ADVERTISEMENT

Woke athletes

By the way, my flag flies proudly at my house every day!
1200px-Equality_House_-_Rainbow_House_Across_Street_from_Westboro_Baptist_Church%2C_Topeka%2C_Kansas_%2830224409157%29.jpg

You outraged super patriots might wanna read about what actually happened. They did not kneel during the anthem. They knelt prior to to game along with the entire Swedish team, along with every other team, in a show of support against discrimination and racism. Now carry on with your faux outrage. Read if you want the real story

From the article: The Americans had decided earlier this year to stop kneeling during the anthem.

So there’s also that…
The "real story"???

More like being opportunistic by hiding behind something else. But yeah, go ahead and blindly follow the narrative you are being sold...

"The IOC allows gestures of activism — if permitted by that sport’s governing body — only before or after the official start of events at the Olympics...

Podium protests are still off-limits"

Umm, when are the national anthems played at the Olympics???

Same here. This probably drives the Trumpers nuts. You know, those ones that took down Old Glory and fly their Trump flags, which are quickly becoming tattered pieces of shit.
why would it bother anybody? Plus, you are an independent?

So let's say a guy comes to Marshall to play ball. Has a jersey that says Marshall. He thinks John Marshall was a son of a bitch bad guy. He kneels and turns his back during the alma mater and says matter of fact, I don't want the name Marshall on my jersey. But, hey I love the University but John Marshall was a son of a bitch bad guy. I love all the fellow students and fans. But this university has a tainted past with old John Marshall and it was here when it was Virginia and the confederate flag flew over Guyandotte for a bit. I am going to kneel when the band plays the alma mater or fight song. And, I am going to put black tape over Marshall on my jersey.

What would you guys think? What would the fans and alumni think? What would the coaches think?

So let's say a guy comes to Marshall to play ball. Has a jersey that says Marshall. He thinks John Marshall was a son of a bitch bad guy. He kneels and turns his back during the alma mater and says matter of fact, I don't want the name Marshall on my jersey. But, hey I love the University but John Marshall was a son of a bitch bad guy. I love all the fellow students and fans. But this university has a tainted past with old John Marshall and it was here when it was Virginia and the confederate flag flew over Guyandotte for a bit. I am going to kneel when the band plays the alma mater or fight song. And, I am going to put black tape over Marshall on my jersey.

What would you guys think? What would the fans and alumni think? What would the coaches think?
I asked the same question about Duke University on here last year. The Duke family wealth and part of it's campus was built with slave blood. We cant even calculate the millions of deaths the tobacco they grew caused. All those poor innocent children, and increased black mortality...

The worst part? My God, it was affiliated with an evil Christian organization too. (Where is BLM when we really need them to bring attention to institutions capitalizing on systemic racism and inequality????)

Yet people lost/lose their minds over the name on a box of rice or shitty pancake syrup. Remember when a 60 year old shopping center had to change their name in Raleigh because it was named after a family who owned the land (and slaves) 3 or 4 generations prior?

Dont even get me started on Guyandotte. Land stolen from the indians and granted to a white rich dude after the French and Indian war....

why would it bother anybody? Plus, you are an independent?
There's no independents to these Trumper bastards. It's either TRUMP or COMMIE. Never Trump Republican? Commie.

I buy a new American flag every year. And not some cheap piece of shit either, I get the Gettysburg Flag Works "Battle Tough" flag. So I have the best damn looking Old Glory on the block. The old one still looks really good after a year, but I want those colors to POP, so it's a spring ritual for me. Meanwhile the Trumpers down the block are flying a blue Trump rag that looks like it went through a CAT 5 hurricane. And no American flag for them, which shows they are treasonists in a cult.

Reactions: imherdfan
There's no independents to these Trumper bastards. It's either TRUMP or COMMIE. Never Trump Republican? Commie.

I buy a new American flag every year. And not some cheap piece of shit either, I get the Gettysburg Flag Works "Battle Tough" flag. So I have the best damn looking Old Glory on the block. The old one still looks really good after a year, but I want those colors to POP, so it's a spring ritual for me. Meanwhile the Trumpers down the block are flying a blue Trump rag that looks like it went through a CAT 5 hurricane. And no American flag for them, which shows they are treasonists in a cult.
How is that treasonists. Is the old lady flying a butterfly flag treasonists?

