ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the Beloved Mike Hamrick?

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
What in the world is going on in the athletic department? The issues surrounding Doc and the football program is being kept too secret when other schools quickly announce firings and other staff issues but no, not Hamrick or Marshall. Hey Mike if you are reading this why not give us some info on what is going on. You are going to take a huge financial hit next year in season ticket sales if your coach - whom you are the boss of, can't make changes, get rid of buddies, and regain control. You are smart enough to know this but prolonging the agony is bound to come back and bite you in the pocket book. I think next year will be the lowest attendance since the 70s-80s. You have some tough decisions to make. And oh yeah how about reseating the Joan next year!

Same ole, same ole.

Unfortunately for you, and fortunately for this program, we are not firing everybody in the building, head coach, staff, and AD, because of ONE bad year.

You will have to deal with that, or be one (I suspect one of the very few) to actually follow through on your repeated promise to abandon the team next year. Probably you should.

Deja vu........the Snyder years.

Actually, totally different. Satan's Vile Servant, KO Marcum, ran off the best coach in Marshall history, in the spring, long after the season where coaches switch jobs. Left with keeping BP top assistant, which he would not do because everybody involved knew the lying and near criminality that KO was doing (just where is all that money we gave for the IPF that you LIED TO MY FACE and said we did not give, KO? ) or this Snyder character. So he went with Snyder. It was obvious from Jump Street that Snyder could not coach a lick.

But never fired. For FIVE LONG YEARS of total incompetence and failure. Lie up on lie from KO. Ineptitude up ineptitude from Snyder (and KO's equally pointless basketball operation) . Year on year of losing. All that had been built over a decade and a half, THE elite program in I-AA and then THE elite program in what we now call the G5. DESTROYED by KO Marcum.

Think of where this program would be today if KO Marcum never existed.

And, today a coach that has won championships had a bad year. Mostly because of a punk QB who has ALREADY BEEN RUN OFF.

Remember, in a couple of years, when we are right back on top, what you were saying today.

Oh, and link please to the "really our wins are not much" posts from previous years.

Actually, totally different. Satan's Vile Servant, KO Marcum, ran off the best coach in Marshall history, in the spring, long after the season where coaches switch jobs. Left with keeping BP top assistant, which he would not do because everybody involved knew the lying and near criminality that KO was doing (just where is all that money we gave for the IPF that you LIED TO MY FACE and said we did not give, KO? ) or this Snyder character. So he went with Snyder. It was obvious from Jump Street that Snyder could not coach a lick.

But never fired. For FIVE LONG YEARS of total incompetence and failure. Lie up on lie from KO. Ineptitude up ineptitude from Snyder (and KO's equally pointless basketball operation) . Year on year of losing. All that had been built over a decade and a half, THE elite program in I-AA and then THE elite program in what we now call the G5. DESTROYED by KO Marcum.

And, today a coach that has won championships had a bad year. Mostly because of a punk QB who has ALREADY BEEN RUN OFF.

Remember, in a couple of years, when we are right back on top, what you were saying today.

Oh, and link please to the "really our wins are not much" posts from previous years.

Doc has one championship not with a S. He does have 3 Losing Seasons.

The program appears to be a dumpster fire. The offense is beyond anemic. The defense might be slightly better than anemic. The talent level is down perhaps to at or below Snyder era.

We lost 4 home games this year. We gave up 60 plus points twice at home. One of those beatings was by Akron. Let that sink in. It wasn't Alabama, Ohio State, or even wvu that was freakin' Akron.

Doc is not a good X and O coach at all. Bill Legg is a retread coordinator. Frankly, Marshall needs to stop running the football program and Athletic Dept like it is hiring your cousins and neighbors at the WVDOT.

I am not sure we will be any better next year. Count me out as far as going out of my way to support them with time or money. We are one of the worst teams in IA football. We couldn't win a FCS conference championship right now.

Agree about KO. Worst hire in the history of our school. I think Litton will be back, no one will be fired, and I think it will take at least 2 years just to get back to a bowl. Just my gut. It's how MU rolls.

This isn't one bad year. We've played the WV deaf and blind school 10-11 times each season, this year we lost to them a bunch. If you're impressed by continually losing to WKU, MTSU, or anyone with a pulse....except this year when we lost to things that had no pulse, you're the problem.

If you're impressed by continually losing to WKU, MTSU, or anyone with a pulse....except this year when we lost to things that had no pulse, you're the problem.

Count me out as far as going out of my way to support them with time or money. We are one of the worst teams in IA football. We couldn't win a FCS conference championship right now.

I think Litton will be back, no one will be fired, and I think it will take at least 2 years just to get back to a bowl.

Yes, I am VERY impressed by championships and multi-win seasons. Still missing all those links to posts (except by the Spamies) that say really what we were doing for the last half decade was not all that. If you want to say "well, were not Alabama, the NOBODY else is Alabama. I know what level we are on and are happy with it.

OK. Run down to the Wal-Mart and pick up some USPAM gear. If you predicate your giving of your money and your "time" (clue: attending a ballgame is not giving your "time" to the program, it is them giving to you), enjoy. Don't let the screen door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

And, to both of you, no we who love this university, win or lose, athletics or academics, thick or thin, for LIFE are not the problem. You are.

Litton is already run off. Gone. If it takes another year to get back to a bowl (schedule is easier next year, but still it looks bad depending on who we get juco/grad transfer) then that is what it takes. I remember when we did not have a team, just ashes.

Go Herd.

Our last game of the season was 4 days ago. Calm down.

Now, if no coaching changes are made/announced within the next week and a half? I'd start getting frustrated myself.

Reactions: ToesMU
Yes, I am VERY impressed by championships and multi-win seasons. Still missing all those links to posts (except by the Spamies) that say really what we were doing for the last half decade was not all that. If you want to say "well, were not Alabama, the NOBODY else is Alabama. I know what level we are on and are happy with it.

OK. Run down to the Wal-Mart and pick up some USPAM gear. If you predicate your giving of your money and your "time" (clue: attending a ballgame is not giving your "time" to the program, it is them giving to you), enjoy. Don't let the screen door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

And, to both of you, no we who love this university, win or lose, athletics or academics, thick or thin, for LIFE are not the problem. You are.

Litton is already run off. Gone. If it takes another year to get back to a bowl (schedule is easier next year, but still it looks bad depending on who we get juco/grad transfer) then that is what it takes. I remember when we did not have a team, just ashes.

Go Herd.

Fans who relish mediocrity ARE the issue, not those of us who have given for years and continue to do so but feel there needs to be a checks and balances in the process and expect more. To support blindly, accept the weak excuses and hide behind the mantra of superfan is both foolish and comical at the same time.

Go Herd.

You know very little of what you talk about.

Also, championship*, not plural. We've only won CUSA one time in a year where we gave up 67 points to WKU and lost at home when they went 8-5.

Yes, you are a problem. We all love Marshall, some of us just aren't willing to watch the program fail and just sit there and smile. If all you want is a good record each year, well, we would have played this schedule. Turns out, we can't beat Charlotte at home though. We've been pretty good lately, '13 and '14. Built up good records each year with a patsy schedule. This is not acceptable to any self-respecting program

Reactions: HerdFan91
Championship singular, not plural.

2011 Beef O'Brady's Bowl CHAMPION
2013 CUSA East Division CHAMPION
2013 Military Bowl CHAMPION
2014 CUSA East Division CHAMPION
2014 CUSA CHAMPION
2014 Boca Raton Bowl CHAMPION
2015 St. Petersburg Bowl CHAMPION

Fans who relish mediocrity ARE the issue, not those of us who have given for years and continue to do so but feel there needs to be a checks and balances in the process and expect more. To support blindly, accept the weak excuses and hide behind the mantra of superfan is both foolish and comical at the same time.

Good luck with that. Just quit giving because of ONE bad year. Mean ole AD won't fire the coach. Mean ole university president won't fire the AD. We had a bad year. Fire everybody in the building. wah, wah, wah.

You probably ought to just follow USPAM and believe what Crapridi tells you over what you see on the field. Or maybe just bandwagon the Tide or Outlaw State.

Go Herd.

So you have a link to where you were protesting that the gear they were selling reading "St. Pete Bowl Champion" was all upsetting to you and how, THEN, you knew that we were not all that? Right?

ONE bad year. Punk QB, already run off. Two ACC opponents, one of them top 25. ONE bad year.

Remember what you have said. We all will.

Go Herd.

2011 Beef O'Brady's Bowl CHAMPION
2013 CUSA East Division CHAMPION
2013 Military Bowl CHAMPION
2014 CUSA East Division CHAMPION
2014 CUSA CHAMPION
2014 Boca Raton Bowl CHAMPION
2015 St. Petersburg Bowl CHAMPION

Good luck with that. Just quit giving because of ONE bad year. Mean ole AD won't fire the coach. Mean ole university president won't fire the AD. We had a bad year. Fire everybody in the building. wah, wah, wah.

You probably ought to just follow USPAM and believe what Crapridi tells you over what you see on the field. Or maybe just bandwagon the Tide or Outlaw State.

Go Herd.

You idiot. I wasn't the one who said I would quit giving. Take a Midol and chill out. I'd love to work for you. A person could dick around all day and get a raise.

So you have a link to where you were protesting that the gear they were selling reading "St. Pete Bowl Champion" was all upsetting to you and how, THEN, you knew that we were not all that? Right?

ONE bad year. Punk QB, already run off. Two ACC opponents, one of them top 25. ONE bad year.

Go Herd.

I've voiced concerns year after year about the future of this program. I voiced that I didn't believe we were very good last year at all, and we weren't. Our record is inflated because of who we play. We lost to two ACC teams, we also lost to Akron and Charlotte at home...FIU and North Texas and Old Dominion...embarrassing

What's your problem Sam? Get off here and go post on the WVU board. You can keep Doc, you can keep Hamrick, you can keep D'antoni. What do you have? Mediocrity. You can keep that too. For those of us giving there is no reason to keep giving. Whether you believe it or not - and I have no idea who you are nor do you know me (at least on this board) we all have one thing in common - love of Marshall. What do not have in common is our desire to see change - not months or year from now but now - to reassure the fan base. Other programs have already fired or released coaches but not Marshall.
So you have your opinion and I can respect that. You need to do likewise.

Reactions: Elkview
So, you want to fire the AD, the head football coach, his staff, and the head basketball coach.

Any opinions about baseball? After all, we did not win the College World Series last year.

Would you be willing to give their replacements a full year contract, or do you just want them to work week to week? After all if ONE bad year is unacceptable, then why should we not fire everybody after every loss?

Busy hiring a kid to run the womens golf program vs being concerned about the football and hoops programs , you know golf is a serious money maker for the university and another cheap higher always bodes well.

What's your problem Sam? Get off here and go post on the WVU board. You can keep Doc, you can keep Hamrick, you can keep D'antoni. What do you have? Mediocrity. You can keep that too. For those of us giving there is no reason to keep giving. Whether you believe it or not - and I have no idea who you are nor do you know me (at least on this board) we all have one thing in common - love of Marshall. What do not have in common is our desire to see change - not months or year from now but now - to reassure the fan base. Other programs have already fired or released coaches but not Marshall.
Why get rid of D'antoni?

Hey all you guys with the answers, send them in; please send them in. But I do have a question, "why haven't you acted like this when we were actually winning?" If you've seen it coming, had that very special "insight" into what was coming; why didn't you raise cain and be heard by the Admin then? Where was your formal forewarning? Where were your alternatives? Where was the value proposition to ell your ideas; prove your way way more correct than the one we followed? I'm amazed at how easy some folks try to rewrite history. Two years ago at this time we were mildly in contention for a 12/31 or 1/1 bowl. Surely your concepts, ideas, forewarnings should have been submitted, sold, etc. then.

And just because some of us don't want to turn the whole department upside down due to a unacceptable year doesn't mean we accept medorocity; that's just a quick-tongue method of defraying our input. If you have valid reasons that you can quote where Doc or Hamrick have betrayed the public trust, state them. If they;re just your opinion, make sure you state them that way. Facts matter, particularly right now.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I can't speak for anybody else, but I personally HAVE been railing against:

vanilla offense, constant attrition , state secrets , always being last in penalties , a coach that doesn't want to be a coach to troubled kids he chooses to bring in just dictate or cut loose, players that disappear for 3-4 game chunks at a time, absurdly conservative strategy, losing to
MAC teams , and losing the majority of games against any opponent that can be labeled "decent".

vanilla offense, constant attrition , state secrets , always being last in penalties , a coach that doesn't want to be a coach to troubled kids he chooses to bring in just dictate or cut loose, players that disappear for 3-4 game chunks at a time, absurdly conservative strategy, losing to
MAC teams , and losing the majority of games against any opponent that can be labeled "decent".

"super fans" don't see this..........

The basketball team just beat Ohio I will keep DD. Doc Not sure

You could also add "hearing the same ol sh!t again and again at pressers. I know there will always be coachspeak, but come on. I don't necessarily want to see Doc go, but this offensive playbook has gotta go (i.e. Legg can carry it with him on his way out of the building for the last time). I also don't want to see any young men robbing pizza delivery drivers, but if they make a mistake (a felony is not a mistake, btw) on twitter on social media then we shouldn't boot them. Doc isn't the X's and O's guy. That's evident. He needs someone around him who can be. Also, please get a young QB coach NOT named Pennington. Somebody in another thread said Press Taylor. I'd be all for that. #CHUCKTHEPIGSKIN

You know, you can keep repeating incorrect statements for as many years as you'd like...still doesn't make it true.

Go Herd.

Bowl games are not championships. Conference(not division) championships and national championships count. Winning the Beef O Brady Bowl doesn't count. Heck, half the teams in FBS football go to a bowl game.

Doc has one. Thankfully for him and us UCF wasn't in the conference that year or it would be ZERO.

Reminder, Doc has 3 losing seasons. Not one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT