ADVERTISEMENT

RIVALS Will Kiffin get another shot at a Power Five school?

Lane Kiffin took a pay cut to become head coach at FAU. The Owls package pays him around $1-million dollars......whereas his salary as Offensive Coordinator at Alabama was listed at $1.4 million. FAU paid him big $$$$ to come to Boca after firing Charlie Patridge ($590,000). The Owls lost opening games at home to Navy [42-19] and at Wisconsin [31-14]. They have been lighting the scoreboard up the past 4-weeks with lopsided victories over MTSU, OD, North Texas, and WKU last Saturday. I predict he may be at FAU one more year and then he will take his Twitter-Show to another well know school. I doubt the Gators would select him...too much baggage for Florida's AD to risk his job. Monty Kiffin (his dad) was a "different guy" too.....he was a clown while coaching NC State.....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
Reactions: sistersville
Everyone calls Kiffjn a bad coach but what does that make our coach? He beat him with recruits that weren't his.

Reactions: herdinmichigan
He stands a better chance to getting a Power job again if he could play teams coached by Holiday and Legg every week!!!

Reactions: MARSHALL77
His career has been a steady slide downward. He always shoots himself in the foot somehow.....

He never could stay in one spot...Tennessee, USC, Alabama, and I'm sure I may have missed another school.
He's too young and enough of a name to stay there for long. I'm not sure what expectations the FAU AD had for him but he's probably exceeded those.

He will not get a shot, directly, at the top SEC/ACC schools due to his previous disloyalty and childlike behavior. He will take the first lower level job in one of those leagues within the next 3 years, leaving FAU on probation (and, BTW, still fanless as FAU's big experiment in tossing up big $$ at their sports programs will still no make anyone care). He will then leave that school on probation and head for a top SEC or ACC or Pac 12 (where he really wants to be) school or the NFL.

He will not get a shot, directly, at the top SEC/ACC schools due to his previous disloyalty and childlike behavior. He will take the first lower level job in one of those leagues within the next 3 years, leaving FAU on probation (and, BTW, still fanless as FAU's big experiment in tossing up big $$ at their sports programs will still no make anyone care). He will then leave that school on probation and head for a top SEC or ACC or Pac 12 (where he really wants to be) school or the NFL.

You were one of many who suggested he wouldn’t do a damn thing at FAU. What you saw last night is an ability to coach and lead a group of kids, who are not his recruits, to buy in to a system...in less than one season.

No excuses of young
No excuses of next year
No excuses of lack of talent
No excuses...period.

Regardless of his relationship with Saban, or past issues at other schools, it’s apparent based on post game interview...he’s learned some things.

In less than a year with the program, he will have them playin for a league title. Marshall will be left hoping for next year.

Reactions: HerdFan73 and JC102
You were one of many who suggested he wouldn’t do a damn thing at FAU.

In less than a year with the program, he will have them playin for a league title. Marshall will be left hoping for next year.

Umm, so far he has I-AA HBCU Bethune-Cookman, Middle, ODU, North Texas, WKU and us. That is exactly zero teams that are certain to have a winning record. If you are going to play the CUSA is nothing and never beats anybody with a winning record card on Doc, you have to play it for everyone in OUR league.

The point is that the upper level is so willing to jump from coach to coach now, that Lame will get recycled at some place like Wake or Arkansas or wherever. FAU will be left on probation and still unable to give seats away.

Umm, so far he has I-AA HBCU Bethune-Cookman, Middle, ODU, North Texas, WKU and us. That is exactly zero teams that are certain to have a winning record. If you are going to play the CUSA is nothing and never beats anybody with a winning record card on Doc, you have to play it for everyone in OUR league.

The point is that the upper level is so willing to jump from coach to coach now, that Lame will get recycled at some place like Wake or Arkansas or wherever. FAU will be left on probation and still unable to give seats away.

I gotta admit, the place looked pretty empty for a team with an undefeated conference record and a major turnaround from 3-9 last season...along with a coach with a name people would know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT