ADVERTISEMENT

Worst case

MUTHFAN

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2021
I’m sold on Huff right now and honestly would respect him if he could pull off a great season and move on.

That said he’s from Maryland and you would think WVU would be letting their coach go soon… I would not respect Huff if he went to WVU. Do you guys think that could be at all possible and be something to worry about?

I root for WVU when they’re not playing Marshall, would love to see the friends of coal bowl again one day, but would not be cool with them taking our coach.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
I’m sold on Huff right now and honestly would respect him if he could pull off a great season and move on.

That said he’s from Maryland and you would think WVU would be letting their coach go soon… I would not respect Huff if he went to WVU. Do you guys think that could be at all possible and be something to worry about?

I root for WVU when they’re not playing Marshall, would love to see the friends of coal bowl again one day, but would not be cool with them taking our coach.
Anything is possible. But, let's not lose sight of the fact we are only 2 games into his second season.

It’s a job. Can’t hate on anyone that takes a job(the same job) and gets paid more along with better benefits anywhere.

I think he’s holding out for, and could well get after this year if he were to run the table or have a 1-2 loss season, a bigger job than that. And he’d be closer to getting a big job continuing to win here, a la Napier, than going and trying to rebuild that mess.

Anything is possible. But, let's not lose sight of the fact we are only 2 games into his second season.
agree. I've stayed out of the threads on the free board, where many are talking about playing Georgia for the national championship. I'm hoping they can bring home a win from bowling green, Ohio on Saturday. Seen too many debacles there in the past. Plus, there's a lot of difficult games yet to be played.

agree. I've stayed out of the threads on the free board, where many are talking about playing Georgia for the national championship. I'm hoping they can bring home a win from bowling green, Ohio on Saturday. Seen too many debacles there in the past. Plus, there's a lot of difficult games yet to be played.
Yehh. People are excited but they need to slow down a little. We have some tough games coming up. Ease the expectations

not trying to pile on wvu with this. They are a train wreck at the moment. Not sure why he would leave us for that. I understand more money but I'll give you two reasons why it isn't the same job it was a few years ago.#1 the Big 12 is undergoing change. With Texas and Oklahoma leaving it will not be the same as before. While this could be helpful to turning the program around (easier to win) the conference is losing plenty of prestige. #2 I think he is holding out for a SEC or Big 10 job. I saw his name mentioned yesterday for the Nebraska job.

not trying to pile on wvu with this. They are a train wreck at the moment. Not sure why he would leave us for that. I understand more money but I'll give you two reasons why it isn't the same job it was a few years ago.#1 the Big 12 is undergoing change. With Texas and Oklahoma leaving it will not be the same as before. While this could be helpful to turning the program around (easier to win) the conference is losing plenty of prestige. #2 I think he is holding out for a SEC or Big 10 job. I saw his name mentioned yesterday for the Nebraska job.
Nebraska is not a "great" job anymore. Harder place to recruit to now. They are in the Big 10 and to me they have never been a good fit for that conference. Their program needs a complete rebuild and it is going to be tough. They are closer to being a Kansas State now than an Ohio State. College football has changed and Tom Osbourne is not walking through that door for Nebraska anymore and this isn't 1978.

All this is premature for Huff, Marshall, WVU, etc.

Nebraska is not a "great" job anymore. Harder place to recruit to now. They are in the Big 10 and to me they have never been a good fit for that conference. Their program needs a complete rebuild and it is going to be tough. They are closer to being a Kansas State now than an Ohio State. College football has changed and Tom Osbourne is not walking through that door for Nebraska anymore and this isn't 1978.

All this is premature for Huff, Marshall, WVU, etc.
Heard the talking heads discussing this. The new ways of recruiting, with players making trips to campus all the time has really hurt Nebraska, as it's all white pretty much in all the local border states. Used to be, they had their way at getting top notch talent out of the I-10 corridor of Oklahoma, Texas, etc., and they would combine all that with the beefy corn fed white boys out of Nebraska, Kansas, and Iowa. They've lost getting all those good brothers and you cannot win without those good brothers. Hell, a brother almost won the US Tennis open last week. Made it to the semis. Thinking the only sport left for the white guy to still dominate is probably bowling, or maybe croquet.

Reactions: i am herdman
Nebraska is surprisingly talented. Frost was just god awful at doing anything with it. They had a top 25 recruiting class in 2021 even without results on the field; I think someone competent there could be competing for the B10 west pretty quickly.

edit: but if the B10 moves to pods and top-2 for the conference championship it gets a lot less fun very quickly.

Heard the talking heads discussing this. The new ways of recruiting, with players making trips to campus all the time has really hurt Nebraska, as it's all white pretty much in all the local border states. Used to be, they had their way at getting top notch talent out of the I-10 corridor of Oklahoma, Texas, etc., and they would combine all that with the beefy corn fed white boys out of Nebraska, Kansas, and Iowa. They've lost getting all those good brothers and you cannot win without those good brothers. Hell, a brother almost won the US Tennis open last week. Made it to the semis. Thinking the only sport left for the white guy to still dominate is probably bowling, or maybe croquet.
They are going to have to figure out recruiting for sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT