ADVERTISEMENT

What happens when wages go up? Ask Gavin Newsome.

images
giphy.webp

No one needs to work in the auto manufacturing business to be able to drive a car, you stupid lying trumptard magat. I gave the answer to the question I asked and it's within pennies. moron.
Driving a car isn't running a fortune 500 business you moron. You were barely able to build your business beyond the size of a woodshed.

I already answered your question before you gave the link to the article. Try harder:

"Yes it is. Especially for fast food companies that have a higher number of lower wage workers and must maintain a labor cost avg of about 20% per location, in order to make a profit."

According to CNBC a Big Mac in CA costs 5.11 and with the existing minimum wage in CA being 15.50 the raise to 20.00 is 29.04%. so the cost of a big mac will increase in CA by about 29% or about 6.59. Wit many menu items all will go up in cost. Those that a popular like the Big Mac will go up more those less popular items may go up less. So that 6.59 number could be higher with other menu items with a smaller increase. All items will be more expensive though.
Good post, So in Ohio currently a Big Mac meal is around 9.25. So if a family of 4 go there and each member of that family purchases a Big Mac meal we are looking at around 37 dollars. Raise that by 30% and you end up now paying about 48 dollars. Are you kidding me! In Economics there is a concept known as "price elasticity." A small increase will normally not move the needle much but a larger increase normally will change buying patterns. You can't tell me that having to shell out 48 dollars to feed 4 people at McDonalds will not hurt the bottom line. Most restaurants have a small amount of room for profits so this will make it even harder to make a profit. The pressure of price increases has already forced many of these fast food chains to become creative by changing the packaging and shrinking the product many times hoping nobody will notice. Furthermore as anyone with a brain would understand that it is not just about one hamburger at a fast food store. Inflation is making it harder for all of us to stay ahead especially those on fixed incomes. Unfortunately there is one poster on here who will not understand this.

Reactions: 30CAT
Good post, So in Ohio currently a Big Mac meal is around 9.25. So if a family of 4 go there and each member of that family purchases a Big Mac meal we are looking at around 37 dollars. Raise that by 30% and you end up now paying about 48 dollars. Are you kidding me! In Economics there is a concept known as "price elasticity." A small increase will normally not move the needle much but a larger increase normally will change buying patterns. You can't tell me that having to shell out 48 dollars to feed 4 people at McDonalds will not hurt the bottom line. Most restaurants have a small amount of room for profits so this will make it even harder to make a profit. The pressure of price increases has already forced many of these fast food chains to become creative by changing the packaging and shrinking the product many times hoping nobody will notice. Furthermore as anyone with a brain would understand that it is not just about one hamburger at a fast food store. Inflation is making it harder for all of us to stay ahead especially those on fixed incomes. Unfortunately there is one poster on here who will not understand this.

I used to stop by McDonald's every morning, before work and get McMuffin meal, an apple pie and two unsweet teas. Stopped going when it cost me $10 for that meal.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio herd
maybe 'merica will slim down if mcdonald's raises prices to the extent poors can't afford to eat there.

i'll continue to order their biscuit and gravy, hashbrown, and hazelnut ice coffee once a month, or so. it's pretty legit for a cheap ass breakfast (@ $7 total here in BFE-WV). i stopped eating their burgers years ago, so don't give a shit what they charge for those dried up shit patties.

Reactions: ohio herd and 30CAT
Driving a car isn't running a fortune 500 business you moron. You were barely able to build your business beyond the size of a woodshed.

I already answered your question before you gave the link to the article. Try harder:

"Yes it is. Especially for fast food companies that have a higher number of lower wage workers and must maintain a labor cost avg of about 20% per location, in order to make a profit."
You're an idiot and liar. The question you didn't answer is...

You idiots want to tell us how much a mcdonalds big mac burger in california would have to increase in cost to cover that minimum wage increase to $20??

Good post,
You're an idiot.
So in Ohio currently a Big Mac meal is around 9.25. So if a family of 4 go there and each member of that family purchases a Big Mac meal we are looking at around 37 dollars. Raise that by 30% and you end up now paying about 48 dollars.
A 23% increase in labor does not equal 30%, moron. The 23% increase in labor will increase the 9.25 burger combo to $11.38 ($2.13 increase and a total of $8.52 for the 4 diners).

Not a single conservative on this board cares one bit about poor people not being able to eat at McDonalds. To use the often used conservative argument: if you can't afford to pay an extra $8.52 for a 4 member family, you should have stopped the family at 3 members.

You're an idiot.

A 23% increase in labor does not equal 30%, moron. The 23% increase in labor will increase the 9.25 burger combo to $11.38 ($2.13 increase and a total of $8.52 for the 4 diners).

Not a single conservative on this board cares one bit about poor people not being able to eat at McDonalds. To use the often used conservative argument: if you can't afford to pay an extra $8.52 for a 4 member family, you should have stopped the family at 3 members.

If you have a dog, put him on so you can look less ignorant, will you?

• Haha
Reactions: SamSwimmer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT