ADVERTISEMENT

Will We Have a Homecoming Game?

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Florida Atlantic had 27 players test positive. Puts our game in doubt. Will MH be able to find a replacement team IF FAU is unable to play?

On the CUSA board FAU fans are saying many of the players have been in quarantine for some time and most should be ready for our game. fwiw.

That was last week, so there is a chance many of the players could be back to play next weekend. A replacement opponent would be really hard to find if the game was to be cancelled. I'm sticking by the assumption that they're ass, they know they're ass, and they have no interest in taking the L.

Side note: boy, Willie Taggart sure knows how to run a program, huh?

On the CUSA board FAU fans are saying many of the players have been in quarantine for some time and most should be ready for our game. fwiw.
I've read the same. They said many of the exposed were so before last weeks outbreak. Those guys should be back and available per a FAU release that I read. They specifically mentioned the Marshall game

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
A replacement opponent wont happen at this point – 8 days out... Everything I have read says FAU "should" be able to play next week in Huntington.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Now the game in 2 weeks in Miami is questionable. FIU postponed tomorrow's game at Charlotte

This just sucks. Here we are having a good season and we are going to be lucky to play 8-9 games cause our conference mates can't get their sh^^ together. It might cost us a Top 25 finish if we don't play enough games this year. Of course we all know that C-USA has someone in the top 25 every yr.... just kidding.

Reactions: herd66
This just sucks. Here we are having a good season and we are going to be lucky to play 8-9 games cause our conference mates can't get their sh^^ together. It might cost us a Top 25 finish if we don't play enough games this year. Of course we all know that C-USA has someone in the top 25 every yr.... just kidding.

It’s a difficult situation I’m sure, but I have to feel like there could have been a game had last Saturday had we really wanted one bad enough.

By moving the championship game to the 3rd weekend of Dec, it gives Marshall 3 open weeks at the end of the year to get some games. I have to believe the conference will schedule 1 or 2 conference games for everybody the first 2 weeks in December

By moving the championship game to the 3rd weekend of Dec, it gives Marshall 3 open weeks at the end of the year to get some games. I have to believe the conference will schedule 1 or 2 conference games for everybody the first 2 weeks in December

I agree... In a perfect world CUSA would come out and say "Here it is, we've added two CUSA games at the end of the year" and they would give Marshall a game with Rice at home (which was already scheduled/postponed) and a random road game in the west... But CUSA is a Clown Car towing a dumpster, so we will probably have to try to scrounge something together ourselves.

MH needs to be putting the pressure on Rice to come to Huntington either Nov. 28 or Dec. 5.

Reactions: Herdmeister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT