ADVERTISEMENT

What is an acceptable first year record for Huff

It’s ok to admit the obvious. There’s not a single conference in America where all members are equally dedicated to compete in every sport. Vanderbilt isn’t dedicate to win in football like Alabama is. Clemson isn’t dedicated to win in basketball like UNC is. You’re a moron when you argue otherwise.

That's true.

And CUSA was formed for football, is based on football, and is 100% about football. It is 14 schools, all wanting to play football at the same level. Why else would colleges from El Paso, Norfolk, Miami, and various wide spots in the road in between be in the same conference.

Every CUSA member is trying to win, at football, and is in CUSA because of it. RESPECT our opponents.

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan
That's true.

And CUSA was formed for football, is based on football, and is 100% about football. It is 14 schools, all wanting to play football at the same level. Why else would colleges from El Paso, Norfolk, Miami, and various wide spots in the road in between be in the same conference.

Every CUSA member is trying to win, at football, and is in CUSA because of it. RESPECT our opponents.
ODU refused to play football this year

Didn’t say they weren’t beatable but they are also capable of beating us. We barely beat app last year Boone will be a hard place to play and win
App was ranked and a last minute addition to our schedule, given that and a freshman QB, all things considered, MU still won, who cares the score, winning is winning.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Fine.

Then answer the question.

Otherwise, WHY ARE THEY HERE? This conference exists for one thing. 14 like minded programs trying to play football at this level.

This league EXISTS for football. 14 schools all trying to play and win at this level. If they did not care, they would be among the 100s of larger schools that still cower in I-AA or which do not have football at all. All members are valid, deserving of respect, and beating any is an accomplishment.

Superfandom, turned rotten and inward, has already consumed one staff. Get your heads on straight, and get behind our new staff. That starts with RESPECT for our opponents.

FAU and UAB are the only 2 that really showed they cared about football the past few seasons by spending money and hiring the right HC.

Not to mention lots of the new members had lower tier football programs and D1 basketball programs.
How many programs that joined CUSA had a legit D1 football program before they joined? Okay, how many had a legit D1 basketball program before they joined?
Those who already had both, either current members or not, which sport has been recently more successful?
The few that remain are for markets.

This is a conference who thought ODU was a better addition than App State...if it had been about football, ODU wouldn't have been given a chance.
The only program with a basketball history that has actually tried in football, with success, has been UAB and maybe some of WKU (but thays waning as it is).

Reactions: herdfan93
Why don’t we just give the new coach the chance to show us what he can do with what was left over to him and not have all these expectations. I’m just happy to see new blood and new ideas.

He retained the OC...the same one people were grumbling about being overrated and not being better.
He then REHIRED the guy that the previously mentioned OC replaced because people despised his "boring Don Nehlen style of football."
People seem to want to forget that, hut since its not Doc, I guess its just fine.

App was ranked and a last minute addition to our schedule, given that and a freshman QB, all things considered, MU still won, who cares the score, winning is winning.
Where did I complain about winning last years game? All I said was we struggled with them last year which is true. And that playing in Boone won’t be easy

FAU and UAB are the only 2 that really showed they cared about football the past few seasons by spending money and hiring the right HC.

Not to mention lots of the new members had lower tier football programs and D1 basketball programs.
How many programs that joined CUSA had a legit D1 football program before they joined? Okay, how many had a legit D1 basketball program before they joined?
Those who already had both, either current members or not, which sport has been recently more successful?
The few that remain are for markets.

This is a conference who thought ODU was a better addition than App State...if it had been about football, ODU wouldn't have been given a chance.
The only program with a basketball history that has actually tried in football, with success, has been UAB and maybe some of WKU (but thays waning as it is).

Really?

So various schools, THOUSANDS of miles apart with really NOTHING in common between all their other sports with INSANE travel to be in a FOOTBALL conference, when they all could easily join a conference based in their own part of the country, but really they don't care about football.

Right.

Reality is that, while there are over 350 "legit basketball programs" spread across over 30 conferences, ONLY 130 have the courage and grit to play football at the highest level. Only 10 conferences. Plenty of schools with more resources, more students, more of everything, but they cower in I-AA or don't play football at all. Bold. Brave. Extreme.

And deserving of our respect.

Respect our opponents.

Last edited:
Really?

So various schools, THOUSANDS of miles apart with really NOTHING in common between all their other sports with INSANE travel to be in a FOOTBALL conference, when they all could easily join a conference based in their own part of the country, but really they don't care about football.

Right.

Reality is that, while there are over 350 "legit basketball programs" spread across over 30 conferences, ONLY 130 have the courage and grit to play football at the highest level. Only 10 conferences. Plenty of schools with more resources, more students, more of everything, but they cower in I-AA or don't play football at all. Bold. Brave. Extreme.

And deserving of our respect.

Respect our opponents.
I honestly hope you are a troll account. The above post screams troll because there is literally no way you believe it.

Regardless of what happens in his first year, Coach Huff has my full support. I'm excited and just like I did with Doc, I'll give coach at least 3 years to get this program rolling like it should. And when I say rolling, I mean playing for a conference championship EVERY YEAR. No excuses.

With that being said, I say by looking at the schedule an 8-4 record is reasonable. Losses will be at Navy, home against ECU, at MTSU, and at N. Texas. That Appy State can go either way too. Always a tough place to play for the Herd.

The ingredients are there for coach to have a successful year. Just have to get everyone back on the same page and erase the events that led to those final three losses last year. Leave the past behind and let's move forward. And I think we have the coach to do it.

It takes time to implement a new system and get the players in that fit it, not to mention adjusting attitudes. There will be attrition and the usual bumps in the road. He got to recruit one player for this incoming class. He needs 2-3 full recruiting classes before you start talking about buy outs.

It takes time to implement a new system and get the players in that fit it, not to mention adjusting attitudes. There will be attrition and the usual bumps in the road. He got to recruit one player for this incoming class. He needs 2-3 full recruiting classes before you start talking about buy outs.
He inherited a top 25 caliber team with a young QB.
He also retained the OC and re-hired the former OC.

I don't think its too unreasonable to have a decently high bar set for coach Huff.

Huff hired an exciting staff

Either your computer autocorrected "very questionable" to "exciting," or you're dabbling in Huntington's finest meth.

Which ones do you find "exciting"?

- the guy who was just fired by a conference peer after his previous head coach refused to take him along to his better job and who Marshall hired to coach a position he has no experience in
- the guy who has never coached at the FBS level and whose biggest recruiting tactic is referring to himself as the "King of Memphis"
- the guy who was hired as a coordinator even though he was just a position coach at a conference peer last year, his only FBS experience in the last eight years, to go along with his three DUIs
- the guy who was hired as a special teams coordinator even though he was the coordinator of the worst special teams units in the country over the last three years
- the guy whose only coaching experience has been at HBCUs
- the guy who was retained even though most of the fan base wanted him gone due to poor production and lack of his player's development
- the guy who was hired again after he was crucified by the fan base for poor production about three years ago
- the guy who was let go at Florida State two years ago and couldn't find a job at either of the Florida conference schools even though he has great relationships in the state
- the guy whose career has been a demotion at every stop over the past nine years
- the other guy who has never been a full-time FBS coach

Shit happens, and not all of those guys are bad coaches, but "exciting"? Marshall wasn't exactly stealing anybody away from staffs. Literally, every single coach was either out of a job (3), in an off-the-field role (3), or was at an FCS (with the exception of Guidry who was give a promotion at Marshall - 3).

Either your computer autocorrected "very questionable" to "exciting," or you're dabbling in Huntington's finest meth.

- the guy who was just fired by a conference peer after his previous head coach refused to take him along to his better job and who Marshall hired to coach a position he has no experience in
- the guy who has never coached at the FBS level and whose biggest recruiting tactic is referring to himself as the "King of Memphis"
- the guy who was hired as a coordinator even though he was just a position coach at a conference peer last year, his only FBS experience in the last eight years, to go along with his three DUIs
- the guy who was hired as a special teams coordinator even though he was the coordinator of the worst special teams units in the country over the last three years
- the guy who was retained even though most of the fan base wanted him gone due to poor production and lack of his player's development
- the guy who was hired again after he was crucified by the fan base for poor production about three years ago
- the guy who was let go at Florida State two years ago and couldn't find a job at either of the Florida conference schools even though he has great relationships in the state
- the guy whose career has been a demotion at every stop over the past nine years

Shit happens, and not all of those guys are bad coaches, but "exciting"? Marshall wasn't exactly stealing anybody away from staffs. Literally, every single coach was either out of a job (3), in an off-the-field role (3), or was at an FCS (with the exception of Guidry who was give a promotion at Marshall - 3).
With all those words, are you basically saying you're bitter for not getting a job on the staff?

Every single one of them excite me. Not one single one of them has me questioning anything at all.

A great mix of young and old, local and not. A good mix of guys from big schools with solid recruiting grounds.

bump. some might want to refresh their memory.
And they are all still accurate, moron. Every single one of them.

That staff wouldn't have gotten any reasonable person excited. It's why half of them are no longer at Marshall, and I believe some may be at the high school level.

And they are all still accurate, moron. Every single one of them.

That staff wouldn't have gotten any reasonable person excited. It's why half of them are no longer at Marshall, and I believe some may be at the high school level.
well lets see
Tim Crsamsey is OC at Memphis
Lance Guidry is DC at Miami of Florida
Jeremy Springer is an asst with the LA Rams of the NFL coaching special teams
Eddy Morrissy is OL coach at Rhode Island
Dominiques Bowman went to Arkansas and is now at Temple
I think, but might be wrong, all of the rest are at MU.

well lets see
Tim Crsamsey is OC at Memphis
Lance Guidry is DC at Miami of Florida
Jeremy Springer is an asst with the LA Rams of the NFL coaching special teams
Eddy Morrissy is OL coach at Rhode Island
Dominiques Bowman went to Arkansas and is now at Temple
I think, but might be wrong, all of the rest are at MU.
Maybe discussing successful coaches that are able to continue coaching careers is not his thing.

ADVERTISEMENT