How is that treasonists. Is the old lady flying a butterfly flag treasonists?
Because they put up a pole for the American flag, flew the American flag, took down their American flag, and now fly only the Trump flag. That fvcking thing has been up for two years straight now. They pledge their allegiance to a man, not the nation or the constitution.

I don't take down Old Glory. If it's game day, I've got a Marshall flag that flies off the porch. Nothing replaces the red, white, and blue. Hell I fly a second American flag off the back deck on holidays when we are having a cookout. AMERICA: love it or leave it, Trumpers.

Because they put up a pole for the American flag, flew the American flag, took down their American flag, and now fly only the Trump flag. That fvcking thing has been up for two years straight now. They pledge their allegiance to a man, not the nation or the constitution.

I don't take down Old Glory. If it's game day, I've got a Marshall flag that flies off the porch. Nothing replaces the red, white, and blue. Hell I fly a second American flag off the back deck on holidays when we are having a cookout. AMERICA: love it or leave it, Trumpers.
I have a similar set up. American Flag on the pole, wife has some Betsy Ross garden flag thing, and we have a 82nd Airborne garden flag in the front flower garden.

My back covered decked a US Army plaque, Flag Plaque, Another US Army Board Type thing, and a cool metal shark that a guy at the coast made(SOB is heavy and would kill someone if it falls but I like it).

No, I do not have a Trump flag before anyone says it.

Are you sure it is the "Trumpers" that don't love America???
If a Trumper is flying a raggedy assed Trump flag instead of the American flag, I am 100% sure.

and a cool metal shark that a guy at the coast made(SOB is heavy and would kill someone if it falls but I like it).

That's cool. My wife has some butterflies made out of rebar, you could beat a man to death with one in no time.

If a Trumper is flying a raggedy assed Trump flag instead of the American flag, I am 100% sure.

And since you are 100% sure of that what is your opinion of others that disrespect the flag and all that it stands for? Should I provide examples?

Same here. This probably drives the Trumpers nuts. You know, those ones that took down Old Glory and fly their Trump flags, which are quickly becoming tattered pieces of shit.
Honest question, is dump the 1st potus to have people fly a flag like that for him?

I see those things and automatically know the person flying it can't have an IQ above room temperature.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Honest question, is dump the 1st potus to have people fly a flag like that for him?

I see those things and automatically know the person flying it can't have an IQ above room temperature.
Maybe there were some? The fact you can ask and not know tells you he was the first for it to actually be a thing.

Reactions: alphasig1053
You ever seen the Elvis velvet paintings? Millions more of those out there. Elvis could have been POTUS.

It's called fleecing the rubes. Them flags ain't free.
The part that amazes me is all the smart people who can't figure why he was elected.

They know why...you just don't like the why's they give.

Your interpretation of dots as buttsecks.
I don't like them? You all don't like them.

I know the hand the academics play and they take the simple way out. They don't look at the whole big picture. Hint, a large segment of our population is tired of the bureaucrats in DC.

That's the easy way out. Deep down you know there is more it to it than always playing the race card.
Is it really racism if the concerns are economic? Would American corporations move jobs to China if Chinamen were white? Of course they would...but white people won't work for pennies a day. I've been consistent that Trump's win was due to economic issues...why else would I have said Sanders would have put up a better fight than fvcking Hillary?

That said, to ignore the race issue is to bury your head in the sand. Good people on both sides, you know...deep down you know what many of your fellow Trumpers are about. The majority? Probably not. But many, many of them. The Trump flag is the new rebel flag. Lots of ugly in the open. Lots of ugly in the open on the left too...but it is from farther to the left than the ugly is on the right, which has gotten fairly mainstream. How can I prove that? The centrist Democrat won.

The centrist Democrat won.

Really???

I notice you said THE centrist instead of A centrist...

Centrist Democrats are virtually extinct as your Freudian slip indicates. Tulsi Gabbard was likely the only one running for president as a Democrat and she didn't win.

Reactions: 19MU88
Yet one is in the White House....one from WV seems to have the Senate by the balls...there's that hot one in the Senate we all want to bang....

The, one of, blah blah blah.
I bet out of 100 democrats 20% might be centrist and Joe Biden may have been a centrist but he is not now and that might be by choice or more likely he is not even in control of his party nor the White House. They are as far left as any party in my lifetime.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Yet one is in the White House....one from WV seems to have the Senate by the balls...there's that hot one in the Senate we all want to bang....

The, one of, blah blah blah.

Virtually - nearly; almost

A centrist is in the White House??? Do you believe in the tooth fairy too???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT