ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State considering adding football and joining the Mountain West

They prob have the big donors to help propel them to a Mountain West type football program, as well.

Why not? According to the article they still have a 30K seat stadium, although 30 years of disuse probably means it needs more than a good power washing. It is a 16K student school, in a city of 500K, with something of a national name due to basketball. It is more than 2 hours drive to the two Kansas cupcakes of the Big 2, Little 8, and more than 3 to Kansas City's pro teams. Never been there, but it doesn't sound like a place all eat up with things to do. Why couldn't such a community find 20K or so people willing to support a football program?

Why not? According to the article they still have a 30K seat stadium, although 30 years of disuse probably means it needs more than a good power washing.

Yep, they sure do. Doesn't look that bad to be honest. I think they still use it for track and concerts. Put a new facilities building in one of the endzones and they would be all set.

BLN5FUPCQAAlkWG.jpg
69d1009fb5250bbcdfbf002ccaaf46ecd0d1474d.jpg-590x1000.png

I wonder if bringbackshockerfootball.com will be resurrected, it was up and running up until somewhat recently (a year or so), although it had not been updated in quite a number of years.

Why not? According to the article they still have a 30K seat stadium, although 30 years of disuse probably means it needs more than a good power washing. It is a 16K student school, in a city of 500K, with something of a national name due to basketball. It is more than 2 hours drive to the two Kansas cupcakes of the Big 2, Little 8, and more than 3 to Kansas City's pro teams. Never been there, but it doesn't sound like a place all eat up with things to do. Why couldn't such a community find 20K or so people willing to support a football program?

Kansas State is a cupcake?? That's news to me

I hope they add football & join CUSA. Then we could play them in basketball some seasons. Greg & Dan (good buddies) would sell out The Cam for sure.....

HerdZilla22 in CHARLOTTE

I hope they add football & join CUSA. Then we could play them in basketball some seasons. Greg & Dan (good buddies) would sell out The Cam for sure.....

HerdZilla22 in CHARLOTTE

Football game would be an emotional event. Believe that the Shockers had a deadly air crash also with several team members killed prior to the Marshall crash. I think it was a major factor in the school dropping football. Just wonder how many in the Shocker community look at what we did at MU, post crash, and what our program has achieved, and wonder ". . what if . .".
"FROM THE ASHES WE ROSE"!!!

Football game would be an emotional event. Believe that the Shockers had a deadly air crash also with several team members killed prior to the Marshall crash. I think it was a major factor in the school dropping football. Just wonder how many in the Shocker community look at what we did at MU, post crash, and what our program has achieved, and wonder ". . what if . .".
"FROM THE ASHES WE ROSE"!!!

Wichita State did lose 1/2 of their football team in a plane crash in 1970 but they didn't stop playing football until 1986.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT