ADVERTISEMENT

WKU game on TV

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
If anybody cares, the basketball game at WKU is on Fox College Sports Channel. That is channel 608 on DirecTV. The channel is also on Crumcast and Suddenstink.

3:00 Sunday.

My first reaction when I saw this was why would you want to watch a replay of the 67-66 game? Then I remembered that's probably preferable to watching Herd hoops this year.

Did the announcer really just say 'TJ just found a wet spot?"
laugh.r191677.gif

How likely is it that the herd doesn't win another game? I'd say there is a pretty fair chance of that happening.

Too painful to watch Worst team I've seen, worse than last year. A long, long, way to go. Could take years and a whole new cast, coaching, players, etc.

Originally posted by herdu:

Too painful to watch Worst team I've seen, worse than last year. A long, long, way to go. Could take years and a whole new cast, coaching, players, etc.
Not sure if they are the worse or not. Can't decide between this team or Jirsa's last team.

Originally posted by herd1990:
What place would this team finish in the WVIAC?
The WVIAC broke up a couple years ago. The better teams are now the Mountain East conference, along with some Ohio and Virginia schools. MU definitely would lose several games in that league. I would be certain to say there is no Div I conference, even the real bottom feeders like the Big South, MEAC or SWAC, where MU would finish in the top half of the league. It is that bad.

Originally posted by The Real SamC:
Originally posted by herd1990:
What place would this team finish in the WVIAC?
The WVIAC broke up a couple years ago. The better teams are now the Mountain East conference, along with some Ohio and Virginia schools. MU definitely would lose several games in that league. I would be certain to say there is no Div I conference, even the real bottom feeders like the Big South, MEAC or SWAC, where MU would finish in the top half of the league. It is that bad.
Mountain East even has Notre Dame.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by herdu:

At I would say we're two coaching hires away from hope. The guy who takes over for D'Antoni is doomed - an empty cupboard might be preferable to a mish-mash of European D-III players with scholarships you have to honor.

If you want to blame anyone for the mess our basketball team is currently in. Blame Herrion! He did the same thing at the College of Charleston when he was head coach. He had no control, brought in thugs and ran them and the Herd into the ground. D'Antoni took over a mess and will take some time to get it on solid ground. The hire took to long and Herrion should have been shown the door way before his last year.

I didn't realize that conference was gone. I grew up in St Albans in the 70's and 80's but moved away after graduating from MU in 1990. I was there for the days of skip, Taft, curry, wade. Some fun basketball to watch. How times have changed. I agree that Herrion left us holding a bag of doo doo. Hope Dan can get us back to respectability in the next couple years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT