ADVERTISEMENT

Whos to blame

Go Vote^^
This is on Doc. Its a recruiting problem. This team should not be rebuilding and not in a league as watered down as CUSA. The players that are being brought in and then not making it for whatever reason is killing this program. Doc goes after the big talent but most of those kids have academic and/or social issues thus leaving the team de-void of true leadership and depth. As I mention one way to fix this issue is to have a better walkon program for instate kids. Chas Hancock is one of our team leaders on defense as a walkon. We need more of these kinds of kids. They work hard and play with heart because they are from WV and want to represent the state.

For some odd reason Doc is not interested in recruiting local kids

Dear Eerbilly lurker poster and troll. Thank you for your continued interest in Marshall. As I'm certain you are aware we are having a difficult season. However the state too is having difficulties economically. Since you seem to live on our boards why not visit Huntington and play a game? It will keep revenue in state and allow the kids from WV to play in an intra state rival match up.....or do you not believe in state players should get that opportunity?

Kinda stepped into that one didn't you all eerbilly. Yes I hear you went to Marshall, then if you did support the in state series.

Finally Doc had huge recruits from WV in this year we lost them just like Dana the drunk did.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Hey all eers, You must not know much about football. In the state of West Virginia you may get 1 or 2 players that are legitimate D-1 players. The level of competition in this state does not come close to Florida, Virginia, Georgia etc.

This is on Doc. Its a recruiting problem. This team should not be rebuilding and not in a league as watered down as CUSA. The players that are being brought in and then not making it for whatever reason is killing this program. Doc goes after the big talent but most of those kids have academic and/or social issues thus leaving the team de-void of true leadership and depth. As I mention one way to fix this issue is to have a better walkon program for instate kids. Chas Hancock is one of our team leaders on defense as a walkon. We need more of these kinds of kids. They work hard and play with heart because they are from WV and want to represent the state.

For some odd reason Doc is not interested in recruiting local kids

You are completely wrong about local recruiting, and you have to go after talent if you want to move your program up and become perennial conference champions. We have had some bad luck with injuries to some high level recruits and some stupidity on some of our players parts, but that happens at just about every program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT