouths, alligators, giant bugs, and crushing heat and humidity. I'll pass and stick to the beach.

BC’s hypothetical state and CA would each have so much top tier hiking there isn’t really a better or worse between them.

The Grand Canyon is the place that left me totally amazed. To me it was jaw dropping. I drove one time from NC to Las Vegas and back. Went to the Grand Canyon. That place is a wonder of the world.

The Grand Canyon is the place that left me totally amazed. To me it was jaw dropping. I drove one time from NC to Las Vegas and back. Went to the Grand Canyon. That place is a wonder of the world.
The Grand Canyon really is the ninth wonder of the world…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT