ADVERTISEMENT

WV trashed by lib

Everybody outside of WV thinks of WV as nothing but lowlife garbage. That's why anytime we go out of state and actually land a job, it's a miracle. Still, you go your whole life spit upon and shit upon.

People talk about minorities and underprivileged. If you have WV attached to you somehow, you're automatically counted as a retard by everybody else and the onus is really on you to prove you're not.

Every time I actually tie my shoes out here, people are still amazed. Hell, I'm amazed when I can do it without passing out at this point.

We know who doesn't listen to the lyrics....Springsteen's politics were always on display right there in the music.

🤣🤣🤣 Another failed attempt at being clever and funny...

What have I told you about using absolutes like "always"???

Always??? What was political about Springsteen's breakout hit "Born to Run"? Or "Rosalita"? "Candy's Room" and many others???

Maybe YOU should listen to those lyrics...

Springsteen became more political over time until he ultimately contracted TDS...

C'mon, man!

Another failed attempt at being clever and funny...
There's nothing funny or clever about being that idiot that likes songs/an artist but has no clue what the songs/artist are about. It's just being a moron.
What was political about Springsteen's breakout hit
I didn't say every single song was political, moron. You are old enough to have listened to albums in their entirety...the way that era of rock was meant to be listened to.

Springsteen became more political over time
Right there in your article: "To anyone listening closely, a lot of what Springsteen said that night was already in his songs."

didn't say every single song was political

Always??? Doesn't that mean in all, or every instance???

Springsteen's politics were always on display right there in the music.

Always as in every time or every song??? Take my advice. Tone down on the use of absolutes...

Now if you said often or later in his career...

There's nothing funny or clever about being that idiot that likes songs/an artist but has no clue what the songs/artist are about. It's just being a moron.

Hmmm, many (not all just to clarify for your behalf) of the lyrics of Springsteen's songs, especially his earlier ones, relate to personal struggles, like coming of age (Born to Run) and trying to find love (She's the One).

Later songs seemed to move beyond these adolescent struggles and have more adult themes. These include missed or lost opportunities (Glory Days), the difficulties of adulthood and relationships (The River) and even infidelity and abandonment (Hungry Heart).

While I have long questioned many Republicans' infatuation with Born in the USA, I find this song more about disillusionment which follows the dark and defeatist themes inherent to many of Springsteen's songs than a political statement (P.S. who escalated the Vietnam War and who got us out of it?).

But hey if you follow your usual narrow focus to limit the broad range of Springsteen's songs to just that of being political then I guess we know who the moron is, moron...

Always??? Doesn't that mean in all, or every instance???
Always as in over the time of his career, dumbass.

I find this song more about disillusionment which follows the dark and defeatist themes inherent to many of Springsteen's songs than a political statement (P.S. who escalated the Vietnam War and who got us out of it?).
What is it with the average American and their tendency to think "politics" always means "political parties"? At the base level, politics is wealth and power. Could it be that our billion dollar corporate media wants everyone to forget that?

One of my favorite Springsteen songs is Johnny 99. When corporations and banks (and government economic policy!) drive you to robbery and murder....there's politics in there.

The disillusionment is political. Sold the American Dream on a false bill of goods.

Reactions: imherdfan
I get a chuckle out of people that think Born In The USA is another God Bless The USA.

I have said this too for as long as I can remember. But this is actually a bi-partisan issue as both parties have used Born in the USA and tried to claim it as their own. Not as well known as Reagan's claim to Springsteen was Walter Mondale's a few weeks later (hmmm, wonder why???).

It was 20 years or so later that Springsteen became more vocal about politics and actually began endorsing candidates.

Always as in over the time of his career

🤣🤣🤣

What is it with the average American and their tendency to think "politics" always means "political parties"?

Ummm, could it be the word "political" in the phrase political parties??? Gee, and you like to call others idiots and morons...

As previously mentioned, both parties have tried to politicize Springsteen since the 1980's as you are trying to still do today. "Average" Americans just wanted to enjoy his music...

In case you haven't noticed our electorate and populace are both split almost 50/50 along party lines. Politics are political. Something as simple as the Covid shot are now politicized, and politicized along party lines. How many times have you politicized this issue by blaming it all on Republicans???

At the base level, politics is wealth and power.

You really do seem to have a problem with anyone with a semblance of wealth or power. It is a recurring theme...

Could it be that our billion dollar corporate media wants everyone to forget that?

I trust the media less than most for many reasons yet you seem to gobble up a lot of their propaganda and chastise anyone with a counter view with a tinfoil comment...

The disillusionment is political. Sold the American Dream on a false bill of goods.

But yet millions keep coming here every year for that very dream... Why do you appear to hate that dream???

I know you mean that as an insult but coming from one I wear it as a badge of honor. I mean you are only one of about three here that will actually agree with EG. That should tell you something about yourself if you could just be honest with yourself....

Ummm, could it be the word "political" in the phrase political parties???
The word "sanitary" is in the phrase "sanitary toliet"...you volunteering to eat some shit out of one?
Gee, and you like to call others idiots and morons...
If the shoe fits...
"Average" Americans just wanted to enjoy his music...
Yet an "average American" like you now turns off his songs because you cant' just enjoy his music.

You know you can disagree with the politics of an artist and still enjoy/appreciate their music? It's the same way with any type of art. You ever walk into an art gallery and think about the personal politics of each artist? Me neither.
You really do seem to have a problem with anyone with a semblance of wealth or power.
I have a problem with many people who have had power. Hitler? Bad person, lots of power.

Wealth? Not really. But how does one use the power of their wealth? There's the rub. Remember when you right wingers cried when Bezos bought WAPO? Yeah, that's an issue with how someone uses their wealth for power.

P.S. bitch: I think it's shitty Bezos owes WAPA too.
But yet millions keep coming here every year for that very dream...
Good for them. I hope 100% make it. Unlike the few percent that do. But I have said it many times right here: poor in American beats poor in most places. So what the fvck is your point? Poorish in American IS the American Dream compared to shitholes...your team's boy was right about that!
Why do you appear to hate that dream???

How do I? Look, if I had assets of a billon instead of a million I would be very happy, American Dream bitches! I'd sponsor 100 Koala in zoos around the world, and pay Elon Musk to launch my jizz into space in hopes to panspermia a new planet a billion years from now. I'd buy a Plymouth Road Runner Superbird and wash it with a diaper twice a week. You? You'd commission a radio to block all liberal artists...and it would play Morgan Wallen, Toby Keith, and maybe the band playing at your local biker bar....unless the bassist needs cheap health insurance.

Oh my, if you are trying to be funny with a play on words at least spell the words correctly... 🥱
Oh my, my typo makes your opinions instantly right!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I’m dying to know your interpretation of this song.

edit: lol nevermind that’s what I get for skimming. Been discussed to death
Regardless of the bashing someone has tried to inflict upon me about this I think it's pretty common knowledge the song is dark and definitely not necessarily patriotic, no matter how politicians from BOTH parties have tried to use it in the past...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT