ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is up with heroin in Huntington ???

ggmike1992

Gold Buffalo
Jan 3, 2007
Tallahassee, Florida
Reading to local paper this morning and there have been 10 heroin overdose deaths this year and EMTs have reported to 41 calls for heroin overdoses. Seems like an awful large number for a city this size. What gives?

Originally posted by ggmike1992:
Reading to local paper this morning and there have been 10 heroin overdose deaths this year and EMTs have reported to 41 calls for heroin overdoses. Seems like an awful large number for a city this size. What gives?
Heroin is the new meth in WV (& meth is still prevalent.) I have immediate family that still work within the school systems in WV & you wouldn't believe the stuff kids are getting caught with.

Why don't the locals just form up a posse and rid the place of it. That is what they should do. We have played political correct for too long and cops would rather write speeding tickets. The local sheriffs should get able willing bodies men and mount up and start taking these drug houses/dealers down. And, if they resist shoot them dead. Don't waste time in the courts and let them get a two bit lawyer to get them out. Burn their houses and shoot them dead. These maggots are paying on the weak and impoverished of that area.

Damn, this country has gone to Hell.

Long term solution, that area is going to have to get jobs and futures for its young people. That is the crux of the matter.
This post was edited on 1/31 11:27 AM by i am herdman

Originally posted by i am herdman:

Why don't the locals just form up a posse and rid the place of it. That is what they should do. We have played political correct for too long and cops would rather write speeding tickets. The local sheriffs should get able willing bodies men and mount up and start taking these drug houses/dealers down. And, if they resist shoot them dead. Don't waste time in the courts and let them get a two bit lawyer to get them out. Burn their houses and shoot them dead. These maggots are paying on the weak and impoverished of that area.

Long term solution, that area is going to have to get jobs and futures for its young people. That is the crux of the matter.
Other than 90% of what you wrote, I see no problem with that line of thinking.

Heroin has taken the place of the opiates found in pain pills. Since pain pills have finally become better regulated and manufactured to make it nearly impossible to melt down and "shoot", heroin has stepped in as the alternative. Not to mention it's much cheaper than Oxycontin. The out of town "homeboys" have jumped right on the ever changing local drug scene and are making a lot of money, I'm sure. My good friend is an EMT and he said that they may get 1 legit call out of every 15, the rest are all a bunch of junkies and able bodied do nothing's begging for another handout.

and you get upset when you feel that Obama and the Democrats are spitting on our Constitution...

Sometimes you gave to do what you have to do. Run their asses out of town like the old days.

they would have never done this shit 330 yrs ago when I was growing up. People would have never tolerated home boy from Detroit selling killer drugs on our streets there. Home boy would have gone his ass shot.

nothing i said was unconstitutional. The local sheriff has every right to rid his county of this shit and has the right to form a legal posse. Keep going after them a home boy will go back where he came from with the drugs he is pushing on your kids. How long are people going to let this happen?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

they would have never done this shit 330 yrs ago when I was growing up.

nothing i said was unconstitutional.
1. Damn, you are old.
wink.r191677.gif

2. Don't waste time in the courts and let them get a two bit lawyer to get them out... I thought the Constitution touched on this point.

If they truly wanted to get rid of it and create a better/safer environment, they would just legalize it. Since we do own our bodies, we should be able to put whatever we want into our bodies. I mean most of the shit FDA allows are poison pills. Why is that ok? Prohibition never works. Why do people fail to learn from history? Did anyone not learn from the alcohol prohibition? Sadly not. We humans make same mistakes over and over. Never learn.

Plus, heroine has nothing on the real drug problem. The real drug problem? Pill popping. There's a pill for everything these days. Take a little pill for Illness A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, etc. There's a pill for everything and people pop them. Many of those pills being poison. But it's legal and ok because FDA and pharmaceutical companies are making serious bank.

Originally posted by herdfan06:

and you get upset when you feel that Obama and the Democrats are spitting on our Constitution...
Republicans are the biggest hypocrites of them all. They preach small government unless it's something they don't agree with. I.E. drugs, gay marriage, etc.

It's not just Huntington. It is everywhere. Heroin has replaced pain pills. It all goes back to doctors and the pharmaceutical industry pushing OxyContin.

At least with OxyContin the junkies knew exactly what they were getting. Heroin comes in varying strength and with God knows what it in. The big killer now is heroin mixed with fentanyl.

What a lot of people don't know is pills cut across all socioeconomic groups, and now heroin is doing the same. Cops here tell me heroin is big in the suburbs. I bet Huntington is the same.

Herdman, the cops do their best. You can't get warrant without cause, even though they know who the dealers are. It pretty much takes a CI or an undercover buy to get a warrant. And hell, you bust one dealer and two takes his place. This is big money, bigger than crack ever was.

Hope you didn't buy a house north of South Blvd.

Originally posted by bEER_Nation13:

Originally posted by herdfan06:

Republicans are the biggest hypocrites of them all. They preach small government unless it's something they don't agree with. I.E. drugs, gay marriage, etc.
I am talking about getting rid of the rut gut drug dealers and drug houses that distribute this rot gut to the youth.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke MU:
It's not just Huntington. It is everywhere. Heroin has replaced pain pills. It all goes back to doctors and the pharmaceutical industry pushing OxyContin.

At least with OxyContin the junkies knew exactly what they were getting. Heroin comes in varying strength and with God knows what it in. The big killer now is heroin mixed with fentanyl.

What a lot of people don't know is pills cut across all socioeconomic groups, and now heroin is doing the same. Cops here tell me heroin is big in the suburbs. I bet Huntington is the same.

Herdman, the cops do their best. You can't get warrant without cause, even though they know who the dealers are. It pretty much takes a CI or an undercover buy to get a warrant. And hell, you bust one dealer and two takes his place. This is big money, bigger than crack ever was.

Honestly, who the hell would take Heroin? They used the show those scary movies in school or church about taking heroin. People would shoot it up and get tracks on their arm and look all crazy and their body would break down. Then, they would have to quit cold turkey when arrested and their whole body would contract like the exorcist movie.

I think we should go back to the old days when you could run people out of town or hang them.

Originally posted by GreenDuke:

Hope you didn't buy a house north of South Blvd.
I wouldn't buy one west of Barboursville if I was back in that area.

When I was growing up some guys who lived up on the hill got into drugs. Nothing like Heroin but smoking dope and stuff. We were out of town and they got in our building and climbed up a tree behind it. The neighbor called my grandparents and he came down there with a 16 gauge and pistol strapped on his side.

Told them to get out of the tree and go home. And, they could either do it the easy way or hard way.

That is how you handle things. Other than peeing in the road and walking by drunk they never caused anymore problems.

This post was edited on 1/31 5:59 PM by i am herdman

Oh, I feel the same way. Of all the main drugs, heroin is the one I wouldn't dream of doing even once. Plus I don't care for the itching and stuff with pain pills. I was on some good stuff for three months when my jaw was messed up. I itched, was constipated and my turds were like trying to shit bricks. Who wants to live like that?

But opiate addiction is a bitch. I knew this would happen when they cracked down on the pills.

Heroin is blowing up everywhere - not just Huntington. The main reason has nothing to do with kaw enforcement or state and federal officials putting a dent in the pill problem as soom have suggested. It has everything to do with the fact that it's cheaper, a greater high, and easier to get (no travel to a pill mil required).

That's your opinion Cat, but it most certainly has to do with the lack of access to pills and the new measures taken to make it more difficult to crush/melt pills down. Heroin is cheap? Yes, cheaper than what? Pills. This is pretty common knowledge amongst police, drug treatment centers and drug users.

What us cool or fun about taking heroin? It is nasty and dangerous.
Posted from Rivals MobileSame could be said about alcohol. Hell, alcohol is worse than heroin. Don't hear anyone wanting to ban alcohol.

It's about individual people abusing the drug, not the actual drug itself.

Same argument as you Republicans use about guns. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. It's the same thing. It falls on the individuals, not the actual drug. Some people can handle their stuff, do it recreational, pay their bills, etc and there are others who cannot handle their stuff, abuse the drug, and steal to pay for their fix.

All do respect, that is not an opinion - it is a fact. I have spent most of my working life fighting the diversion of prescription drugs. The time release changes you are referring to only applies to oxycontin (80 mg pills). They did nothing to the 30 and 15 mg pills, which led to a huge boost in demand for those drugs. In other words, they've switched from abusing 80s to abusing 15s and 30s. Had oxy use dropped off? Maybe a little, but it's due to the influx of heroin, not anything we've done to stop it. I deal with this shit every single day.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Heroin is meeting a demand, not creating it.

That is what I don't understand. Why would someone want to take Heroin? Don't you have to know you are giving yourself a death sentence?

That is what I don't understand. Why would someone want to take Heroin?
I think the same thing about smoking and alcohol (to excess). Two legal drugs that wreck the most havoc. Just to play Devil's Advocate, why not make these things illegal? I know that sounds silly and naïve, how can you justify keeping these two items around knowing how much damage they cause?

Alcohol and smokes? Until people start shooting up a Bud Light and a Marlboro I am going to have to disagree with that.

I don't mind the doctor sticking me with a needle, but I'm not like, "Yeah, I am going to go home and stick one of those fvckers between my toes."

Or heat that crap up in a spoon in the back of some rat infested hole in the wall.

I can see the allure of smoking some pot. Maybe getting hooked on pain meds. But, heroin? Nothing sexy about that. Downright nasty and a death sentence.

Cat, I've worked in the field as well and I'm not talking about the time release. They've made them more difficult to crush and melt due to some type of coating. That's the fact. That's what I stated previously. Here's the story from nearly 2 years ago.

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved updated labeling for Purdue Pharma L.P.'s reformulated OxyContin (oxycodone hydrochloride controlled-release) tablets. The new labeling indicates that the product has physical and chemical properties that are expected to make abuse via injection difficult and to reduce abuse via the intranasal route (snorting)."[/B]

As far as I know this has been done to all Oxycontin pills, not just the 80s. If there is other information out there that contradicts the FDA announcement I've not seen it.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm348252.htm

Alcohol and smokes? Until people start shooting up a Bud Light and a Marlboro I am going to have to disagree with that.

I don't mind the doctor sticking me with a needle, but I'm not like, "Yeah, I am going to go home and stick one of those fvckers between my toes."

Raoul...I was referring to the long-term health care effects of using tobacco and alcohol. More people die from using these two items more than any other of the illegal drugs.

Again, all due respect, but that study is bullshit. You really think big pharma wants to stem prescription pill abuse? That is absurd. They are the only ones making more money than the drug dealers. I am telling you there are just as many people using and abusing oxys as there were 5 years ago - probably more. I deal with it every single day. No offense, but if you think you can rely more on reports from the pharaceuticsl industry and academicians at some ivy league school overt people that deal with this shit on a daily basis, you're being intellectually dishonest with yourself to begin with. There has been nothing - nothing - done to oxy 15s and 30s to prevent their abuse.

Btw, the fda article is talking about Oxycontin - the brand name for oxycodone 80 mg pills, NOT oxycodone in general. 15s & 30s aren't Oxycontin - the brand name - they are oxycodone pills.

Raoul...I was referring to the long-term health care effects of using tobacco and alcohol. More people die from using these two items more than any other of the illegal drugs.
Yeah, and most of them die a LONG time after they start drinking or smoking. I don't know any old heroin addicts.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Heroin is meeting a demand, not creating it.

That is what I don't understand. Why would someone want to take Heroin? Don't you have to know you are giving yourself a death sentence?

People do it because it provides a pleasure far greater than anything you have ever experienced.

An orgasm doesn't even come close. When your poor, sick, living on the streets etc, you have nothing to live for. The prospect of receiving immense pleasure doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Then they get hooked and life if far worse than it was before but that would be the line of logic taking place.

Cat and greenis, you are both right to an extent.

Heroin is so popular because of price. Some peps can get by as cheap as $10 a day.

Pill regulation has driven up the price of pills.

Originally posted by ThunderCat98:
Heroin is blowing up everywhere - not just Huntington. The main reason has nothing to do with kaw enforcement or state and federal officials putting a dent in the pill problem as soom have suggested. It has everything to do with the fact that it's cheaper, a greater high, and easier to get (no travel to a pill mil required).

It has everything to do with Hydrocodone becoming a Schedule II narcotic in October. Hydrocodone and oxycodone are both now difficult to obtain and therefore more expensive. This followed Tramadol, another opiate, becoming a controlled substance this past summer. Abuse of heroin has immediately increased. It really isn't a surprise and was very predictable.

Neither hydrocodone or oxycodone are difficult to obtain. Pick a pain clinic in Florida or Georgia, get an mri showing any type or level of degenerative problem, pay $250-300, and BAM! - you've got a script for a couple of schedule IIs, some xanax bars, and a non-narcotic pain pill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT