ADVERTISEMENT

"When I found out I was going to play my final game in Boca Raton....."

Herd Fever

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 25, 2008
"I fell to my knees and thanked The Lord"

Many of you "fans" that have blasted this bowl fail to realize this bowl isn't for you, isn't for perception, it's for the players ESPECIALLY the 30+ players from Florida. You have to remember, minus 6 weeks out of the year they are in WV training hard, studying hard, and playing hard for Marshall. This bowl is not only a reward for them but a way to play in front a ton of family and friends who can't afford to see them play live and in person.

Another good read about the bowl

Florida State has a bunch of players from south Florida. Tallahassee is about 8 hours away from south Florida.

I bet their players would have been pissed to head to Boca Raton instead of heading out to California.

The bowl isn't just for the players Fever. I often take up for you but maybe you are as dense as most on here say.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Then who would it before then?

The last time I checked you don't wake up at 4:30 in the morning to workout in the cold at 5am in February.

You're not risking your body each time you put on pads

How many gasses did you run this summer

How man hours did you spend studying film into the wee hours of the night

Hell when was the last time you had to sift through your newsfeed on Facebook or Twitter and find endless amount of criticism for a dropped pass from people who never played the sport.

This bowl game is for the players and coaches and them only because they are putting in the hardwork to please your ass

Originally posted by Herd Fever:
Many of you "fans" that have blasted this bowl fail to realize this bowl isn't for you, isn't for perception, it's for the players
I'm gonna be a bad "fan" and say that these guys get free educations, free room and board, free food, not to mention access to personal trainers and coaches to help them improve their primary skill in life (to this point). All for playing at a penultimate level of college football, where few if any of them will ever make a penny playing football professionally, anywhere, at any point in their lives.

When you realize that none of it would even exist without millions in funding from the university at large, taxpayers, and their fellow (paying) students, it seems obtuse to act like the people who comprise the legitimate portion of the funding stream shouldn't be a concern - much less spit in their eye.

And MichiganHerd, did Florida State have the option to play in Boca Raton???

This post was edited on 12/23 9:53 AM by ARandomHerdFan

So then licious, withdraw your support, stop paying your taxes then

I'm sure the players and coaches won't give a flying f*ck because they are still going to show up to train hard, practice hard! and play hard for the fans who don't think as selfish as you. It's hilarious that you feel that way

MichiganHerd - Your comparison has little relevance to Marshall's situation. We are Marshall not Florida State. Our choices were Florida or Texas to play in lower ranked bowls NOT California to be one of the 4 playoff teams. Our Florida players are in WV away from home most of the year and happy for the chance to play in Florida. FSU Florida players are going to college in their home state of Florida and would like to see another part of the USA.
I wish we could have played a P5 school in a major bowl too. But that option was not available after our loss to WKU (maybe even before our loss).

What about the other 40+ players that are not from Florida? I wonder how they feel?

Who wouldn't love to be in Florida this time of the year.

Jasperse put up a picture the other day that showed the temperature in Dallas and said "I love being in Florida this time of the year.......Best Decision Ever" he is from North Carolina. So there goes your theory

Fever, you really need to chill with the personal attacks,

I'm all for some good-natured back-and-forth, but you take it a bit far.

Really?? Where was my personal attacks??

I guess it's fine to attack the players and staff but not each other when fellow "fans" attack the decisions of the people that matter the most

I guess it's fine to attack the players and staff but not each other when fellow "fans" attack the decisions of the people that matter the most
I took care of the one in this thread where you said someone was "retarded," but it's something that you do on a consistent basis.

I didn't see anyone attack the players and the staff in this thread.

Glad to see one guy is excited for this game... Multiple threads worth of great "fan" comments.

Herd Fever gets the gold star of fandom for the year 2014!

Guys it's 2 days before Christmas... Can we all please put down the gloves for a few days, and enjoy the fact that today is "Game Day" and we get to watch our beloved Herd one more time before we go into hibernation?

BTW I'm a voice actor by profession, (this is not me in this video), but this clip always make me laugh because is is so true and tends to "lighten the room" so to speak with I have to do a session like this at Turner or Sports South from time to time..

Merry Christmas!

Santa Session

I bet future generations of marshall players would fall to their knees and thank the Lord for the opportunity of playing in a major bowl game. But since we are apparently content being the MAC Champs they may not have that opportunity. Mine and I believe everyone else's point wasn't that this was a bad bowl for the kids, but it was a bad bowl to grow our program and our brand. Southern Miss several years ago decided to go to a bowl in Hawaii to reward the kids because like you said it's not about the fans or perception, it's about the kids... ask any of their fans and they will tell you that was an awful decision. You don't pick a bowl based on where the 20 year Olds in your program want to play, you pick a bowl based on what makes your program better and garners more national recognition. And many of us believed that the bowl that was better was in Texas.

The southern miss kids wanted to go to the HOD or the Liberty bowl so more of their fans and family could go.

Fedora wanted to go to HAWAII

Get those facts straight

Yet fever will continue to start threads bitching about all the negativity on the board. Guess it's cuz hes so "positive".

Yup, do you have a problem??

I'll continue to do so until a loud minority of our fanbase finally "gets it"

Dude why are we even arguing about this? It's the day of the game? To my knowledge most of the talk of whether or not we should be in this bowl had died down. Now you come on here and start a new thread, totally stirring the pot, and then complain about said "fans" opinions, you knew where going to come out. How sad is your life bro? By my count you just:
Started a thread for no reason to call out other fans.
In said thread you complained about fans being negative.
By doing this you were being negative.
Then you complain about people complaining about you.

You want fans to support the team in Boca? Stop creating stupid threads about an issue that is a non issue! Talk about the game... stop calling out other fans for their opinions. We all want what's best for Marshall, we happen to disagree on how that's possible. Are you that small that you HAVE to try and prove you're right on EVERY issue? Let it go.

Why doesn't everyone stop their damn whining about the game and enjoy the game tonight and support the team!

Originally posted by jcwv50:
Why doesn't everyone stop their damn whining about the game and enjoy the game tonight and support the team!
I like the way you think.
happy0003.r191677.gif

Yup, do you have a problem??

I'll continue to do so until a loud minority of our fanbase finally "gets it"
Yes, yes I do. I get sick of people down our fans, calling them pathetic, questioning people's true fandom. This issue died two weeks ago, yet you insist on keeping it going. If you hate the negativity so much, stop feeding into it. Because from where I sit, one of the most negative people on this board is you. Just because you direct it towards other fans, doesn't mean you bitch and moan any less than the people you insist on continually calling out. If you haven't noticed, you're not helping, and you are probably making things worse. Fans are allowed to have opinions, and believe it or not, they're allowed to be different from your opinion.

Just because somebody disagrees doesn't make them less of a fan, or you more of a fan. That attitude is damaging, not only to the fanbase, but to the athletic department as well. I'm just glad people care enough about Marshall football again to be vocal, complaining or not.
I didn't like the bowl decision in the least, and that does not make you holier than me, no matter what you think. Agreeing through green glasses with a cup of kelly kool-aid in your hand doesn't make you the Fan Czar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT