ADVERTISEMENT

WVU fan day cancelled b/c of . . .

ilmherdfan

Gold Buffalo
Mar 11, 2007
From Derek Redd’s Twitter:

Just through the email: WVU Fan Day to be postponed and rescheduled if a later date is available due to 5 cases of hand, foot and mouth disease identified in the football program. Anyone with kids in daycare knows what they're dealing with right now.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
You'd figure that those geniuses in Morganhole would just have ole Dana walk through their football facilities/complex breathing deeply and exhaling heavily. Hell, enough alcohol in his system that such an activity on his part would kill 99.9% of all viruses and/or bacteria present!!!!

Reactions: 31Herd55
You'd figure that those geniuses in Morganhole would just have ole Dana walk through their football facilities/complex breathing deeply and exhaling heavily. Hell, enough alcohol in his system that such an activity on his part would kill 99.9% of all viruses and/or bacteria present!!!!
Probably fearful that someone would strike a match and blow the place apart...Ol' Dana would look like a human flame thrower.

My former minister and his wife were spit on when walking to Puskar stadium in 1997. Classy!

For the life of me.
..I can not understand why the decision makers at WVU allow that "crap to happen" when visitors come the Mountain State. Being voted annually the "worst place to visit on football Saturdays is no Badge of Honor. I will defend the WV native student body....I can't imagine them being a part of the hostile environment because Mom & Dad would "bust their asses" if they HERD about that behavior. It has to be folks from out of state (duh---Yankees).

True Story. After the Purdue game a few years ago I was in the Indianapolis area visiting my daughter. I drove to the campus of Purdue and West Lafayette reminds me of a larger Huntington. I was in the Purdue Bookstore and while checking out---The manager notice my HERD shirt. We began a short conversation when two young men approached me....."Did you attend the Purdue-Marshall game a few weeks ago?" My reply was YES. I asked them if they enjoyed all the college bars in Huntington? They both replied---"No way-----Coach would not permit us to go out." They were Boilermaker football players. One spoke up saying...."I want to express my thoughts about Marshall & Huntington-----I'm a junior and have traveled to all Big 10 schools (Ohio CheatEyes are the worst fans, according to him)." "Our team & fans were treated really well by the Huntington fans and HERD team during our visit. We lost a close game---and afterwards your fans were asking us if there was anything we needed." He closed by saying-----"I HERD it's not like that at WVU."

This made me happy to HERD the fine hospitality exhibited by the Marshall fans, etc. I learned a long time ago---treat visitors with respect. I am not a WVU-Hater...I love anything about the Mountain State and I cheer for the Eers when Marshall is not involved. I don't ever expect to change that.

HerdZilla22 (G. Sweeney) in Charlotte

For the life of me...I can not understand why the decision makers at WVU allow that "crap to happen" when visitors come the Mountain State. Being voted annually the "worst place to visit on football Saturdays is no Badge of Honor. I will defend the WV native student body....I can't imagine them being a part of the hostile environment because Mom & Dad would "bust their asses" if they HERD about that behavior. It has to be folks from out of state (duh---Yankees).

The crowd at a Spamite game consists of three elements:

- The rich kid (anyone who can attend a private or out-of-state tuition school is rich) out-of-state students (the majority). Understand that most all schools that have P5 football are highly selective. You do not just graduate HS and apply to good ole State U. Rather you are directed to a cascading series of lesser schools. So these rich New Jersites have a choice of something like Montclair State or the virtually open admissions USPAM. Those that go to USPAM are a self-selected group. They want to act like losers. They chose (at WV taxpayers' expense) to attend a school where the main pursuit is drunkenness and general assishness, and the academics are easy.

- The in-state students (the minority). WV has plenty of colleges. You can go anywhere you want. Again, these students WANT to be around the New Jersites. Kids with proper upbringing make other choices.

- The hilljack fans. Understand that a total suspension of disbelief, or just being so fundamentally stupid you do not know any better, is REQUIRED to follow USPAM sports. The idiocy spewed by the in-house flacks and the lap dog media is so unbelievable it takes some one really really really out of it to not just say "this is pro wrestling on astro turf" and walk away. So in a state of 1.8 MILLION people, 40 thousand or so (after you account for the student seats) show up. A self-selected group. People who have never been anywhere or done anything, because exposure to the wider world is inoculation to believing the idiocy that one MUST believe to follow this stuff. Non-alumni (of anywhere) mostly (college educated people are way too smart to buy in).

You go to church, or the movies, or plays, or whatever it is you do in your free time. You are normal (AFAIK). Most people, by definition, are normal. These 40K or so want, with 10000 other options, to spend six saturdays per year getting drunk, acting like a**es, and ACTUALLY BELIEVING that THIS year will be different from every other year.

A very different thing from what goes on in Huntington, or Blacksburg, or State College, or Columbus, or most any place else you want to name. A self-selected student body of drunken losers, the majority turned down by their home state schools, and a self-selected fan base that are simply the worst of the worst, 0.3% of a state that actually has a lot of really great people in it.

And then, to the hilljacks, there is us. We, who know better than to believe the idiocy. Who actually know how the world works. That hate us. Because they ain't us.

Now, even though we are "not rivals" and "don't matter", some Spamites, for some reason on OUR board, will post 6th grade level combacks, usually "you are female" and the internet version of yelling "is not true either" really loudly.

It is sad really.

I am as big of wvu hater as anyone. I enjoy them losing almost as much as I do Herd wins.

I did not go in 97. I attended all of the games in Huntington and Motown for the 7 game series. The early trips to Motown were horrible filled with abusive language, profanity and I took a beer can to the chest on the blue lot. I will say you could see a noticeable difference by the end of the series and could tell that there was a concerted effort by the administration to correct the bad behavior. I think for the most part they probably have corrected it.

I'm just guessing that long earning reputation will take years or decades to go away.

I am as big of wvu hater as anyone. I enjoy them losing almost as much as I do Herd wins.

I did not go in 97. I attended all of the games in Huntington and Motown for the 7 game series. The early trips to Motown were horrible filled with abusive language, profanity and I took a beer can to the chest on the blue lot. I will say you could see a noticeable difference by the end of the series and could tell that there was a concerted effort by the administration to correct the bad behavior. I think for the most part they probably have corrected it.

I'm just guessing that long earning reputation will take years or decades to go away.

Nothing will ever top the things I saw in Morgantown vs VaTech in 2003. I was honestly surprised no one died that evening. That game, and the aftermath, may be looked back upon as the tipping point.

My nephew and I were leaving Heinz Field two years ago when Marshall was playing sPitt. We witnessed a near fistfight between an older Marshall fan and a young sPitt punk.

My nephew and I were leaving Heinz Field two years ago when Marshall was playing sPitt. We witnessed a near fistfight between an older Marshall fan and a young sPitt punk.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TeenWolfChubby

Come on dan, you know better than that. Marshall fans are the best in the country and WVU fans eat babies. Don't pay attention to their stories about fighting each other (Marshall fan vs Marshall fan) in the men's bathroom at a Charlotte game.

https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-story.38616/#post-537026

Come on dan, you know better than that. Marshall fans are the best in the country and WVU fans eat babies. Don't pay attention to their stories about fighting each other (Marshall fan vs Marshall fan) in the men's bathroom at a Charlotte game.

https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-story.38616/#post-537026

Says the creeper who took pics of some Marshall fans who were about to pound him for staring way too long (which would make anyone uncomfortable).

Remember that one, @Dreh_Nagi_HC_IM ?

The reason visiting fans always have a good time at Marshall is that we have no rivals that bring fans to games in Huntington. Of course nobody mistreated Purdue - we just beat them, and it was Purdue, who cares?

If we beat WVU in Huntington, do you really think our fans would be like, "Oh guys, tough loss, let me make you some apple pie."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT