ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to the Moss event he was supposed to do in Huntington this summer?

And you wonder why we don’t share information half the time.

Some Posters: Why didn’t they retire Moss’ jersey?

Mod: Such and such.

Some Posters: We don’t believe you. It’s still Marshall’s fault.

Oh no, I know why you don't share information. It's because your goal is not to use your press pass for reporting, like most press actually does, your goal is to use that access to have your personal, super-fan, I know more than you, cred.

It's why I wouldn't pay to be a member here again. I watched the former owner pull the same crap for years while I was a paying member. He, like you, use the fans that post here as your platform to gain access and then use that access for only your own personal benefit. It's why you guys get scooped by "average Joe fan" on every story coming and going. You may know the info first, but you never share it. If herd nation was Woodward and Bernstein you guys would be sitting in a room patting each other on the back, talking about how cool you are because you know Nixon broke the law, but Nixon would have served two terms because you never told anybody about it.

Yeah, I can’t see Randy downplaying Marshall. He really wore the love he had for the University on his sleeve :rolleyes:
Randy Moss was one of the best things to ever happen for Marshall University & he was or could be argued the best player to ever go through Marshall, However I feel that he doesn’t believe Marshall was the best thing to happen for him . It was just a place that he had to come just cause all other options had been taken away. You never hear him throw any love towards Marshall not even in his HOF induction .

Randy Moss was one of the best things to ever happen for Marshall University & he was or could be argued the best player to ever go through Marshall, However I feel that he doesn’t believe Marshall was the best thing to happen for him . It was just a place that he had to come just cause all other options had been taken away. You never hear him throw any love towards Marshall not even in his HOF induction .

This is simply not true

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Oh no, I know why you don't share information. It's because your goal is not to use your press pass for reporting, like most press actually does, your goal is to use that access to have your personal, super-fan, I know more than you, cred.

It's why I wouldn't pay to be a member here again. I watched the former owner pull the same crap for years while I was a paying member. He, like you, use the fans that post here as your platform to gain access and then use that access for only your own personal benefit. It's why you guys get scooped by "average Joe fan" on every story coming and going.

Not the first time I've heard this about the previous ownership.

Everything I have heard lines up with Josh's recounting of events - Marshall tried to honor Moss, but he either wasn't interested, or just wanted to make the Athletic Department personnel jump through hoops for his personal entertainment. He was doing some real diva shhh, asking for unreasonable things and then getting irate when they didn't manifest, and then using that as the reason for not doing the thing he probably never really wanted to do.

I'm not saying tear up your '97 team posters, but don't waste your time worshiping that guy. The feeling ain't mutual at all.

This is simply not true
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spo...cle_48cb04c6-f7b7-5a5f-b4ea-4ffabdb96c37.html

See above link .. He didn’t mention Marshall was even an article in HD about it .. whether or not someone believes it’s a snub or not is an opinion of how someone perceives it & feels about it ..

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spo...cle_48cb04c6-f7b7-5a5f-b4ea-4ffabdb96c37.html

See above link .. He didn’t mention Marshall was even an article in HD about it .. whether or not someone believes it’s a snub or not is an opinion of how someone perceives it & feels about it ..

Maybe this has something to do with the 1996 team he spoke about and how he and they felt the university didn’t treat them well during the reunion? His HOF induction was 2 years after this, so maybe there’s a reason but he won’t publicly state it. But why does that hurt everyone’s feelings? Moss did enough for MU the two years he played here and still does things for MU

Maybe this has something to do with the 1996 team he spoke about and how he and they felt the university didn’t treat them well during the reunion? His HOF induction was 2 years after this, so maybe there’s a reason but he won’t publicly state it. But why does that hurt everyone’s feelings? Moss did enough for MU the two years he played here and still does things for MU

Curious, what does he still do for the University? Not being a smart ass, just would like to know.

Curious, what does he still do for the University? Not being a smart ass, just would like to know.

Apparently he tried to have a camp over the summer but we don’t know why that didn’t happen. Aside from that he showed a lot of loved during our top 25 run when Cato was here on ESPN, And honestly he’s done more than Byron but no one hates on Byron like they do Moss. He put us on the map, I’m not sure he owes us anything else

If you watch the clip in the other thread, he refers to himself "coming in as a Florida State guy" despite not playing a single down for them. There is a part of me that's always felt he considered having to play at Marshall an insult to some degree, like he was embarrassed of the fact.

That was the reason he said "Rand University" in the pregame graphics - because all the other guys were saying "Oklahoma" "University of Florida" "THE Ohio State" etc. etc. and he didn't want to be like "Randy Moss...MAC school."

Reactions: munotwvu342
If you watch the clip in the other thread, he refers to himself "coming in as a Florida State guy" despite not playing a single down for them. There is a part of me that's always felt he considered having to play at Marshall an insult to some degree, like he was embarrassed of the fact.

That was the reason he said "Rand University" in the pregame graphics - because all the other guys were saying "Oklahoma" "University of Florida" "THE Ohio State" etc. etc. and he didn't want to be like "Randy Moss...MAC school."

You’re wrong on why he said Rand U

But he was a FSU Guy and Kresser was a UF Guy, why is he wrong?

I have no clue what’s happened behind the scenes in regard to Moss’s relationship with Marshall. So I’m not going to weigh in. But I do have a sincere question...what exactly do these former players want from Marshall? Why are they feeling “spurned”? Free tickets? Sideline passes? I really don’t understand the dynamics.

And Sisters...Moss’s ability and athletic impact at Marshall isn’t being called into question by anyone. I’m not sure what you’re going on about. The discussion centers around some incident that has occurred behind the scenes. The majority of the people have no clue what has happened. So neither a defense nor attack on Moss, in my opinion, is warranted until it is known. Aaron knows something that personally changed how he views him. But until we know the facts, it’s difficult to weigh in. I mean...what if he dissed Tyler Childers or something.
Well, when the university invites a team and its coach back for them to be honored, it would be nice if the not-so-young-anymore coach (who took us to the 1-AA finals) shouldn’t be stuck in the northeast corner of the damned bleachers in the rain! How bout that? Good enough for ya?

It was absolutely PATHETIC on Marshall’s part!

Well, when the university invites a team and its coach back for them to be honored, it would be nice if the not-so-young-anymore coach (who took us to the 1-AA finals) shouldn’t be stuck in the northeast corner of the damned bleachers in the rain! How bout that? Good enough for ya?

It was absolutely PATHETIC on Marshall’s part!

Dang. That’s a pretty strong response to a person who basically said that I don’t know the dynamics so I’m personally reserving my opinion. Sounds like you have some pent up rage on the issue. I’m glad I could help you vent. Deep breath now.

Yeah, you are basically being one. Moss put Marshall on the map as we transitioned from IAA to Div 1. The catch & run on the Hudson, the talent that was so obviously on display every time the ball was snapped, the ability to run downfield and throw a block 70 yds from the los. Ask Chad Pennington if he thinks Randy Moss needs to do anymore for Marshall. Ask Bobby Pruett (as he sat behind Randy at the Heisman ceremony) if he thinks Moss should do more for the Herd? Those of us who can remember Joe Willey Namath guarantee a Super Bowl victory for the Jets couldn’t believe someone could be that confident!
In the same vein Moss showed that there was a place in the NFL for guys from that lower level. It was never the same again.
If you live long enough, you can see how fortunate you were to witness the one in a generation(s) athlete who played so far above normal that his nickname was The Freak. Glad to have met him (before the WVU game in ‘97)...

Dang. That’s a pretty strong response to a person who basically said that I don’t know the dynamics so I’m personally reserving my opinion. Sounds like you have some pent up rage on the issue. I’m glad I could help you vent. Deep breath now.
My apologies man. This is a big sticking point for me. I know this family personally (I visited them in their new home after they left Huntington). My venom isn’t toward you at all. Cheers.

Yeah, you are basically being one. Moss put Marshall on the map as we transitioned from IAA to Div 1. The catch & run on the Hudson, the talent that was so obviously on display every time the ball was snapped, the ability to run downfield and throw a block 70 yds from the los. Ask Chad Pennington if he thinks Randy Moss needs to do anymore for Marshall. Ask Bobby Pruett (as he sat behind Randy at the Heisman ceremony) if he thinks Moss should do more for the Herd? Those of us who can remember Joe Willey Namath guarantee a Super Bowl victory for the Jets couldn’t believe someone could be that confident!
In the same vein Moss showed that there was a place in the NFL for guys from that lower level. It was never the same again.
If you live long enough, you can see how fortunate you were to witness the one in a generation(s) athlete who played so far above normal that his nickname was The Freak. Glad to have met him (before the WVU game in ‘97)...
No I am not. I don’t need lectured about what Moss did for us. I was there, I saw it.

I asked about what he still did, I never questioned what he did for us in the past. We all know that.

The man said something to the effect on what Moss still did for the university. So I didn’t know if there were specific things. I was just curious to know. That’s all.

There was no intent to be snarky.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT