ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to the Moss event he was supposed to do in Huntington this summer?

Herdon2

Platinum Buffalo
May 15, 2003
Never heard a word about it after he posted it on Twitter last year. Said something was happening this summer with Huntington.

Reactions: Herdsavedme
giphy.gif

No point. He said she said. You will believe the side you want to be right. I will believe what I want to believe.
I wish there was a dislike option, give us the code Red option. You can’t handle the truth. A few good men. Which I don’t see with you

Last edited:
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
You guys who hate the athletic department couldn’t handle the “actual truth” with this.
Bullshit. Lay it out there. You don’t decide what we can handle. If you decide what we can, Show me the money trail. Where did Randy spend? I’ve seen Chad spend in Cabell county recently

Last edited:
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
We can handle the actual truth. Let's hear it...insiders and super fandom nation!

You Guys can't handle the truth lol .Aaron they didn't make you moderator to blend in and go along. You are much closer to the players than most everyone.

Translation: I don’t know anything. But by stating this vague statement and not giving any real answers I will appear important to my peers. Acceptance soon to follow.

I can accept that. It’s not true but I can see your reasoning for the post the actual story sucks and changed my entire opinion of Moss.

You guys just don't understand. It has nothing to do with Marshall, Moss is just a lying sociopath that wanted to screw over the university for no reason other than his own sick gratification.

A certain employee would never use extortion tactics to grant people what they have rightfully already earned.

On another topic entirely, when is Moss' jersey number being retired and hung in the Joan since he has now been inducted into the Pro Football HOF? I know I have been told that is the requirement to have a number retired at Marshall (hence why someone like Chad will never have that honor).

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
You guys just don't understand. It has nothing to do with Marshall, Moss is just a lying sociopath that wanted to screw over the university for no reason other than his own sick gratification.

A certain employee would never use extortion tactics to grant people what they have rightfully already earned.

On another topic entirely, when is Moss' jersey number being retired and hung in the Joan since he has now been inducted into the Pro Football HOF? I know I have been told that is the requirement to have a number retired at Marshall (hence why someone like Chad will never have that honor).
Bmissed. Moss should kick the crap out of you liar. They should build a 50' statue of Randy based on how great he played the game. Not how much he donated to Marshall. Pennington is a great man too. Had he been black and treated just as Moss was from his DuPont days to being drafted Chad would have been more like Randy. Never thought I would see the day that herd fans would talk about Randy like WV fans. I would say Rand University too. Never been a better player to ever wear the green and white than Moss.Ernie Salvatore was saying the same thing after being a little skeptical of Randy at first. He saw the light.

I have no clue what’s happened behind the scenes in regard to Moss’s relationship with Marshall. So I’m not going to weigh in. But I do have a sincere question...what exactly do these former players want from Marshall? Why are they feeling “spurned”? Free tickets? Sideline passes? I really don’t understand the dynamics.

And Sisters...Moss’s ability and athletic impact at Marshall isn’t being called into question by anyone. I’m not sure what you’re going on about. The discussion centers around some incident that has occurred behind the scenes. The majority of the people have no clue what has happened. So neither a defense nor attack on Moss, in my opinion, is warranted until it is known. Aaron knows something that personally changed how he views him. But until we know the facts, it’s difficult to weigh in. I mean...what if he dissed Tyler Childers or something.

Reactions: HerdFan2018
They have already started the statue of tyler but I have been a Moss fan a lot longer. This post was not towards Aaron. I might be wrong but the 96 team or some of its players are players Aaron is not fond of for badmouthing the program. He will respond.

I think Aaron is referring to a tweet a few months ago where Moss supposedly tweeted something to the effect of To hell with the Herd.
Now Aaron thinks it was referring Marshall but many others think it was geared to Colin Cowherd, which Moss has never been warm to.

Just my 2 cents.

They have already started the statue of tyler but I have been a Moss fan a lot longer. This post was not towards Aaron. I might be wrong but the 96 team or some of its players are players Aaron is not fond of for badmouthing the program. He will respond.

I used to be a huge Randy Moss fan. That changed about 4 months ago.

I think Aaron is referring to a tweet a few months ago where Moss supposedly tweeted something to the effect of To hell with the Herd.
Now Aaron thinks it was referring Marshall but many others think it was geared to Colin Cowherd, which Moss has never been warm to.

Just my 2 cents.

That was the beginning of it. Yes. And I assure you it wasn’t about Colin Cowherd. He was referring to someone who had sent him a live message regarding Marshall

That was the beginning of it. Yes. And I assure you it wasn’t about Colin Cowherd. He was referring to someone who had sent him a live message regarding Marshall

Wonder what the message about Marshall was?

Whatever happened, the school should have been proactive and retired his number. Hell, they should have a ring of numbers and names around the stadium/pressbox. You don’t have to retire the number at all.

Moss, Pennington, Leftwich, Brown, Chapman, Parker, etc.

But hey, it’s Marshall. Where we get in our own way more often than not.

I have found it odd how many of our great former players don’t seem to have much of a relationship with Marshall outside of Chad and Vinny. Byron, Ahmad Bradshaw, Rogers Beckett, John Wade and the list goes on. Maybe they are involved and they don’t want it to be public but it seems like once they are gone that’s it for many them.

As far as Randy goes the one thing that people have to understand with Randy is he ended up at Marshall not because he wanted to be there but because he had to be here. He responded with having two of the greatest years a WR has ever had in college football. He lead us to a IAA national championship, a MAC championship, was an all American and a heisman finalist. He brought us unbelievable PR and when he was having a hall if Fame career in the NFL Marshall was mentioned several times.

But at the end of the day if Randy had his way he would have never been at Marshall so he’s never going to have the love for Marshall that all of us have. That’s why although I think Randy is the greatest football player to play at Marshall, but I understood a long time ago that Randy doesn’t really give a crap about MU since he’s been gone and I accept it but he will never be one of my favorite players.

Marshall offered to retire his number last season and Randy told them that he would not attend.

The ceremony was planned out and everything, but he told them that he wouldn’t be part of it.

The school can only do so much.

Were there conditions attached to retiring his number? Such as a monetary gift to the school?

I find it hard to believe he would refuse if there were no strings attached. But who knows.

That's what they told you, wasn't it? Oh wait, you were there for the conversation, right?

And sisters, I was being sarcastic. Moss is one of the best things to ever happen to Marshall football.

And you wonder why we don’t share information half the time.

Some Posters: Why didn’t they retire Moss’ jersey?

Mod: Such and such.

Some Posters: We don’t believe you. It’s still Marshall’s fault.

And you wonder why we don’t share information half the time.

Some Posters: Why didn’t they retire Moss’ jersey?

Mod: Such and such.

Some Posters: We don’t believe you. It’s still Marshall’s fault.

Mods: pro-university posts 99% of the time regardless of the topic

Board: skepticism

Mods: You guys don't know anything

Reactions: mubaseballking
Mods: pro-university posts 99% of the time regardless of the topic

Board: skepticism

Mods: You guys don't know anything

I don’t make information up to make them look good though.

If I don’t know, I either say so or don’t post at all.

Am I going to post damaging information? No, I’m not an idiot, but I’m not here to make shit up either.

And I get it......You all think that they feed us everything, but all the information I have or get isn’t from the administration/staff.

Ask them. There was a two-year stretch where they were upset that I wouldn’t rat out someone on the inside for feeding me info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT