ADVERTISEMENT

WKU, LA Tech, UAB...

We're two great red zone stands from being down at the half. Let's hold off on the Husky hate until after we actually beat them.

So would Illinois. The team we should have played this bowl season. Bash me if you want. It sucks that we are playing these guys.

i'm not just looking at the score....

these guys wouldn't win CUSA East or West (with us out)

Wait, all we heard for two weeks beside the bowl game being sold out was how great this NIU team was.

Now they suck?

The same slow Midwestern bullshit we saw for years in the Mac.

They play one good team each year in a bowl and get hammered. That is not a coincidence.

Originally posted by herdfan429:
We better hope la tech beat the ever loving snot out of Illinois
If they do not it will be interesting to hear what may be said regarding the game we would have given Illinois , CUSA will be said to have sent the wrong team to Dallas.

Originally posted by SHAMMOND16:
NIU vs the B10 last 3 years: 3-1
record of those 4 teams:

18-31

the NIU team we just played wouldn't finish better than 5th in either Big10 division...

I honestly don't think NIU is horrible. It's easy to say now because we killed them, but they're a team that's gone 58-8 or something like that in the same time we've gone 35-25. They're not a horrible team by any means, and they'd be decent in the C-USA. With that being said, we kicked their ass and we'd do the same to Illinois. Good game, good choice playing them, I have no qualms with us playing and dominating in this bowl game.

If we had played Illinois and beat them they would have ended at 6-7. Thus, we would have been credited with beating yet another team with a losing record. At least NIU had a winning record.

Arkansas might be the best 6-6 team of all time and is one of the worst match-ups possible for a G5 because of their NFL caliber line.

Let it f****** go. We deserved a better team but we destroyed the best team in Illinois and one of the best G5 teams.

Originally posted by andy4theherd:

NIU vs the B10 last 3 years: 3-1
record of those 4 teams:

18-31

the NIU team we just played wouldn't finish better than 5th in either Big10 division...
...you don't know that.

We do know they can compete with the middle to bottom of the B10. Maryland, with a 4-4 conference record, finished 3rd in their division. Iowa, who NIU has proven they can play with, finished 4th (ahead of Illinois) in their division. You might be right, but again, you can't say for certain.

But if you want to question how good teams really are based on not beating anyone of substance, why don't we look at the "BCS" level teams we played in the 90s when we became D-1A in 1997:
1997:
wvu (7-5)- L
Ole Miss (8-4)- L
1998:
So Carolina (1-10)- W
1999:
Clemson (6-6)- W
Temple (2-9)- W

We were 3-2 against them. Those teams had a combined record of 24-34. If you want to crap on NIU for beating below average B10 teams, you're going to have to crap on our teams in the 90s. They didn't play anybody either. I guess they weren't any good either.

Why does it feel like I'm arguing with wvu fans all of a sudden over here? Most of you guys have stolen their talking points. Come up with something original.

We were 3-2 against them. Those teams had a combined record of 24-34. If you want to crap on NIU for beating below average B10 teams, you're going to have to crap on our teams in the 90s. They didn't play anybody either. I guess they weren't any good either.

Why does it feel like I'm arguing with wvu fans all of a sudden over here? Most of you guys have stolen their talking points. Come up with something original.
OUR TEAMS FROM THE '90'S DIDN'T GET BEAT BY ANYONE 52-23............

Originally posted by andy4theherd:

OUR TEAMS FROM THE '90'S DIDN'T GET BEAT BY ANYONE 52-23............
Well....in '97 we did lose 45-21 to Miami (OH).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT